Please indulge me asking a few more questions because I want to understand the reasoning behind the illegal declaration and how we should move forward from here.

* What is the basis for the Accel coil being illegal when Accel states it is a "direct plug replacements for OEM coils"?
* What advantage "might" this coil give?
* Everywhere I checked the Accel coil is cheaper than the OEM Motorcraft DG470 unit with a Ford part number, although not quite as cheap as the various store brands like Valucraft, Duralast, MileagePlus, and MasterPro.
* Of the specs listed about the coil, the resistance falls well within the ranges specified in the service manuals.
* Other than looking for bright yellow Accel or bright red MSD, or looking for coils that obviously don't conform to the OEM form factor, how in the world are the tech folks going to go about testing/checking for illegal coils?
* How are we going to prove we HAVE an OEM replacement coil?
* Are we going to need to specify a "spec" coil within the rules that indicates a sticker with Ford part number F7PJ-12029-AA needs to be present with all other coils besides that one being considered illegal?