Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
My understanding is that the 615K+ fixed the greasing issue...haven't read anyone having trouble with new compound tires specifically.

On contingency, my thought would be that we wouldn't pursue it given than the number of tires needed per season was drastically reduced. Even winning an event a weekend and finishing well in another, a top guy is spending 3-500 per event to stay on sticker RR's depending on how close to the top step of the podium he was. If Azenis last say, 3 weekends we're spending $250-275 per weekend on tires. If you don't get contingency, well...you guys can do math

I'm not looking to step on toes w.r.t. toyo and NASA, just trying to find a way to make our racing more cost effective and still just as much fun. TOYO makes the R1R which is a 200TW street tire, maybe we consider that option?

The NT01 is made by Nitto...so we'd still be leaving the toyo umbrella with that one, though I liked those tires on the ecobooze at COTA.
I know your intent is not to step on toes, that's why I just said be careful depending on how far you take this. On the other hand the powers that be may notice and take interest in a good way depending on how it's perceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
You guys are over complicating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQeBbEbztc
Hmm, we ought to be able to use that to fulfill the 4 sticker minimum?