Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
It's all in the car setup and what shocks you have. The mustang can be more frustrating with the stock quadralink while the F-body can be a PITA with bad shocks. good shocks and playing with springs on the F-body scores BIG gains but I think the mustang is better on the brakes....and that is the ONLY advantage I haven't worked out yet on the F-body within CMC rules.
Well regardless, the Fords definitely work in TX. They seem to do pretty well on the east coast too. This is where the whole amateur racer spread of skill comes into play, I guarantee if Bryan's motor hadn't gone low on oil pressure he'd have been on the podium. Check out how nats went last year too, the big variable there was an out of class douche in a BMW racing himself while fast racers who'd gotten DQ'd were trying to reel back in. Based on how COTA went, I observed no dominant platform (IMHO). There were too many variables in that race to truly decide if one platform had an advantage over another, but that was at a very unusual track for CMC from what I could see. If we rewind to Hallett last year, Bryan did complain of his car fading late in the race, though I suspect Mosty's was too. It's hot as balls down there and driving style also plays a huge role as does the personality of the loose nut behind the wheel. I know by the time I'd cleared Al and Dan my car was friggin done, even the clutch started slipping in the final after John Martin had made his move that I somehow managed to hold off.