PDA

View Full Version : Variety is the spice of life...

RichardP
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
This just in from NASA TX:

Also we received so much great feedback about the last Texas World Speedway event that we have decided to run the 2.9 mile course clockwise again!!!

Richard P.

AI#97
07-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Also we received so much great feedback about the last Texas World Speedway event that we have decided to run the 2.9 mile course clockwise again!!!

Richard P.

Time to rethink current setup! Maybe change back to what I just had....or not! ;)

Any of the AI guys willing to post 5th gear info and tach readings going the other way? I might run out of 5th gear and I am considering 3.55's....

Thanks!

y5e06
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
although it may be obvious.... this is in regards to our August event?

AI#97
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
although it may be obvious.... this is in regards to our August event?

Yep, an early last minute change so to speak! ;) Glad they are doing better!

Al Fernandez
07-11-2007, 06:18 AM
That's what that noise was!! Glenn celebrating after having read this. :lol:

marshall_mosty
07-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Matt,
2.40 rear gears, 0.52 fifth, 3800rpm at the end of the straight...

8) 8)

RichardP
07-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Matt,

I concur with Marshall. I doubt you will have any problem beating all the other AIX cars with that combo in your bid for the championship... :D

Richard P.

mitchntx
07-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Richard has such a unique way of putting all things in perspective ...

donovan
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
MW,

I was @ 5900 rpms, at the end of the straight... 3.73's with .83 5th gear.

I have my tach light set to come on at 5800... it would flutter on and then post for the last few hundred feet of the straight.

DD

michaelmosty
07-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Pardon my rant but this is freakin rediculous.

I have a new idea for NASA TX in 2008. Tell us the event dates at the beginning of the year and then 3-weeks before the event tell us where we will be racing. This will keep the element of suprise. At least with that approach I wouldn't have to keep lowering my expectations. :?

AI#97
07-11-2007, 03:40 PM
MW,

I was @ 5900 rpms, at the end of the straight... 3.73's with .83 5th gear.

I have my tach light set to come on at 5800... it would flutter on and then post for the last few hundred feet of the straight.

DD

Thanks DD!

Sort of my problem. I was already pulling 5750rpm going the other way in a .80 5th with 3.73's. The way the motor is tuned, it isn't making power past 5800 so there is really no need to spin it that hard unless it's to get past someone or a situation. I have heard that clockwise, speeds rise from 145mph going the other way, to over 160mph. I guess I can go ahead and use 6th gear to save time and money although it's pretty weak , but I have been wanting to put 3.55's in the car for a while to keep the revs down anyway. 2nd, 3rd and 4th in a T56 are pretty close on the ratios so the rear gear becomes less of a factor on the tighter sections of the course with the taller 2nd gear.

I guess I will just play it by ear in 3 weeks and stick with the 3.73's....just need to start practicing my 6th to 3rd downshifts! :shock:

Richard....back into the corner for you and no dinner. I know it's a CS thing to do but who cares...I am just out to have fun with low expectations and no pressure.

Micheal, careful, you are starting to sound like I did last year....just service the car put on the helmet and be ready for anything. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger right?!

back to the grind!

MW

AI#97
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Matt,

8) 8)

That's actually right at my peak torque!! :wink:

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
one of the biggest complaints fed back up to NASA TX is about repeat venues. if we have to repeat, then the configuration should change if at all possible. i truely believe that if eveyone wanted clockwise, we would be running it CCW.

as much as i'm going to enjoy taking the track record from Al w/out drafting to get it, i still wanted to run it the other way. hold on to the 1:59 Al, a 1:58 (that i ran in qual back in April) is coming. remember those new tires?

AI#97
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
one of the biggest complaints fed back up to NASA TX is about repeat venues. if we have to repeat, then the configuration should change if at all possible. i truely believe that if eveyone wanted clockwise, we would be running it CCW.

as much as i'm going to enjoy taking the track record from Al w/out drafting to get it, i still wanted to run it the other way. hold on to the 1:59 Al, a 1:58 (that i ran in qual back in April) is coming. remember those new tires?

Sounds like OUR group didn't request it...so what other group has the pull switch directions?

And Glenn, if you want, you can draft behind me to get that record...I make a pretty big hole in the air with the Moosestang! ;)

David Love AI27
07-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Richard P.

Time to rethink current setup! Maybe change back to what I just had....or not! ;)

Any of the AI guys willing to post 5th gear info and tach readings going the other way? I might run out of 5th gear and I am considering 3.55's....

Thanks!

Here is my setup: 3:73 gear, no 5th in tranny, just 4... hits 6,400 at start/finish... blows up down the back straight if you leave it in 3rd...

any help??

sorry I couldn't resist...

David Love AI27
07-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Did I miss something????? Why are we running it CW, AGAIN??? doesn't that make it a repeat venue for 2007??? TWS is the easiest track to "switch"... NEVERMIND!!! I'll shutup before I get banned.... NOT!!!

Waco Racer
07-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Sounds like OUR group didn't request it...so what other group has the pull switch directions?

That's what I would like to know.

AI#97
07-11-2007, 09:21 PM

I have already asked too many questions... All is happy happy joy joy!!!

Al Fernandez
07-12-2007, 06:18 AM
What happened to Glenn's post?? Dont worry Glenn, I'm not a sentimental kind of guy. Besides, dont count your chickens just yet. With a little luck it'll be 115 degrees and raining! :lol:

marshall_mosty
07-13-2007, 07:31 AM
If there's any point on voting on configuration, I'd vote for 2.9CCW. Looks like several don't want repeat configurations on back-to-back events. (I'd agree if I was able to make it last month).

Todd Covini
07-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Let me know if you find out something. :roll:
No one talked to me.

-= T

PS- Glad to hear we got it turned around the right way! :lol: