Thread: 1st Win Award

Hybrid View

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Thanks Dan! Things like this are why I think this group is the best out there. It's not just about having an award and getting money, but it shows the kind of things this group is willing to do for each other. We have everything from prize money for a first win to everyone chipping to work on someones car to ensure they can get back out on track.

The camaraderie is what attracted me to this series first, the racing, type of car, and cost came later. The first time I was at TWS for a DE I was wondering around the paddock checking out cars and saw at least five people helping someone work on their car in the garages between races. During the course of the weekend I didn't see that with any other group, and that's pretty much when I decided that if I ever got into racing it would be CMC/AI. I think things like that and awards/gestures like Dan's will do more for attracting racers than any rule change ever will.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Thanks Dan! Things like this are why I think this group is the best out there. It's not just about having an award and getting money, but it shows the kind of things this group is willing to do for each other. We have everything from prize money for a first win to everyone chipping to work on someones car to ensure they can get back out on track.

The camaraderie is what attracted me to this series first, the racing, type of car, and cost came later. The first time I was at TWS for a DE I was wondering around the paddock checking out cars and saw at least five people helping someone work on their car in the garages between races. During the course of the weekend I didn't see that with any other group, and that's pretty much when I decided that if I ever got into racing it would be CMC/AI. I think things like that and awards/gestures like Dan's will do more for attracting racers than any rule change ever will.
    Ditto
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"