Thread: Stoptech ST-40 kit failures?

Hybrid View

Glad to hear how stable these things have been. I haven't done a thing, not seals, nothing.

There's a shop in NC that stocks/sells alot of kits and when I called him months ago asking about rebuild kits he said he'd never sold a rebuild kit/seals before. It was mid-season so I just forgot about it.......now I'm thinking I need to do something with these calipers.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Glad to hear how stable these things have been. I haven't done a thing, not seals, nothing.

There's a shop in NC that stocks/sells alot of kits and when I called him months ago asking about rebuild kits he said he'd never sold a rebuild kit/seals before. It was mid-season so I just forgot about it.......now I'm thinking I need to do something with these calipers.
    Dave Zeckhausen has all the Stoptech replacment parts you need and is one top notch seller. We typically do seal kits every 3 or 4 seasons which for Misty, myself and Martin Cain typically included 4 to 6 race weekends and 10 to 15 DE weekends per year. Main issue is to make sure pistons still move freely and don't bind up in the seal from dirt. Calipers if not damaged by accidents are bomb proof. rotor hats can wear due to faulty hardware but not common. Have used many sets over the years. would buy again.
    Ah, fugg it.