Thread: Hallett pics/videos

Hybrid View

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Something changed. It could be something on the car (knocked toe or slipped camber, etc.) but more than likely the push was there a bit all weekend and you just fried the fronts to cause an imbalance with the rears. See if there is a difference in tread depth front to rear. We've had it happen on the Orange car. That's why I'm so aggressive with changing car setup early in the weekend to suit the track conditions. Fresh tires fix all...

Richard P.
    You're right, just have to get a look at it and figure out what it was. Toe weekend to weekend is never consistent... probably time to change the tie rods....
    Last edited by drecords; 06-25-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    You're right, just have to get a look at it and figure out what it was. Toe weekend to weekend is never consistent... probably time to change the tie rods....
    Is camber and caster consistent? If so, you're onto something. If not, look to the tie rods. As said before, my car was hot garbage but held on just long enough which wasn't long after I got around you. In my experience, when my car develops a control issue part way through the race, generally so does everyone else's unless they're on stickers and I'm on garbage. I showed up with 3 HC tires Thursday, practiced Friday, and raced all weekend on them. I had stickers in the trailer, but didn't mount them. Based on how my race went on Sunday, I don't think mounting stickers would have changed anything. If the stickers stood a chance, I would have had to have held off you and dealt with Al very swiftly to keep up with the front-most pack. Because racing is more about lap times, this is not what happened and is what drives how we develop ourselves as racers. I really do wish I had more Bryans, Mostys, Sooks, and Janders here in CO because I could come to TX far more comprehensively prepared for what truly makes a person finish out front.
    RM CMC Director