PDA

View Full Version : California CMC driver has Comp License revoked till 2010.

GlennCMC70
05-13-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/cmcbb/viewtopic.php?t=2385

AllZWay
05-14-2007, 08:13 AM
:shock: WOW.... He must have been hiding something.

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 08:16 AM
there is alot more to the story. ask me sometime.

AllZWay
05-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Didn't he race nationals last year?

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
he won Nationals last year. :roll:

donovan
05-14-2007, 08:27 AM
very interesting story evolving here...

:? why do people do this crap?

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 08:28 AM
there is a long back story about this guy that goes way back. he's had a colored past to say the least.

Rob Liebbe
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
there is alot more to the story. ask me sometime.

OK - I'll ask. What's the rest of the story? Highlights will suffice.

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 08:38 AM
come to Houston, and i'll share. i'm not going to post it here. alot of this i got from Nationals from his fellow racers. i'm my opinion, he should be banned FOR EV ER. justmy $.02.

AllZWay
05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
he won Nationals last year. :roll:

I really thought that name sounded familiar...... Sure makes you think about that win.

RichardP
05-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I really thought that name sounded familiar...... Sure makes you think about that win.

Yea, but not just that win. Everything he has done before or will ever do again will always be in question...

Richard P.

Boudy
05-14-2007, 10:43 AM
come to Houston, and i'll share. i'm not going to post it here. alot of this i got from Nationals from his fellow racers. i'm my opinion, he should be banned FOR EV ER. justmy $.02.

I heard many of the same opinions from guys at the Nationals as well. This ban has spent a long time brewing with a list of DQ's and previous suspensions to support it.

Not to mention the lack of scrutiny that his car received at Nationals because it never finish a practice set prior to the main event without a failure and having to be towed in. It was mysteriously broken the whole time it wasn't on track and I personally think it didn't recieve it's fair share of tech because of it. He smoked the whole field and then just parked it 5 to 6 car lenths in front of Jeff and Glenn for the rest of the race. It should have been reviewed then and even now. IMHO...

Boudy

SmackDaddy
05-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Hope they find out what was up with his car. At least we would have a baseline and what's needed to beat a GM. (no sarcasm intended)

BTW.. I know the whole history with this guy and it's not pretty. What I don't know is other parts (see above statement)

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Jeff remembers seeing him on the dyno. i cant swear to it. that was a long week of chasing pot-o-jons. :shock: those braincells were sacrifised as filler material.

jeffburch
05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh my gawd you were a ball-o-nerves!
Me too.
Can't wait for the show down.

jb

oz98cobra
05-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Hope they find out what was up with his car. At least we would have a baseline and what's needed to beat a GM. (no sarcasm intended)

I drove old #17 on Saturday at MSRC (thanks Jerry!)

Eric, you had 90% of what was needed to beat a GM ... but you sold it! (no sarcasm intended)

Todd Covini
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Eric, you had 90% of what was needed to beat a GM ... but you sold it! (no sarcasm intended)

<<Ouch...that's gotta sting!>>

Guys...regarding JGIII, let's not make the leap from this action/ban to everything the guy's done leading up to this point. This action was due to his not following the rules and disregarding the directors orders despite numerous chances/opportunities/leeway. He was not found to be "breaking the rule" or "blatantly cheating".

He did dyno at Mid-Ohio on the Friday before the big race.
I too wish that there was a little more scrutiny last year, but James was looked at with the same microscope everyone else was in CMC at Nationals.

Things will be a bit different this year at Nationals seeing who the CMC Race Director will be. :wink:

-=- Todd

SmackDaddy
05-14-2007, 02:37 PM

Wow. You give yourself way too much credit. The car was/is capable of going 99% with the GM boyz. I'm sure the problem is the driver giving the assessment.

Too bad you set the wrong tire pressue for one and driving prowess is definitely in question to get the car up to 99%.

I guess bench racing is easier than proving it.

How many wins and championships do you have in Texas CMC?

Thought so. <sarcasm very intended>

Please continue the current thread discussion.

Todd Covini
05-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Eeerrrric,
Let's not sound too jaded, now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You were the man and no-one's taking those championship placques away from you.
You called out the first shot inferring that one had to cheat to beat a GM.
Daron simply came back and said no you don't.
Even Smackdaddy knows those were fun jabs...let's not turn this thread into an ugly tyrade...which is why I posted above regarding the individual in California.

We won't tolerate any ugliness toward anyone and really need to treat everyone with the utmost respect...whether they were banned or champions.

-=- Todd

SmackDaddy
05-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Eeerrrric,
Let's not sound too jaded, now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You were the man and no-one's taking those championship placques away from you.
You called out the first shot inferring that one had to cheat to beat a GM.
Daron simply came back and said no you don't.
Even Smackdaddy knows those were fun jabs...let's not turn this thread into an ugly tyrade...which is why I posted above regarding the individual in California.

We won't tolerate any ugliness toward anyone and really need to treat everyone with the utmost respect...whether they were banned or champions.

-=- Todd

Oh, I wouldn't make statements like that if I didn't have proof to back it up from e-mails. ;) He got the setup wrong and made #17 into a #5 Mustang :(

Oh, tell me where I said the Mustang was cheating. I wanted to know the setup that beat a GM. That's all. Taken out of context?

I will go back to to my corner..

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh, I wouldn't make statements like that if I didn't have proof to back it up from e-mails. ;) He got the setup wrong and made #17 into a #5 Mustang :(
sounds like a challenge to me! :D

Oh, tell me where I said the Mustang was cheating. I wanted to know the setup that beat a GM. That's all. Taken out of context?

that set-up was a 2004/5 CMC Mustang #17.
whats it take to beat a 2004/5 CMC Mustang?
a 2006/7 GM.

Todd Covini
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Gleeeeeennnnn,
You go to your corner, too!
...and no dinner for either of you if you keep this up!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

-=- T

SmackDaddy
05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
sounds like a challenge to me! :D

whats it take to beat a CMC Mustang?
a legal GM.

You'za gotz it all wrong. 8)

I fixed your statement.

Besides... #17 was the fastest Mustang from '04 to present. :D

Ok, enough from me. I'm outta here.

oz98cobra
05-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I didn't mean to derail this thread - sorry guys.

Wow Eric, seriously dude - take a chill pill! :shock:

Was I attacking you? Or your car? NO! As Todd said, I was responding to your comment about parity with the GM cars. IMO - as an average driver with average skills who has driven several CMC cars of both platforms, and raced CMC for a season, there is no big parity issue - what I meant by my comment was that your car was darn good, and all you needed to do to whoop the GM guys was a little bit more development on the car. Hell, if you feel it was 99% there, then if you had done all the things that clearly could use some improvement, then the GM boys would be screaming for parity relief!

I did not touch the setup of 17 on the weekend, and I was fully aware that the tire pressures were not where you (or I) would race on them. I did not record lap times, nor did I drive the car anywhere near it's limits. I liked the way the car drove and handled, and although I may have discussed my ideas as to what is required to make a CMC car competitive these days, my advice to Jerry after driving 17 was not to touch a thing on the suspension setup - just go drive it and race it!

Bottom line is, if you keep pushing that parity barrow Eric, myself, and others, are likely to push back - but there is no need to resort to personal attacks my friend!

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 04:08 PM
hows that go James.......I love it when chicks fight!

ok, ok, Dad (Todd), i'll eat my popcorn and watch this one to see how it works out.

michaelmosty
05-14-2007, 04:14 PM
a 2006/7 GM.

What does it take to beat a 2006/7 GM???

CMC #11 :lol:

See ya'll in Houston! 8)

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
a 2006/7 GM.

What does it take to beat a 2006/7 GM???

CMC #11 :lol:

See ya'll in Houston! 8)

a win couldnt go to a better guy. bring it on.

Boudy
05-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Sorry guys! Here's the only view you'll have in Houston:

Boudy

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/boudy/View.jpg

j3ffbrooks
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
must be the zoom lense.

Is this what we'll see when coming up to lap you?

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 05:27 PM
is that the view Mitch had before you backed into him?

:wink:

Argent Lab Rules!

mitchntx
05-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I asked Boudy for an Argent Lab graphic and he tried to give me the one located just below his trunk key fob.

:roll:

TEXAST1
05-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Glenn & Jeff, Didn't I call him out as cheater at the championships last fall! :!:

I have been around the track a few times, more than some not as many as others. I could tell you that win would have been nearly impossible to achieve without cheating. :roll: Spec Rule Class.

chris-CMC#35
05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Been trying to get to the CMC Bulletin Board for about an hour now, but no luck. Mebbe too many folks trying to read about JGIII?

-chris

Lewis Tanner
05-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Glenn & Jeff, Didn't I call him out as cheater at the championships last fall! :!:

I have been around the track a few times, more than some not as many as others. I could tell you that win would have been nearly impossible to achieve without cheating. :roll: Spec Rule Class.

Well, I did give him some help with the start... ;)

jeffburch
05-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Maybe the site is down due to a retaliatory hack. J/K

I started P5 and made it to P2 by T8L1 because of the start.
Relegated to P3 by III passing me.
P2 when BF slipped wide.
I was lucky to finish that high. Period.

jb

mitchntx
05-14-2007, 06:11 PM

http://agooart.com/store/horse.jpg

http://www.colossiansthreesixteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/flogger350x450.jpg

http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

http://tinypic.com/iof0g5.jpg

http://nefariouslabs.r30.net/Dead%20Horse.jpg

We understand ...

As long as it is a driver's series, you will win every race.
When you lose, it's because the platform is inferior.

You have been abundantly clear that you think you are the only driver with real talent in Texas AI/CMC. Check ... got it ...

You have documented proof, although never actually presented, that General Motors builds a better Pony car than Ford.

<yawn>
Get some fresh material, Mr. Dangerfield.

GlennCMC70
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
all i want for my birthday is some talent, oh and media attention would be nice. :wink:

marshall_mosty
05-14-2007, 08:24 PM
All I hear in the AI corner is crickets chirping... (that could also be because there's only like 8-10 of us total).

I'll grab my popcorn and wait for another "Days of our Lives" or "One Life To Live" post.

Todd Covini
05-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Let's try to stay on topic for the remainder of this thread, oKay! :roll:

Someone at Nationals wanted to bet me $50 that JGIII couldn't get a podium in the big race...I still kick myself for not taking that bet. :evil: