Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post
One thing I refuse to Cheap out on is safety equipment. The old saying goes "if you have $100.00 head put it in a $100.00 helmet". Its that one time you need it that will pay a dividend in the long run .Dale Junior is a perfect example, despite the best equipment he will still be affected for the rest of his life. To many others are depending on you, don't take that risk to save a few dollars. Just my $.02 cents. Personal experience, I was knocked off my bicycle by a soccer mom in an suv. I was wearing my helmet. I was out of work for 18mo. Every year I have to jump through a hoop with the FAA to receive my medical so I can continue to fly.

I agree with the above statement if purchasing the most expensive helmet is really safer. Can anyone tell me there is a safety difference in a $200.00 helmet and a $3500.00 helmet? If so why don't we all spend $3500.00 for a Arai? Is there anyone that test all or some of the racing helmets where we could see what the higher dollar helmets do different than the low buck units do? Unless the people that say "if you have $100.00 head put it in a $100.00 helmet" are all buying the most expensive helmet they can buy they are still making a decision on what to purchase based on price. I'm going to see if I can find anything on the web about this.

JJ