Thread: 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28 - American Iron Car potentially for sale

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    Bryan - I've put it under a cover before, and am not opposed to doing that. It comes down to expenditures for the time being. I've spent way too much this year on only doing three events, and the tire budget just puts me over the edge. SpecE46 does not resolve my tire debacle (they are on the RR also). We'll see if I find the right buyer for the right price. An official listing for the sale will be created after TWS.

I could easily sink another $20k into the car to gain a second. I just can't justify it right now. At some point you have to realize when enough is enough.

I love being at the track, hanging out drinking, BS'ing, and helping others when I can with my limited skills. That probably won't change. I'm just worn out on the spending and wrenching.

Mitch - that's a helluva cool collection. That pig gun is sick! Hmmm..blowing up Fox-bodies - interesting =)
    Need to blow up S197's! Sorry Mark!

Mike, you are probably a cam swap and a set of heads away from 3 seconds or more. The coyote swap and 120rwhp netted me nearly 5 seconds. Wasn't anywhere near that price you mentioned! Granted, you won't be in AI any more but who cares? Goof off with us knuckle draggers in Blitz and blow the cake eaters off into the weeds. Just trade RD duties with whoever if running thunder. With a few more cars in ST1, we are getting a set of hoo hoos or BFG's each weekend for a win and 2 tires for second and 1 tire for 3rd with 7 cars!
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Need to blow up S197's! Sorry Mark!
    That's OK, everyone knows it's the car and not me.

Besides, If they ever do get rid of the S197 (lucky for me they won't) I'll still sit around and drink everyone else's beer.