PDA

View Full Version : Mid Ohio Land Grab!

GlennCMC70
05-15-2007, 04:16 PM
we need to have a quick conference call about Nationals 2007 and getting a paved parking space. we are looking @ $450-900 divided by the number of racers. thats $900 divided by about 6 racers (guessing) puts us around $150 each to be able to park and work on our cars on the asphalt. parking in the grass field is all you get if you dont pony up for the paved parking. and trust me, it sucks and sucks more if it raines. total mud bog.
this is money well spent for about 4-5 days minimum w/ a good place to park.
anyways, we need a place to get this done asap before all the spaces are taken. can anyone help?

donovan
05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I will pitch in for the space. If I end up bailing, keep it!

I still want to talk to you sometime about Nationals.

DD

jeffburch
05-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered drivers that I know of

Glenn Landrum
David Donovan
Adam Ginsberg
Corey Rueth
Rob Liebbe
Cody Powell
Jeff Burch
Chris McComb ??????
Robert Boudreaux??????
Irwin???????
Capps??????
Dudes??????

Maybe 3 or 4 spots??

NASA13
05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
I have 150 for that and Lisa can set up conference calls if nec.

Todd Covini
05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I can pitch in.
I likely won't be driving in the big race, but will be the CMC/FFR Race Director and will want to use the "Texas Corral" for our driver meetings like last year. Let's step up the Texas presence this year!!!

Tell me when/where to call.

-=- T

PS- Liebbe just left my house and is considering bringing the Texas CMC poster car! Work on that boy a little more!!!

jeffburch
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
No room for cars that aren't entered in the race. 8)

We need someone to step up and pay for the spots.
Then everyone get their check in the mail to him asap to cover.

Volunteers?

jb

GlennCMC70
05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
we need to pull the trigger on this quick if we want 2 of the large spots.
2 20x87 ft spaces back to back will give us 40x174 ft (3480 sq ft). its $900 for them both. two large spots will give us alot more that what 4 of the 10x40's will give us. the large spaces are in the middle paddock.
so, who can pony up and front the money?

will 2 large spots be enough (store un-needed trailers in the grass). we will keep the nicer ones in the space (ones w/ A/C and awnings) to use as a lock box for tools and stuff.

i have $150 cash in hand. who can do this?

GlennCMC70
05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
i also just read that power can be added to the spaces. this would aid in powering a refrigerator, freezer if needed, tunes, tools, A/C in Mitch's trailer or heaters if needed. also drop lights and the such. much better that trying to keep generators running and having to listen to them.

Cody Powell
05-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey Glenn, Jeff,

I know I am a RM region CMC but after hanging out with the Texas dudes I can't imagine going to nationals and not pitting with you guys! I will send my check wherever today, let me know. I will talk to RayBob and Tommy and let them know as well. I could also possibly send a big check to nationals as Jeff suggested.

Cody
303-419-6132

jeffburch
05-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking some leadership needs to contact Cohn.
Tell them our predicament.
Get input, report back.
I promise my check in the next days mail.
Sorry, Paypal acct closed.
Need a high roller :lol:
Might need 3 spots (4?)
Yo CP. You not speaking to me LOL.

jb

mitchntx
05-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey Glenn,

I know I am a RM region CMC but after hanging out with the Texas dudes I can't imagine going to nationals and not pitting with you guys!

You didn't get a chance to meet Glenn, Todd, Adam and now Rob.

You guys aren't bringing your women, are you?

Todd Covini
05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
I've been talking to Cohn, but not sure if parking is in his purview.
If we're just looking to front the money and all the funds are going to be returned, then I would seek the input from our esteemed AICMC Texas Treasurer. We (Texas AI/CMC) have over $750 in the kidde to be used for general interest items of the series. I would think that fronting these funds would be acceptable and those who reserve pay the funds back.

With likely over 10000 viewers of our 2006/07 season recap videos, I would think that more than a handful of the spectators are going to come to Mid-Ohio to see a few of the Texas cars in person, en masse!

Lastly, I'm surprised tha NASA hasn't sectioned the paddock off by class like they do on the West Coast. I'll try to talk to a few folks to see if that is in the works this year. (Yo Adrian...any insight???)

-=- T

jeffburch
05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, hehe, this is a business!

Please remember, last year, paved real estate was $1 per square foot.
I still haven't figgered out yet how all the Oh/In boys could afford to be on it.
Home field advantage I guess. 8)

jb

Rob Liebbe
05-15-2007, 09:24 PM
PS- Liebbe just left my house and is considering bringing the Texas CMC poster car! Work on that boy a little more!!!

I simply asked what month the nationals was in and now I'm the registered poster boy?!?!?

You should have seen the look my wife gave me when I asked about the timing. Heck, I can't even see, to make races at TWS less than 1 hour from my home.

I really want to go though.

Todd Covini
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Let's talk more about this Rob.

I'm going for sure...but my situation is very fluid...and sharing travel expenses may be the best way to get us both there.

I want to see that Texas Mustang whoop it up on the West Coast Wankers and the Grandoise GMs!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(Anyway we could rent one of those car dealer hoists and lift the car 30 feet up above our paddock spot??? We could always bring it down when it's time to go out on track!!! hehehehe

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Can we get one of these for our paddock too?

http://www.onebigsign.com/images/SCRECROWBEST.JPG

Let's start pulling this thing together!!! :lol:

jeffburch
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Lead the way Brutha!

jb

mitchntx
05-15-2007, 09:51 PM

I simply asked what month the nationals was in and now I'm the registered poster boy?!?!?

You should have seen the look my wife gave me when I asked about the timing. Heck, I can't even see, to make races at TWS less than 1 hour from my home.

I really want to go though.

Rob, he didn't really ask if YOU were going ... just your car.

I saw him looking at the Joey Hand Launch last year and was hoping to get some "air" time and wanting a ride that has flight time already logged.

GlennCMC70
05-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Cody, you and the RM guys are welcome. guess we need to bump this to 3 spots.
i have $100 clams here @ the house for the dues i need to send Chris L. add that to the tally.
i've said this before, but this could get out of hand really quick!

the big thing here guys is we need to act now. w/ us needing 3 of the 25 or so spaces, its going to be a little tight w/ regards to timing.

Todd Covini
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I'll talk to Chris Lyons and Bryan Cohn tomorrow afternoon.

-=- T

donovan
05-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I registered yesterday for the big show!!!

8)
DD

raybob9289
05-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Cody,
If the Texans will have me, I am in for the
AI/CMC group spot with the them.
I don't know if Tommy's Battlestar Galactica will fit????

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 08:26 AM
w/ RayBobs ego, we will need 4 spots! :wink:
glad to have you guys join in w/ us.

Adam Ginsberg
05-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Finances are tight, especially since I still need to make 1 more race to be completely eligible, but if the buy-in to share this spot is $150-$200, I'm game. Any more, and it's out of my reach.

If we can use the Series Fund to secure it, then provide the $$$ as we get closer, it makes it considerably more palatable.

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Glenn Landrum
David Donovan
Adam Ginsberg
Corey Rueth
Rob Liebbe
Cody Powell
Jeff Burch
Cory Rueth
Todd Covini / Rob Liebbe
Raybob Coleman
Tommy ??????

thats 11 guys. 2 spaces @ $900 total is $81 each. 3 spaces @ $1350 is $122 each. i vote for 3 spaces. if we have 15 guys, and we get 4 spaces for $120 each. at this rate, i feel as though this is where we will end up.
plan ahead? :?: hell w/ the 11 we have now and 4 large spaces its only $163 each. thats my vote. then we sell off any extra space to the last minute guys. if it gets too crowded, we vote Adam off the TX AI/CMC Island. :P

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 10:13 AM
see attached.

Adam Ginsberg
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
if it gets too crowded, we vote Adam off the TX AI/CMC sland. :P

Bah...screw that. Guy with biggest head gets sent packing to the dirt. No one has a bigger flat-topped head than you, Glenn. ;)

donovan
05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
I can front up to $200, just tell me where to send the Paypal, check or whatever.

DD

jeffburch
05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I vote No on Todd bringing his blow up doll (girlfriend) to the track.

I nominate Glenn to straighten out the scoring mess once we get there with his excel wizardry. Can't they export mylaps results into this type of format for easy cipherin'?

jb

raybob9289
05-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Is there enough room down on the asphalt for all these rigs????
and my gigantic ego? and Tommy's Battlestar???
oh and the Powell spread?
Jesus H. Christ almighty, I don't remember there being that much asphalt at Mid-Ohio.

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Is there enough room down on the asphalt for all these rigs????
and my gigantic ego? and Tommy's Battlestar???
oh and the Powell spread?
Jesus H. Christ almighty, I don't remember there being that much asphalt at Mid-Ohio.

well you staying home would go along way in helping solve that problem.

jeff, creat a colum w/ average finish and another w/ fastest race lap. sort the whole field by average finish then by fastest lap time. theres your grid.

jeffburch
05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Easy for you to say there Jethro.
Just rolls off the tongue doesn't it?
I can't drive an Excel or anything else that sounds like a small korean car.

jb

chris-CMC#35
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Glenn Landrum
David Donovan
Adam Ginsberg
Corey Rueth
Rob Liebbe
Cody Powell
Jeff Burch
Cory Rueth
Todd Covini / Rob Liebbe
Raybob Coleman
Tommy ??????

thats 11 guys. 2 spaces @ $900 total is $81 each. 3 spaces @ $1350 is $122 each. i vote for 3 spaces. if we have 15 guys, and we get 4 spaces for $120 each. at this rate, i feel as though this is where we will end up.
plan ahead? :?: hell w/ the 11 we have now and 4 large spaces its only $163 each. thats my vote. then we sell off any extra space to the last minute guys. if it gets too crowded, we vote Adam off the TX AI/CMC Island. :P

1) get 4 spaces, we can never have too much room.
2) count me in.
3) the way I figure it, each of us needs space for his car and an EZ-Up. am I thinking about this correctly?

-chris

donovan
05-16-2007, 12:48 PM
What ever we get, I can draw the whole thing up in CAD, as long as I have the details on each of the racecars, support vehicles and trailer that will be there.

We can plan out the space very well ahead of time and have a map for parking it all before we get there.

DD

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 12:59 PM
What ever we get, I can draw the whole thing up in CAD, as long as I have the details on each of the racecars, support vehicles and trailer that will be there.

We can plan out the space very well ahead of time and have a map for parking it all before we get there.

DD

i was thinking the same thing David. very nice idea.

mitchntx
05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
RayBob, Jeff, Glenn, Cody, Tommy, Chris, Boudy ... Nats is gonna be a hoot!

Glad I can sit back and stir the pot ...

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Glenn Landrum
David Donovan
Adam Ginsberg
Corey Rueth
Rob Liebbe
Cody Powell
Jeff Burch
Cory Rueth
Todd Covini
Chris McComb (right?)
Raybob Coleman
Tommy ??????
Total = 12

chris-CMC#35
05-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Glenn Landrum
Chris McComb (right?)
Raybob Coleman
Tommy ?????? (Schlender)
Total = 12

yes, I'm in.

-chris

Boudy
05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Ummm... Let's not forget Boudy and all the room he needs for his shit. Hell, I may need a full space in the middle of them all just to host festivities.

rb

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Robert B/Argent Lab
Glenn Landrum
David Donovan
Adam Ginsberg
Rob Liebbe
Cody Powell
Jeff Burch
Cory Rueth
Todd Covini
Chris McComb (right?)
Raybob Coleman
Tommy ??????
Total = 12

donovan
05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
You have Corey Rueth in there twice...

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 03:37 PM
no i dont.

donovan
05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Opps, my mistake.... :P

donovan
05-16-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15184

Racebrat
05-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Just checking the boards...has the parking situation been resolved or do you still need my help (whatever it may be!)?

Someone let me know

A

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 04:46 PM
someone pony up for 4 spots and we will be good.

Tommy55
05-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Deal me in. Battlestar Galactica AI 55, CMC 911, Couple kids, wife, dog, pit vehicles, and lots of cool refreshing beverages. Probably need another spot huh 8)

jeffburch
05-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll be ordering my private own little oasis on paved parking lot (10 X 40).
jb

Cody Powell
05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Jeff,

I went to reserve a spot and it would only let me do 1 at a time does anyone know how to do more so we can reserve a block?

jeffburch
05-16-2007, 08:16 PM
CP,
I just bought a spot.
One.
Small.
Never given any choices for anything.
Over.

jb

chris-CMC#35
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Cody,

I think you go select one, get into the "Cart", then go back and do another, etc. The pdf said something about it...

-chris

Cody Powell
05-16-2007, 08:34 PM
JB,
Roger that, I might be right behind you.
Did you get to pick your spot location?

Chris,
I tried that and it wouldn't let me.
I am sure I'm missing something. Stupid Cody.

chris-CMC#35
05-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Never mind - it didn't work. It should have, but it didn't...

Anyway, just to be safe, I reserved one (1) 10 x 44 space.

-chris

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
post up what spot # your in so we can try a stay together.

jeffburch
05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I wasn't given that info.

jb

Todd Covini
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Just checking the boards...has the parking situation been resolved or do you still need my help (whatever it may be!)?

Someone let me know

A

We're good, Adrian.
Thanks for checking in on us.

I've been in touch with JWL & Bryan.
Got a deal workin' out.
FYI...The Calif. AI/CMC boys are trying to do the same thing and were hoping all of AI/CMC could have their own paddock. Our advice was to start small...take baby steps...get a regional AI/CMC paddock bought & paid for and then maybe, just maybe...the National office might be able to get us all together...region by region.

But...bottom line is that we've got to put of the cash and reserve the land.
For now, it's just about AI/CMC Texas only, So...here's the plan:

1) DD...work up that quick/dirty CAD diagram of a suggested Texas AI/CMC paddock (Colorado too...their our spin-off region since Chris & RayBob saw the light.) :shock: :lol:

2) In the next 24 hours, we really need to firm up either payment plan A or B:

Plan A- With our Texas treasurer's approval, we borrow from the series fund to reserve our paddock spot. Then...all drivers would pay the series fund back over the course of the next month with a deadline of MSRH in late June.

Plan B- The National office is willing to work an online deal where we all could register for the spot pro-rated online with a notation that they are together and part of the larger Texas paddock area.

Personally, I like Plan A as I think a single point of contact is easier to manage and there could be some additional perks by doing it as a block.

Let's try to pull the trigger on this tomorrow. I expect a few more discussions on the subject which will make things easier.

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Middle paddock...spots A8-11 are premium land.

-=- T

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Q. How do I pick which space I want?
A. The selection will be part of the on line ordering process. Maps will be published that will allow you to click on the spaces you want. Don’t forget that the spaces are first come, first served so reserve early!

at this point why dont we all just get on there and get a 10x40 spot and have them place all AI/CMC racers spots together.
i'm thinking 10x40 is not going to be enough for me.

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 10:15 PM
o.k. - i read the info and you pick a spot, write it down and the NASA folks will contact you to get the info on the space you want. this is willnot work. i see Joe Blow taking the spot i picked and he was called 10 minutes before me. now i got to go back and pick a new spot, i get called back and well, in the mean time someone else confirmed that spot.

hhhmmmmm. :?

Todd Covini
05-16-2007, 10:19 PM
We could do that too.
Why don't we all agree to reserve online by Sunday.
I'll talk to the National folks and pre-reserve 10-12 spots with the intent that they will all be paid for by Sunday nite.

Next decision...
Which spots???

(I still like middle paddock A8-11, but those are the bigger slots.)
We can get somewhat creative within our assigned area, and that will be where DD's CAD skills come into play...some blow up dolls and Texas flags and we own the place. :D

-=- T

GlennCMC70
05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
upper paddock or lower paddock?

i say middle paddock row B spots 36-42 and row C spots 36-42.

i guess we need to keep in mind how close the showers andstuff are to were we stay.

mitchntx
05-16-2007, 10:39 PM
How about recreating the Oklahoma land rush back in '89.

donovan
05-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I can lay this out no problem, doing this ahead of time we can make sure we optimize the space.

What I need is a count as to what Trailer and support vehicles will be in the space.

Glenn = 24' Enclosed Trailer
David D. = Racecar only (unless I can get an enclosed before them)
Boudy = 20' Enclosed
Tommy = Battlestar Galactica 80' ??? plus Two racecars
Etc...

jeffburch
05-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Where is the map?
I wasn't given any choice when I purchased a spot.
jb

ps
I think everyone should just go buy the space you think you need and let them group them all together or whatever.

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 07:26 AM
middle paddock

jeffburch
05-17-2007, 07:32 AM
thx,
where'd you get that?
Where are the others?
jb

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 07:41 AM
there is a upper paddock map too. it will not let me attach it for some reason.

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 07:43 AM
http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=579&edit=1

go there and read line #2. the word "middle" and "upper" are links to the maps.

Adam Ginsberg
05-17-2007, 08:50 AM
...some blow up dolls and ..... we own the place. :D

http://www.shrackracing.com/otc-2004/images/file281.jpg

10'x40' spot already paid for via the nasaproracing.com website.

chris-CMC#35
05-17-2007, 09:32 AM
(I just posted this on the NASA-RM forum, and thought it would be worth sharing with our Texas brothers.)

Here's what I'd like to see happen:
1) The National folks "block out" some areas on the parking map for different groups/regions.
2) Then they set a deadline for people to register/pay for parking, if they want to be in those areas.
3) Once the deadline has passed, and people have paid, then Nationals sends an email to the people within the groups, so these people know who they are, and where their spaces are.
4) This group of people works out the space sharing among themselves.

Since we have two groups with "crossover people" - Texas AI/CMC and RM overall - we can ask that these two areas be adjacent to each other.

What do you think?

-chris

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 09:42 AM
(I just posted this on the NASA-RM forum, and thought it would be worth sharing with our Texas brothers.)

Here's what I'd like to see happen:
1) The National folks "block out" some areas on the parking map for different groups/regions.
2) Then they set a deadline for people to register/pay for parking, if they want to be in those areas.
3) Once the deadline has passed, and people have paid, then Nationals sends an email to the people within the groups, so these people know who they are, and where their spaces are.
4) This group of people works out the space sharing among themselves.

Since we have two groups with "crossover people" - Texas AI/CMC and RM overall - we can ask that these two areas be adjacent to each other.

What do you think?

-chris

Todd was already working on this. i know he should have posted it, but thats Todd. i found out yesterday.
@ this point i'm thinking each person gets there own spot (even though its now going to cost each person more this way). i'll have a 28' trailer, so a 10x40 will not be enough for me.
Todd will get the NASA folks to place us all together. how this will happen, who knows.

Racebrat
05-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Deal me in. Battlestar Galactica AI 55, CMC 911, Couple kids, wife, dog, pit vehicles, and lots of cool refreshing beverages. Probably need another spot huh 8)

I'm so sorry, Tommy, but dogs are not allowed at Mid Ohio. Track management is pretty strict about it too. Sorry for the bad news.

Let me know if I can do anything to help with this parking thing. I'm on the phone with Bryan right now and I've mentioned to him that Todd will be contacting him about this. He's up for the call anytime , Todd!

Need anything else, y'all let me know!

A

jeffburch
05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I just got the email (from Cohn) asking where I wanted to park.
I deferred to Todd.
Said to put all us goobers together somewheres.
jb

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
nice. i'll be ordering mine today also.

donovan
05-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I guess I need to pay for one today as well??? is this what we are doing???

DD

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
JB fired the first shot. then the free for all ensued. better get yours before we have a chance to change magazines.

donovan
05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay, I just paid for mine... I'm in.

DD

Cody Powell
05-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Are you guys getting bigins or littlins I need either 4 small or 1 large my rig and trailer are 72 feet combined. I could always unhook the trailer and camp in the grass though, someone please let me know which one to get.
Thanks
Cody

Todd Covini
05-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Sheesh you guys are jumpy!!!

Not the way I personally would have done it, (I sound like my mother), but we'll go with the individual spaces/registrations.

Go ahead and register online for anywhere in UPPER Paddock D 1-12 and E 1-12. Those are the areas that Texas AI/CMC and California AI/CMC will be targeting and it's on flat ground. FIRM UP YOUR RESERVATIONS BY MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 5/20.

Next week, I'll work with Bryan to assure our Texas/CO folks are able to stick together.

The main issue is to commit and reserve...location can be worked afterward.

This way...if guys don't sign up until late, they will miss the chance to be with the group unless someone wants to sack up and buy a big chunk and then collect the dough from the guys later. (which was the approach we were attempting.)

For those that have already reserved, Bryan Cohn will likely be calling you to confirm where you want to be. If you want to pit with Texas AI/CMC...say so and indicate the area above! They just want to make sure that we're not "netting" folks up in this that might not want to be with the group.

Carry on....

PS- Last year the Texas racers were in an open field for 2 days before the setup crews arrived. It was fun and comical...but sorta made the "rush to get out of town" seem a bit unnecessary. :wink:

(I'm a bit loose with this stuff...some are wound real tight....sounds like we got the right combination!)

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
05-17-2007, 12:21 PM
OK...I just talked to Bryan Cohn.
We need to be more coordinated going forward and it'll be much more effective with single points of contact vs. everyone working individually.

After discussing with Bryan, we've got a great area on the UPPER paddock which is flat (this is a change from my post 10 minutes ago and is reflected above.) Go ahead and reserve online...but don't worry so much about the location. Upper paddock D/E 1-12 will give us 9600 sq/ft of space that we can do with as we wish. (boot up the CAD program, DD!)

This method can only be accomplished using a single point of contact! Bryan and the national folks aren't going to want to deal with 30 crazy Texans and a handful of surfer yahoos from Colorado!

Right now, we are the only ones reserving tarmac...so let's stay calm...no running...no screaming....nobody panic. Bryan has agreed to work with Peder Beckman from California and myself from Texas for AI/CMC....and we are talking behind the scenes.

OK...I've got to go to work again now. So should all of you...move along people...nothing to see. Stay tuned... :wink:

-=- Todd

mitchntx
05-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Ready ... Steady ...

GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!!!

http://senatesite.com/blog/uploaded_images/OklahomaLandRush2007-775216.jpg

Todd Covini
05-17-2007, 12:28 PM
All Mustangs....what a beautiful sight.

NASA13
05-17-2007, 12:56 PM

Yes it is!
What the hell is a Camaro anyway?? I think it is a made up word from Chevy when they were scrambling to compete with the most successful car ever built.
:P :P

UPDATE:

Even better and more amusing...more research reveals that GM researchers found the word in a french dictionary which was French slang for Companion. HAHAHAHAHAHA
American Muscle car named Companion in French HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Isnt that PRECIOUS!

AllZWay
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
[quote=Todd Covini]Even better and more amusing...more research reveals that GM researchers found the word in a french dictionary which was French slang for Companion. HAHAHAHAHAHA
American Muscle car named Companion in French HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Isnt that PRECIOUS!

SHUUUTT UUUUPPP :wink:

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
aren't those Mustangs just base model Capri's???? arent those little girly shorts or high water pants or something?

chris-CMC#35
05-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Okay, back to topic... :)

To make it possible for DD to be successful with his CAD masterpiece, it seems like each of us should probably tell him how many / what size of space we paid for.

Correct?

-chris

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 06:13 PM
2 10x20 spaces.
28" enclosed trailer w/ a 2006 or 7 crew cab Super duty F250.

Cody Powell
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
3-10x40 spaces I didn't know how you are going to use the space but If I camp on the pavement as well I need half of the third to park my car, maybe I can split it with someone? 36' motorhome and a 28' enclosed trailer. It will be air conditioned by then if you guys want to use it as a lockbox or other(?) during the event, otherwise I can park it in the grass and give up a whole spot.
I am overthinking this, I will shut up now.

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM
i have a feeling we are going to need more spaces. w/ those who have already posted that they have purchased space(s), 9 of the 24 spaces are taken.

Cody Powell
05-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think I will need all three of mine I can always park the trailer in the grass. I just wanted to make sure we covered all of the spaces we needed by Sunday. I would love to sell someone or the group one of my spots.

donovan
05-17-2007, 07:15 PM
That is perfect Chris, I will just need to know the basics as it will be a rough layout.

I am going to get with Todd and figure out the exact location, with the entraces and exits, and also make sure that we can pull in and out... the last thing we need if for us to have to move three trailers and RV's to get someone in there spot. I will see about getting something laid out in a way that allows us to move around a little, but its efficient on space too.

I have some ideas and will get some stuff out this weekned when I have more details of space location and what rigs everyone is bringing.

DD

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 07:31 PM
originally i think we all planned to sleep out in the grass paddock so as to conserve space in the 4 or 5 20x87 spaces we were planning to get. now w/ each of us paying for our own 10x40 space and NASA just grouping us together. since i'll be sleeping and working out of the 28' trailer (has A/C), i needed a place to roll out the awning and park the race car. i'll also be bringing a canopy large enough to park the car under (10x20 i think). my wife and 2 kids and my mom will possibly be attending, so i'll need some space. its possible we could arrange to park our tow rigs outside the upper paddock to help w/ space usage. also no need for open trialers in this space either. those guys can store stuff in the enclosed trailers (helps secure ones stuff). all trailers will have to be locked while we are racing. last year we were warned of thievs staking the the place out waiting for your class's race time to come.
anyways, keeping what we need in these areas will help us providea community space in which we all can lounge. and there will be lots of lounging, trust me.

who all has any large canopy tents? i'll be bringing the above mentioned one (10x20). gas grills? we may bring one. gumbo? deep fryer? beer fridge?

we gonna try and rent our own port-o-john or two? yes, my shit dont stink and i dont need those "land of the fruits and nuts" boys stinking it up. if this year is like last year, i'll be spending ALOT of time in there - damit!
who knows about golf cart rentals? who can bring a golf cart? pit bikes?

jeffburch
05-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Sheesh you guys are jumpy!!!
Watch it!
For every "J" word is a "P" word.

jb

mitchntx
05-17-2007, 08:15 PM

It was an inverted start ...

GlennCMC70
05-17-2007, 08:21 PM
time for a new thread.

jeffburch
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM

It was an inverted start ...

LMAO!

No no no, this one has life.
jb

Racebrat
05-18-2007, 09:17 AM
who knows about golf cart rentals? who can bring a golf cart? pit bikes?

I have a call set up with Bryan again today and I can get the particulars on this. I know they were available for rent last year and I will get the prices and such for y'all. Also, as for bringing a pit vehicle each entry gets one "pit vehicle pass" and additional ones are available for purchase. If you rent a golf cart there, that counts as a pit vehicle as well.

More soon-

A

PS- anyone wanna step up and offer some of their down time to help out in Tech (or anywhere else)? I know a couple of you have stepped up already (and to y'all, Thanks , Love ya!) but anyone else wanna help out? Just drop me a line if you are interested volunteer@nasaofficials.com Thanks again!

Adam Ginsberg
05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Because of how we are pitting, I'll leave my open trailer parked elsewhere during the week - I'll simply unload the gas jugs, wheels/tires, and put my toolbox on a wheeled cart, provided I can put it inside someone's enclosed trailer.

who all has any large canopy tents? i'll be bringing the above mentioned one (10x20).

I'll have my 10'x15' EZ-Up with me, as always.

donovan
05-18-2007, 05:20 PM
My space will need Racecar, Tools and spares, 2 10x10 canopy tents, two chairs. My Trailer and Truck will be parked elsewhere, I might have a pit bike by then.

I plan on sleeping in someones trailer, anyone... I don't care... If I have to I willl pitch a tent.

DD

MikeP99Z
05-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Add me into the mix for now. I'm being optomistic and have registered.

I'll toss the open trailer in left field.

...it's almost ready to live again...

MP

GlennCMC70
05-19-2007, 07:09 AM
did ya pay for a paddock space too?

mitchntx
05-19-2007, 08:23 AM
If you want to know, you should probably call.

He's at Cal Speedway today and tomorrow TnT-ing

bossskip302
05-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Scotts planning on being at nationals, we will have the motorhome or maybe a Toterhome by then, however he will be there with me as his crew bitch
Skip