Quote Originally Posted by martinsntx View Post
272hp and 302trq, with my post race weight I was 5hp over. I'm now restricted down to 263hp and 296trq. Still better torque then I've ever had, so I'm happy with that. Not so much about blowing the dyno. I'm sorry for causing the group any trouble but will do my best to make it right.

John
Thanks John. Great example of a gentleman and a gentleman racer making things right and fair. This is the kind of people I enjoy racing and hanging out with at the track.

Good questions Dave. Is your 302 carb or FI? Same dyno? Have you checked another dyno? What was the weather difference between the two dyno days? Apparently the further you get away from the SAE corrected weather readings the less accurate the correction factor. We experienced this in Houston one year dynoing on a very cold day-I had to go to smaller plates that cut about 15-20 hp off when I went back to another dyno and others had a similar experience. Of course with a carb the numbers could fluctuate pretty good based on weather I think, too.