Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationals

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    That was the jist of it. I'm sure it came out wrong cause I'm typing, and was nothing personal toward Ross or anyone. I wasn't blaming anyone or saying they were doing a bad job. My point was that at nationals there is an in depth inspection where we actually have to pull a wheel off and have stuff checked. We can do that at a local level to, it's not a big deal and doesn't take very long to measure a restrictor plate or something simple. At the very least I think we should measure restrictors and compare to the drivers logbook. That's all I'm sayin.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    Very much aware of that. I get aggravated when people suggest that we aren't thorough. I am always paying attention to all classes and looking to spot things that are not with class rules for all series. I report those to the series directors regularly. What they do with them is beyond my control. I catch things all the time, like coil packs that aren't within the rules, glove box covers that are absent, bumper covers from a "not allowed" model, hell I've seen people with the wrong type of ECU.
    You haven't noticed a peculiar looking switch on the 55 by any chance? BL wanted me to ask.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    So we can handle this a few ways... I can submit a tech sheet with a bunch of stuff and hold everyone hostage for 15-20 minutes post race as people cook in their monkey suits and hit more items that take time to police, or we can do the bare minimum and use the evil "trust" word... I've been more relaxed this year with tech plans to see how it worked. I personally have not had a single person approach me about the lack of tech, or they thought someone was trying to get away with something. For that, there is always a protest form.

So, if each one of you want to send me your thoughts, I can certainly ramp up the inspections post-race, do spot inspection in the pits, etc...

Remember, Glenn and I work for you.

Oh, and also, if you want more tech AND want to keep bouncing into each other, we are going to be in tech a LONG time... Most races I spend 15-30 minutes AFTER the majority of you leave dealing with contact forms, reviewing video, and consulting the RD and CCR's.
    I would hate to see more tech after the race, I want to get out of my suit. I have no problems with spot checks, they seem to work. I like, AND TRUST, everyone in this current group and I think it will stay that way. I know I'm still relatively new, but I just don't see cheating as a problem in this group.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    I would hate to see more tech after the race, I want to get out of my suit. I have no problems with spot checks, they seem to work. I like, AND TRUST, everyone in this current group and I think it will stay that way. I know I'm still relatively new, but I just don't see cheating as a problem in this group.
    Mark,
    With as close as our group "can" run and the cat/mouse that we play due to HP/weight rules make it VERY fair... I just seem to need some more HP, as I just can't match the legs on the Coyote motors... I to have no worries about our current group. Now MSR-H was the exception and not the rule and that is EXACTLY the situation in which spot checks work.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jerry, that goes a long way. Our directors are on the ball normally with tech plans. There are some directors who wanna pick and choose when information is important to them. Will has been great with helping work these issues out. NASA really does have a great team of people.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, just be glad this isn't the SCCA.

Autocrossing with them wasn't toooo bad but I've heard nightmares about the road racing program.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I've heard nightmares about the road racing program.
    My favorite has to be the carb butterfly screws...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty
    I can submit a tech sheet with a bunch of stuff and hold everyone hostage for 15-20 minutes post race as people cook in their monkey suits and hit more items that take time to police, or we can do the bare minimum and use the evil "trust" word...
    The two are not mutually exclusive. We "do" tech at the scales because that's where the scales are and one of the every race items is weight. Nothing stops a director from putting a little pink sticker on a car and note to check track, belts, LCA length, etc. later and release the car/driver to the paddock.

Personally I would like to see some more "black box" data, from random cars, with the data made public. Yes, I understand there could be performance information in that. But there's always SCCA...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random computer swapping.....
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    My favorite has to be the carb butterfly screws...

The two are not mutually exclusive. We "do" tech at the scales because that's where the scales are and one of the every race items is weight. Nothing stops a director from putting a little pink sticker on a car and note to check track, belts, LCA length, etc. later and release the car/driver to the paddock.

Personally I would like to see some more "black box" data, from random cars, with the data made public. Yes, I understand there could be performance information in that. But there's always SCCA...
    I've got a Traqmate and am always willing to share my data with anyone who wants it.

This will be a problem with 96+ Mustangs. With PATS enabled, the computer is tied to the car.
    Last edited by blk96gt; 07-17-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Can you run an A9P in CMC?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net