Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOLA Oct 19-20

Hybrid View

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I love it Richard, hahaha. I should have made just a muffler fly at John and not the whole exhaust. ;^)

I checked the points with drops and it looks like we will be having 4 drops this year. If we take the lowest 4 points out from previous events I show John at 1125, Josh at 1085, and me at 1075. Double check my points to make sure.

We also need to see how many races and points scoring races there will be at NOLA to best prepare.

I know it is a longer tow for some but is anyone else planning to go?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I checked the points with drops and it looks like we will be having 4 drops this year. If we take the lowest 4 points out from previous events I show John at 1125, Josh at 1085, and me at 1075. Double check my points to make sure.

The problem is that you checked the rule book. That's a dumb place to go. They just put those there just to tease and confuse people. We're talking NASA Texas here. That means that we have to follow the "NASA Texas Supplemental Rules, Version 1.3 Updated 12/20/18." https://nasatx.com/wp-content/upload...ntal-Rules.pdf

From Item 5 of the supplemental rules: "CMC, AI, SI, AIX will have 7 race drops. This rule supersedes the CCR and/or class rules."

So, we have 7 drops. With 7 events and four races per event, that's not an unreasonable number. Well, COTA was only ever going to have three races. And then Eagles was cancelled. There was also a small issue with weather at Hallett and timing issues at TMS that each caused a race drop. So, seven actually ends up being a really big number. Oops. The good news is that you don't have to worry about how many races we will be able to get at NOLA...

Richard P.

So with seven drops where does that leave the top three CMC??
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I’m sitting NOLA out. Our dog Bandit (Blue Heeler begging for ribs at Hallett) is thought to have pretty advanced and terminal cancer and doesn’t have much time left. To that end I won’t be prepping my car this weekend so we’ll catch you guys at MSR-H in January.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Looks like I’m sitting NOLA out. Our dog Bandit (Blue Heeler begging for ribs at Hallett) is thought to have pretty advanced and terminal cancer and doesn’t have much time left. To that end I won’t be prepping my car this weekend so we’ll catch you guys at MSR-H in January.
    Really sorry to hear that bud.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Sorry to hear this. They are mans best friend for a reason.
    Mike
    No more race car

I called and got details on the NOLA schedule for this weekend. Saturday will be the standard format with 2 races and Sunday will have qual and just 1 race being a 40 minute race that starts at 11:00. Will be nice to be able to get home at a more reasonable hour.

I see myself, Josh, John, and Heather signed up. Who else is planning on going? Al and Kevin, are y’all still in? Pranav? Who else?
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I called and got details on the NOLA schedule for this weekend. Saturday will be the standard format with 2 races and Sunday will have qual and just 1 race being a 40 minute race that starts at 11:00. Will be nice to be able to get home at a more reasonable hour.

I see myself, Josh, John, and Heather signed up. Who else is planning on going? Al and Kevin, are y’all still in? Pranav? Who else?
    I am in and finishing putting my rear end and checking things over.

I don't want to register until the last minute given their refund policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    So with seven drops where does that leave the top three CMC??
    Here's what I got with 7 drops:
    Pos No. Name 7 Drops
    1 50 Joshua Sooknanan 925
    2 7 John Martin 905
    3 11 Michael Mosty 835
    Last edited by Sook; 10-10-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Sorry for terrible formatting.
    CMC #50

Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Here's what I got with 7 drops:
    Pos No. Name 7 Drops
    1 50 Joshua Sooknanan 925
    2 7 John Martin 905
    3 11 Michael Mosty 835
    Josh, did you drop the 7 lowest scores from the races already run?

I don’t have the numbers with me but when I dropped the 7 lowest scores for all I had John in first by about 60 points over you in 2nd.

I definitely want to make sure all are on the same page heading into NOLA next weekend.

So sorry to hear about the news with Bandit, Daniel. :^(
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 10-10-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region