PDA

View Full Version : I need mustang roll cage pics

ShadowBolt
07-10-2007, 10:58 AM
For my 1989. I have all the pics from Wayne Manor's Mustang but it is a hatchback so I need pics of where the rear braces attach to the top of the shock mount? On the hatchback that is easy to do, I don't know how it is done on the non hatchback version.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

ShadowBolt
07-10-2007, 03:24 PM
All I really need to see is how you sealed the rear bulkhead off. The CCR says they must be sealed. Just weld them up or with grommets?

JJ

ShadowBolt
07-10-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm a dumb ass. I just went and saw the car where it's stored and it does not even have a rear bulkhead. It does have a stamped sheet metal cross X brace accross where the bulkhead would be. Can that be removed or should it be left in?

Jerry

mitchntx
07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Trust me I know this is a hard concept to grasp, but ...

If it doesn't say you can do it in the rules, you can't do it.

When I first started asking things like this, Todd had Billy Ray Cyrus hair ....

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
can you qoute the rule from the CCR? i'm lost.
dont cut nothing out of that car.

marshall_mosty
07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the sealing requirement is only valid if you are going to run a fuel cell.

Michael's CMC car just has the factory "X" sheetmetal brace and it has been deemed legal by the TX tech inspection crowd.

Sect. 15.4 deals with the usage of a fuel cell and the requried safety modification needed.