PDA

View Full Version : NASA MSR-H info!

GlennCMC70
06-18-2007, 02:07 PM
i have a feeling that they will be wanting to see your NASA Member Card and NASA Comp License in hand at this event if you are racing. make sure you guys are bringing these to each and every event. nothing has been said to me, but i have feeling this will be checked. they have never asked me before and the only place i have been asked was @ Mid Ohio for Nats '06.

also, be sure you have the new Dyno Tech sheet. its the one w/ the new spot for altitude on it.

and last of all, come w/ a good attitude. some long time no see faces should be in attendance and some of our newer guys also. should be some good times.

should be a nice weekend weather wise (its not going to be 100+ for once in a long time!). start drinking water and lots of fluids now (beer and soda do not count). its going to be warmer than is has for any race weekend we have had this year thus far.

Tech inspections will be in full force as soon as you hit the gate, be ready.

see you guys this weekend.

mitchntx
06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/mitchntx/homey.jpg

Todd Covini
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Here are the drivers who have registered:

Mosty (AI)
Donovan (AI)
Kersch (AI)
robertson (AI)
Ginsberg (CMC)
Mosty (CMC)
Proctor (CMC)
Warren (CMC)
Wirtz (CMC)
Fernandez (CMC)
Landrum (CMC)

Liebbe's on the fence but will likely be there.
I'll be there in Director's clothes only.
Get your entries in if you plan to be there!!!

-=- Todd

marshall_mosty
06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
**double post**

marshall_mosty
06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Todd,
I registered, then withdrew. I'll see you guys in College Station in balmy August.

Say "hi" to T17 for me.

michaelmosty
06-19-2007, 09:23 AM
It is going to be a sad day for the 5 drivers in the GM camp getting beat by 2 little ole Mustangs. :P

AG and I are gonna whoop some ass!!!!!

GlennCMC70
06-19-2007, 09:59 AM
unless "some ass" is in 4th place, you dont have a chance!
a little birdy told me Mitch has dropped 1-2 seconds w/ his new set-up. Steve Mulder will be there and i drove his car @ TWS, i think its faster than mine! watch out for him.
Robert B should be there.
i count 5 4th gens, a 3rd gen, and 3 fox cars.

mitchntx
06-19-2007, 10:15 AM
If I go, I'm just going to have fun.

Not gonna push it, just drive around and have a good time.

michaelmosty
06-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Two questions:
1) Can we get detailed info. for what was done to improve T16 + T17.

2) What is the race format for the weekend.

Al Fernandez
06-19-2007, 03:12 PM
As Todd had posted

Turn 17 has been significantly upgraded. In order to minimize the debris in the turn, the berms were worked on and the run-off area is loaded with new pea-gravel to prevent off/ons. On the infield side some work has been done to assist with drainage. The racing surface has been stripped of all the sealer which now provides a ton more grip. Last I heard, the wall remains where it was

The plan is still four 20 minute races so lots of points up for grabs. The two Toyo bucks paying races will be straight up based on qualifying times. The other two...we'll see.

GlennCMC70
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
i still like the inverts.

TEXAST1
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
If I go, I'm just going to have fun.

Not gonna push it, just drive around and have a good time.

So sez you! :D

GlennCMC70
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
anyone up for a Friday or Saturday night dinner?

Adam Ginsberg
06-22-2007, 09:55 AM
i have a feeling that they will be wanting to see your NASA Member Card and NASA Comp License in hand at this event if you are racing. make sure you guys are bringing these to each and every event. nothing has been said to me, but i have feeling this will be checked. they have never asked me before and the only place i have been asked was @ Mid Ohio for Nats '06.

I wonder why, all of a sudden, NASA TX will be verify comp licenses?? Does it have anything to do with the fact there has been more than one person who's raced with NASA Texas that didn't actually have a comp license?? I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say....yes.

The insurance implications of that are, I'd assume, quite significant.

Todd Covini
06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
AAaaaaadam. Be nice. :twisted:

(I look forward to seeing my l'il buddy again this weekend.)

Bring the racecar...leave the 'tude at home.