Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
Well regardless, the Fords definitely work in TX. They seem to do pretty well on the east coast too. This is where the whole amateur racer spread of skill comes into play, I guarantee if Bryan's motor hadn't gone low on oil pressure he'd have been on the podium. Check out how nats went last year too, the big variable there was an out of class douche in a BMW racing himself while fast racers who'd gotten DQ'd were trying to reel back in. Based on how COTA went, I observed no dominant platform (IMHO). There were too many variables in that race to truly decide if one platform had an advantage over another, but that was at a very unusual track for CMC from what I could see. If we rewind to Hallett last year, Bryan did complain of his car fading late in the race, though I suspect Mosty's was too. It's hot as balls down there and driving style also plays a huge role as does the personality of the loose nut behind the wheel. I know by the time I'd cleared Al and Dan my car was friggin done, even the clutch started slipping in the final after John Martin had made his move that I somehow managed to hold off.
Keep in mind the 4th gens that routinely challenged and beat the mustangs aren't actively racing any longer in Texas. I'd like to change that sometime in the next year but other priorities are keeping me away from bringing Glenn's old car out and hopefully making a few of the guys at the front at least break a sweat. I would need a few weekends of testing in CMC trim (mostly brake package and weight changes) to get to know the RR and I just have not had the time. One thing about the car setup right now is it only fades in HOUR 5 to 6 of 8... 45 minutes should be a breeze.