Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
It probably depends on the load the tire sees. Mike's car with full aero likely puts significantly more load on the tires than a CMC car. A few degree temperature increase due to higher load per heat cycle might make them drop off much more dramatically, just a hypothesis. So when comparing across platforms it could be both. Tyler is seeing potential better life on the Miata.

I'm assuming the tires are 'curing' with heat cycles, (i.e. getting harder, would last longer rubberwise but have less grip). Does the length of the heat cycle matter? If you over cook a set by trying to pass Jerry for 10 laps can you use them up in one race by getting the tire temp to 250*F? If you don't get them up to 220* (max recommended temp) is it a partial cycle? Clearly, I don't understand tire design.

- Josh
Every time I've probed my RRs they're in the 140s, even post Hallett final. Granted I probe them back in the pits when I get out of the car and not trackside, but still I never get them as hot as Toyo recommends unless my probe sucks?