Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
What did anyone prove other than wasting time and money.
The Cresson tire test was extremely successful in getting the conversation started. Suggesting an alternative Toyo has not gone over well before - people suddenly seem OK with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
If everyone wants a less grippy product then pick the R1R (200tw) or something in the toyo family. Nasa is not going to separate from Toyo anytime soon nor do I see them allowing a competitor brand slip into a spec tire class.
Can you imagine what kind of backlash there would have been if we had originally suggested R1Rs? I will say that I haven't heard anything, good or bad, about R1Rs. The Youtubes are all the rage about the R888R, but everything I've seen is from track day bros that scored them for free to review (subscriber count is king), never a real competition or TT.

Falken is showing serious support for the 615+ in the competition tire realm, and a lot of people are running them hard without issue. I think running AIX is a good plan to test a tire, I don't see that as a long term solution though. There is also the 200TW TT class that's taking off with the Falkens.

Does anyone know the real reason we couldn't get RRs? Prices went up this year and availability went down. If we're going to run fancy expensive race tires we should at least be able to buy them.

- Josh