Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSRC/CMC Media

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries

MSRC/CMC Media

I discussed with some of you this weekend, I've gotten administrator priviliges to the NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge FBook page so am going to start trying to create more content than has been coming out of there in recent history. Can you guys upload your R1 videos to Google Drive this week and share with me. PM me if you need my email address. I want to cut them together and see if I could create a cool 3-5min summary of the race for the interwebs that would be exciting and not 20+ mins long and flash between the different cars. (Attention spans are short, mkay?). Also, go like and follow the NASA Camaro Mustang Challege facebook page for obvious reasons -- I'll be creating an event summary shortly with photos (Thanks to those of you that already put them out on bookface) and results/commentary on what happened over the weekend.

I posted a grid walk on there Saturday and it got lots of views and shares -- all will help us grow the class.

Daniel
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    I had aspirations of creating a CMC YouTube Channel. This is in the same ballpark
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Saw some great racing so congrats to all who made it on track but none more than Kevin Jander for winning DE (twice in the same year!), National Champion, King of the Hillbillies, best beard, quickest tire changer, and the list goes on and on.

Congrats to CMC for once again having the second biggest class at a NASA event even though they think we are dying or want to get rid of us. I had a great time at the track seeing everyone and getting excited to get ready for Hallett.

Awesome seeing the performance of the Falken Tire Test as the tire is certainly fast enough and showed it could race even into double digit heat cycles. Looking forward to more feedback but the instant feedback I heard after R2 was outstanding. Definitely warrants more testing but looks extremely promising as this could cut tire budget between 60-75%. Thanks to those who took the chance on this so far.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Awesome seeing the performance of the Falken Tire Test as the tire is certainly fast enough and showed it could race even into double digit heat cycles. Looking forward to more feedback but the instant feedback I heard after R2 was outstanding. Definitely warrants more testing but looks extremely promising as this could cut tire budget between 60-75%. Thanks to those who took the chance on this so far".

I just wish the tire being tested was a Toyo tire. I'm not sure I see the way to make any other tire work as far as NASA and Toyo are concerned.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Awesome seeing the performance of the Falken Tire Test as the tire is certainly fast enough and showed it could race even into double digit heat cycles. Looking forward to more feedback but the instant feedback I heard after R2 was outstanding. Definitely warrants more testing but looks extremely promising as this could cut tire budget between 60-75%. Thanks to those who took the chance on this so far.
    10+ heat cycle toyo's were competitive with sticker toyos this weekend. This "tire test" didn't prove anything except that they're a slower tire.

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    10+ heat cycle toyo's were competitive with sticker toyos this weekend. This "tire test" didn't prove anything except that they're a slower tire.
    The story would be different if we could get Toyos for this weekend.

We were hitting lap times with heat cycled toyos. Stickers decisively won R1 and R3.

- Josh
    Last edited by Sook; 03-12-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    CMC #50

Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    The story would be different if we could get Toyos for this weekend.

We were hitting lap times with heat cycled toyos. Stickers decisively won R1 and R3.

- Josh
    Did they win because of sticker tires or driving? Lap times tell a different story.

Did they win because of sticker tires or driving? Lap times tell a different story.
    A time trial story.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have seen lap times change more than a second per lap from one day to the next during a race weekend. Even from morning to afternoon races on the same day.

JJ

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I discussed with some of you this weekend, I've gotten administrator priviliges to the NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge FBook page so am going to start trying to create more content than has been coming out of there in recent history. Can you guys upload your R1 videos to Google Drive this week and share with me. PM me if you need my email address. I want to cut them together and see if I could create a cool 3-5min summary of the race for the interwebs that would be exciting and not 20+ mins long and flash between the different cars. (Attention spans are short, mkay?). Also, go like and follow the NASA Camaro Mustang Challege facebook page for obvious reasons -- I'll be creating an event summary shortly with photos (Thanks to those of you that already put them out on bookface) and results/commentary on what happened over the weekend.

I posted a grid walk on there Saturday and it got lots of views and shares -- all will help us grow the class.

Daniel
    As I am not racing yet. If there is anyway I can help with pics or vids let me know how I can help.