PDA

View Full Version : A Texas Challenge for Jim Pantas and the SE Region!!!

Todd Covini
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/179506.jpg

Jim,
I’ve got a bone to pick with you and your folks in the SE region. I’ve tried to work this amicably behind the scenes to no avail, so now I have no recourse but to call you out in public. (I’m sure once everyone hears both sides of the story, it’ll be clear as to who is right.) I realize the phone calls and emails back and forth have been amicable, however, without a clear resolution in sight, this feud has got to come to an end with a final decision soon.

Background

Many of our Texas CMC racers attended the “Pot-o-Gold Rush” at Road Atlanta the weekend of March 17-18 this year. They had an awesome time racing in the NASA Southeast at an amazing track,however, there appeared to be no gold at the end of the rainbow.

When the long trek to Road Atlanta began, our goal was to have an “All Texas” podium for a CMC race in another region. On that weekend, the podium winners were; Jeff Burch, Adam Ginsberg and Jerry Mac Neil who, in fact, claimed it was an all TX podium at the SE region event.

Mr. Pantas, you now claim that there were only 2 winners from TX on that podium – Burch and Ginsberg. I continue to claim that all 3 winners on Saturday’s podium were from TX thus staking claim to Jerry MacNeil as a Texas racer. Mr. Pantas, you claim Jerry MacNeil was from the SE region, and will not grant the “all Texas” podium bragging rights.

Although Jerry MacNeil resides in Mississippi, Team Warhorse (Jerry MacNeil & Micah Bishop) participated in 6 NASA events in the TX region in 2006 and raced in all but 1 of the 26 CMC races here. (The 1 race that was missed was after Team Warhorse rolled their Mustang at Texas World Speedway…and within 6 weeks, MacNeil built a new one to return to Nationals in.) Team Warhorse traveled to the inaugural Nationals at Mid-Ohio with CMC#44 and camped with the TX region and finished the year out at our Texas AI/CMC Awards Banquet at Motorsport Ranch in Houston.

Conversely, Team Warhorse participated in (how many???) East Coast events and who knows how many races???

Escalation

This feud has now escalated after Jerry MacNeil was deployed in April to serve another tour in Korea with his US Army unit as a career soldier. Mac Neil’s deployment left his wife, Kathy (AKA Red) and 2 young girls to live alone at their home in Mississippi. His tour of duty will be almost 2 years and he’s eligible for a two-week leave, however, would be responsible for the air fare home himself…a cost of about $2500 with the military discount. (Which is lot on a racing soldier’s income.)

Despite what Mr. Pantas thought was a regional betrayal with Jerry claiming himself a Texan; Jim claims that the SE region is where MacNeil obtained his racing license and is Jerry MacNeil’s true home.

Mr. Pantas claims his region stands behind him and that Jerry MacNeil is from the SE region. As such, I’ve challenged Mr. Pantas on his claim stating that the TX region could raise more donation money to bring Jerry home for a military leave.

I’ve taken this matter to the NASA National Series Director, John Lindsey who has agreed that “a duel” be the best way to settle this score. The feud will be settled by a contest to see which region can raise the most money to "bring their boy home". The winning region will have the right to stake claim to Jerry MacNeil and Team Warhorse for efforts past & present and all the monies raised will go toward the MacNeil family to get a much deserved soldier’s vacation and bring daddy home.

So…based on the information in this thread, please place your vote with a small donation for the region you feel Jerry MacNeil should reside with:

FOR NASA SE https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=590

FOR NASA TX https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=591

All funds go into the national account for Jerry MacNeil’s family and JWL is tracking them in secrecy.

JWL has vowed to keep the voting/donations open until he leaves for the 2nd Annual Mid-Ohio Nationals where the racers of the SE region and TX region will anxiously await the final results to be determined at a ceremonial presentation at the Nationals.

Voting is open to all regions, so please place your vote for the region you feel should claim Jerry MacNeil as theirs.

(Jim Pantas….if you have anything to say, feel free….you bastard) ;-)

-=- Todd Covini

macstang
07-05-2007, 07:29 AM
HOLY SH..!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't know what to say....

mitchntx
07-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't know what to say....

How about ...

"You guys are OK, but Texas rawks!"

NASA13
07-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Jim Panties?

http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50265259/Panties.jpg

We all know where Mac belongs, TEXAS!
I wish I could have made the infamous journey with the crew to try out you the SE podium with Jim's old car. :D

jeffburch
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Panties owned the Yeller 13?

jb

NASA13
07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Panties owned the Yeller 13?

jb

Yup.

Trask built the car. Jim bought it and screwed around with it for a while and then sold it to me.
:D

Todd Covini
07-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Jim Panties?

http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50265259/Panties.jpg

We all know where Mac belongs, TEXAS!
I wish I could have made the infamous journey with the crew to try out you the SE podium with Jim's old car. :D

ROFLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Puh-leaze post this over on the nasaforums-SE site!!!

This same thread is also located at:
nasaforums- Nationals site
nasaforums- AI site
nasaforums- SE region site
nasaforums- Texas region site
camaromustangchallenge- General forum
...and here!

Everyone needs to poke their head into those forums every now and then and help hold our own for the Texas region!!!

(...and vote to keep Jerry in Texas with your donation!!!!)

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
08-06-2007, 12:05 AM
(alright...I did it for ya.)

Well, well, welll…Mr. Pantes
The SE Region has (thus far) proved themselves to be quite a formidable competing region, huh??? Right from the starting line, you and your little region have definitely been fastest and strongest in your efforts to bring Jerry home, and claim him as your own. We Texans applaud you heartily, Mr. Pantes, with a Floridian Golf Clap.

But….Is this a real life classic tale of The Tortoise and the Hare? Is Mr. Pantes’ SE region not "managing their tires"…such that their vehicle won’t have enough left at the finish line??? Well Mr. Pantes???

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/186859.jpg

NASA Texas is just getting home tonight from Round 5 of their 2007 Race season at beautiful College Station, home of the Texas A&M Aggies…and Texas World Speedway. The event was “A Tribute to Our Military Troops”.

NASA TX and The Allison Legacy Series partnered to perform opening ceremonies. Saturday’s festivities kicked off with Lee Anne Rimes singing the National Anthem, whilst 3 skydivers delivered our State Flag of Texas as well as the National Flag onto the superspeedway front straight.

All military personnel (new recruits, active duty and retired) and
their families were invited to come out and enjoy the races. Military personnel were all invited to take ride alongs on the track, and many of our Texas AI/CMC racers installed passenger seats just for this weekend!

In addition, thanks to Chief Steward Adrian Carpenter and the rest of the NASA Texas gang for “Passing the hat, for Jerry Mac”!!!

In all, NASA Texas raised $556.26 this weekend in free form donations.

(By "free form" I mean, that doesn't count what many of our folks have or will do with the online votes/donations.)

So….don’t count your bunnies before their born, Mr. Pantes!!! :wink:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/282500/282591GLNk_w.jpg

-=- Todd