Thread: Roebling Road

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    An LS swap sounds great, but I'm slow when it comes to stuff like that. It'll take me months to do an LS swap (if I do it all on my own without help).
    Pfft. Based on what you posted here, you just need a parts list. I'll make sure Sean checks here and gets with you. In fact, we might have an LS/T56 or T5 combo we could come up with. Computer and harness is the fairly easy part.

Welcome to the fun that is CMC.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Pfft. Based on what you posted here, you just need a parts list. I'll make sure Sean checks here and gets with you. In fact, we might have an LS/T56 or T5 combo we could come up with. Computer and harness is the fairly easy part.

Welcome to the fun that is CMC.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Ive been wanting to try the spec engine routes. I have a vortec 350 in need of a rebuild. Might have it built per the rule book. I don’t know. Who knows....it’s possible that this JBWeld will hold up a long time. Might even last through Hallett.

On another note, I found some 255/50/16 RA1s x 4 on eBay for $480 shipped. It wouldn’t make it to me in time for this weekend at Memphis, so bought some 888s from tirerack $650. Gonna discard ALL 16 tires I got with the sale of the car (disappointing). But feels better to know I’m on new shoes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I'm an overwhelming fan of EFI and 5.3s are cheap. Your T5 should bolt right up too, just a matter of clutch trickery to make that work.
    RM CMC Director