PDA

View Full Version : post June MSR-H

Al Fernandez
06-25-2007, 08:16 AM
What a great race weekend! No drama, especially in turn 17. A couple of bumps and bruises, but nothing too terrible. Just a couple of highlights for those of you that couldnt make it (it'll only be a couple of days until Todd gets that race report...)

- Two new drivers (Jerry and Chuck) licensing and Chuck even ran his first race with the group
- A rain race with lots of sliding but no incidents, and patience netting Frank Robertson his first AI win!!!
- Good, close racing the whole weekend, especially the invert on Sunday

This is now the 2nd race weekend in a row that I needed to weld something back on the car, not a trend I want to continue! Dinner Saturday night with a group of 20 from the AI/CMC family was a lot of fun too.

BryanL
06-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Can someone at least tell us the winners for each race please.
Hate I missed it and ready to read the race report.
Bryan

GlennCMC70
06-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Jeff Wertz won his first race w/ us. it was an inverted rain race. he drove very nice in the wet. i bested his best lap by .2 or so, and we bested the next closest car by about 5-6 seconds. Jeff W is my new Eric Varner! he is the man to watch.

another thing to mention. this weekend broke the trend of all GM podiums. in fact, there were no all GM podiums this weekend. (edit - there was in fact an all GM podium. it was R3) over half way thru the season and the tide is changing.

it was a nice weekend of racing. the weather could not have been better for late July. those who missed, missed out.

mitchntx
06-25-2007, 08:40 AM
It was great to get my sea legs back. I made a LOT of mistakes this weekend. Laying out for over a year makes one really rusty.

I hope I didn't foul up anyone's racing too badly.

AllZWay
06-25-2007, 10:01 AM
My weekend was fairly crappy on the track (especially qualifying... messed up shock in Q1 and fallen off spark plug in Q2) .....but still a fun weekend as a whole.

Fun except for the rain race........Slicks and very wet track don't equal competitive. :cry:

Al Fernandez
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow, good point! Not only did Jeff W take the win in the rain, he also was the overall winner for the session! Jeff is definitely the man-to-be.

In AIX Matt White took all three wins. AI saw Frank with his first win, and Dave D. took the rest of them. CMC winners were Glenn x2, Jeff W, and Corey R. Last and certainly not least, Mitch is making a strong bid for the CMC-2 championship by taking 4 wins this weekend!!! :D

Wirtz
06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

It seemed like a weekend of extremes for me. Got DQed in Sat #1 for being underweight (3 pounds on the remeasure!) on a decent 2nd place run. Then had a blast running in the rain in Sat #2. That was by far one of the most fun races I have been in. Sun #1 didn't really have anything to challenge Glenn with, but was happy with a 2nd place run. Then Sun #2 got the car to work much better but then threw it all away in the second to last turn on the last lap. The worse part of it was I clobbered Rob L and took him out of a solid second place run. 100% my fault but he had to pay. Sorry again rob, I owe you.

No matter, had a blast and continue to really enjoy running with the CMC / AI guys. Hopefully we will have the car all ready for August.

Jeff

NASA13
06-25-2007, 04:19 PM
It was great to get my sea legs back. I made a LOT of mistakes this weekend. Laying out for over a year makes one really rusty.

I hope I didn't foul up anyone's racing too badly.

oh please.
Al, Mitch was running cmc the last race and got a well deserved second which could have been a first place if those damn t56 trannies werent so hard to find 4th. :lol:

I had no good plan for passing Mitch he was flying.

I was very impressed with your driving Mitch and I cant wait to race you again when you find all your gears in the correct order.

Rob Liebbe
06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
I also had a good weekend for the most part. It was amazing to see the reaction on different people's faces when they learn about my car setup like gears, control arms, tires, camber, transmission and the lack of the good stuff therein. Maybe someday, I'll actually tune the car and then all you mofo's are gonna be in big trouble. :twisted:

Mustangs on the podium!!!

Texas Trophy car on the podium!!!

Anybody got a left-hand LX tailight for sale?

mitchntx
06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Too kind, Corey. I was just out cruising, taking it easy.

Guess next time, at TWS, I should bring my A-game?

Rob, I've seen this nifty looking red tape that would probably work.

GlennCMC70
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Rob, how about a sticker to put over it? you know, one of those that "reaches around" from the back to the side? :wink:
it would look fabulous!

i picked up some really nice OEM replacement parts at a place called Certifit here in Ft Worth. very low price - i was shocked.

GlennCMC70
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
i edited my original post about no all Gm podiums this past weekend. there in fact was - R3.

Wirtz
06-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Man, what are those things made of?? Battleship armor?

http://www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/webpost/ouch.jpg

Going to the body shop tomorrow....

NASA13
06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
That is the toughest part of a mustang. See if you can dig up some pics of when Wayne hit me in the same spot. I just had a scratched bumper cover and he looked like a demolition racer.
I am keeping my metal bumpers forever.

AllZWay
06-26-2007, 08:08 AM

I actually thought the same thing..... :shock:

mitchntx
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM

I actually thought the same thing..... :shock:

Adam going through turns ass first now begins to make perfect sense.

NASA13
06-26-2007, 09:54 AM

You mean, ass first, head first, ass first head first.
I guess that would apply to me this weekend also, dammit.

Adam Ginsberg
06-26-2007, 10:38 AM

Well, it started out head first, then some damn Camaro got in my way, and thus began the front-to-rear swap.

Time to move my nickname to you.

Spinny McRueth is born.

AllZWay
06-26-2007, 10:55 AM

I bet you got wirter's cramps after filling out contact sheets. :P

Al Fernandez
06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Let us know how that goes Jeff...hate to see any damage on such a sharp car. But, at the end of the day, remeber, its a race car. 8)

y5e06
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Jeff, who is your body man?
Need various things done including the #95 was well as the C4.

Wirtz
06-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Billy Bryson gets the credit for the body work and paint on my car. Remember him from Spokes? He had the 3rd gen B4C that was black with the ghost flames. He is working out of Express Auto Body in Round Rock now. If you talk to him, let him know I sent you his way.

Jeff

y5e06
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
thanks. I have contacted express to look my Corvette over as I knew Billy worked there as was familiar with his work. I was planning to take my car up there this week for a look over. They should work well w/ the ins company. had it narrowed down to Austin Corvette & Express but was checking for another option.
[/hijack off]

Wirtz
07-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Did the MyLaps data ever get posted? I checked this weekend but did not see it. Just confirming since the new transponder number and all.

Jeff

GlennCMC70
07-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Did the MyLaps data ever get posted? I checked this weekend but did not see it. Just confirming since the new transponder number and all.

Jeff

it has not as of last night. i ping'ed NASA TX about this on Friday. i have not gotten a responce yet. :roll:

Wirtz
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Since MyLaps has not been updated, does anyone have the results sheets for Sunday that they could scan and email to me?