Thread: NOLA Oct 19-20

Hybrid View

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Looks like I’m sitting NOLA out. Our dog Bandit (Blue Heeler begging for ribs at Hallett) is thought to have pretty advanced and terminal cancer and doesn’t have much time left. To that end I won’t be prepping my car this weekend so we’ll catch you guys at MSR-H in January.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Looks like I’m sitting NOLA out. Our dog Bandit (Blue Heeler begging for ribs at Hallett) is thought to have pretty advanced and terminal cancer and doesn’t have much time left. To that end I won’t be prepping my car this weekend so we’ll catch you guys at MSR-H in January.
    Really sorry to hear that bud.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Sorry to hear this. They are mans best friend for a reason.
    Mike
    No more race car

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I called and got details on the NOLA schedule for this weekend. Saturday will be the standard format with 2 races and Sunday will have qual and just 1 race being a 40 minute race that starts at 11:00. Will be nice to be able to get home at a more reasonable hour.

I see myself, Josh, John, and Heather signed up. Who else is planning on going? Al and Kevin, are y’all still in? Pranav? Who else?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I called and got details on the NOLA schedule for this weekend. Saturday will be the standard format with 2 races and Sunday will have qual and just 1 race being a 40 minute race that starts at 11:00. Will be nice to be able to get home at a more reasonable hour.

I see myself, Josh, John, and Heather signed up. Who else is planning on going? Al and Kevin, are y’all still in? Pranav? Who else?
    I am in and finishing putting my rear end and checking things over.

I don't want to register until the last minute given their refund policy.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So since I'm not going anyway I don't give a damn but does this mean we are going to three race weekends in the future? If I remember the last race weekend also was just three races. I'm not sure of that. I just spent $3500.00 on my engine that I would not have spent if this is going to be the norm. I understand it's just me that does not like the three race deal and I know NASA Texas wants us to run just three races. I need to know so I can figure out what I'm going to do about next year. The car may be for sale soon with a brand new engine. I've been on the fence about getting out for the last year or so. Maybe this is the push I need.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    This NOLA event is hosted by the NOLA region so we are racing by their rules / schedule. I have not heard anything about changing to 3-race weekends. Myself, along with many others, prefer the 4-race weekends!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    This NOLA event is hosted by the NOLA region so we are racing by their rules / schedule. I have not heard anything about changing to 3-race weekends. Myself, along with many others, prefer the 4-race weekends!!
    Not currently racing... but I certainly would want four races instead of three.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It just seams to me there have been a lot of three race weekends. COTA for sure then didn't something happen at the last event (the Roval) and you guys only got three races? Since I have not been to many races this year maybe I'm wrong.

JJ