Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 CMC rules are posted

2013 CMC rules are posted

in the usual locations...
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    7.17.3 Engine, transmission, and rear axle may have vents or breathers substituted or added including
    venting to a remote tank.

If I actually felt inclined/compelled to do it, does that mean I could slap my spare passenger side valve cover on the driver's side of my LT1 to gain the additional vent?

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Now you guys are allowed to vent, OMG.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    One thing that didn't change but still makes me shake my head:

"Disqualifications and suspensions due to driving penalties will result in zero points which may be dropped from the annual points total. Disqualifications and suspensions due to technical non-compliance will result in zero points which may not be dropped from the annual points total."

Other rules changes make this more relevant to the Orange car since it can now get down below minimum weight where it couldn't before. Being one pound under weight on the scales is a non-droppable zero while punting, missing safety flags, etc. are droppable? I'm completely for 100% rules compliance but we still seem to be missing the boat on the punishment fitting the crime in many cases...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The "recent changes" link doesn't work so 4th gens got 50lbs added.....awesome!
    Last edited by Rsmith350; 11-27-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Blog Entries
    Correction! They lost 50 and we gained 50! Nice!, and we lost 3/4 inch of track width!
    Last edited by Rsmith350; 11-27-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    6.2 Horsepower/Torque and Minimum Weight Decal
    All cars must display horsepower, torque, and minimum weight on a power/weight decal on the windshield.

Heads up! I will be looking for these starting at MSRH! We got extra stickers @NOLA

Blog Entries
    7.1 Allowed Modifications
    Other than those items specifically allowed by the rules, no other part or component may be modified, removed, or disabled. If there are any "questionable" or "gray" area modifications, the competitor shall contact the CMC Board of Directors for clarification before competition.

Just wanna point out that this part hasn't changed

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    The "recent changes" link doesn't work so 4th gens got 50lbs added.....awesome!
    Um, third gens too. +100lbs since 2009. I'm curious how much longer the "oh, you don't need 4pots, stock brakes will hold up just fine" agrument will hold up at this rate.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Blog Entries
    Amen, didn't catch that.