PDA

View Full Version : 2007 AI/CMC Video FTP Site Information

donovan
07-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I have created an FTP location for everyone to upload Video Files and Photos.

This is only for the delivery of files, it is not a holding location. We can use all we need, but I will pull it down as soon as its posted. I have one general user account that I will pass out, if you need a secure user account I can set that up as well.

Please contact me thru email or PM for the information.

david at donovanracing dot com

We need all your videos and photos to make this video the best video ever!!!

Please share what you have so we can make this video a classic!

You are also welcome to mail or hand deliver your tapes or DVD's... I will take anything I can get. I can rip DVD's, CD's, MiniDV, HI8, Digital8... and even some others... pass it on!

DD

jeffburch
07-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks DD.

Newbies to FTP need not be intimidated.
I recommend a free client called SmartFTP.
http://www.smartftp.com/
I've tried a few and it is the easiest to use.
If you have an analog camera, you need to aquire a capture device.

Will the '07 video be the Michael Mosty show Part II?

jb

GlennCMC70
07-12-2007, 10:35 AM
post up a mailing address, i'll drop my MSR-H stuff in the mail tomorrow.

donovan
07-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Mail all your DVD's, CD's and Tapes here... I will give you back anything you send. I know the tapes are expensive, so I will digitize and either bring them to the track or mail them back.

Attn: David Donovan
Donovan Racing
211 Verdin Drive
Buda, Texas 78610

donovan
07-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Will the '07 video be the Michael Mosty show Part II?

jb

My goal is to create a action packed video that has everyone in it... there could be more of one person than others, but if you want to be in there send in your videos... the more you send the more likely you will be in there more!!!

Expect this year’s video to be more professional than the past years, more exciting, more action, more racing, more camaraderie and more loving!!!

GlennCMC70
07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
..... more camaraderie and more loving!!!

Reach Around Racing will finally get exposed......er um exposure!
:wink:

AllZWay
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
David...Thanks for the effort.

I have one more tape and will give it to you at TWS.

donovan
07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
JP,
I have been working on your tapes over the last couple days... The audio has a skip every few seconds and I'm losing some sounds bites... the video is okay, I'm still trying to work out the audio problem.

When you play it back on your camera, does the sound come out in a good quality?

DD

donovan
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
..... more camaraderie and more loving!!!

Reach Around Racing will finally get exposed......er um exposure!

The DVD cover art is already in the works... I have some of the Marketing folks here in the office working on it... :oops:

AllZWay
07-12-2007, 01:13 PM
JP,
I have been working on your tapes over the last couple days... The audio has a skip every few seconds and I'm losing some sounds bites... the video is okay, I'm still trying to work out the audio problem.

When you play it back on your camera, does the sound come out in a good quality?

DD

Yes....they usually work just fine.

Fbody383
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Expect this year’s video to be more professional than the past years, more exciting, more action, more racing, more camaraderie and more loving!!!

Man that's rough! I enjoyed the last couple year end vids and they helped cement the idea to join this bunch.

David, thanks for keeping it going.

David F.

michaelmosty
07-12-2007, 04:05 PM
David,
Thanks for getting the together for us. I have alot of work to do to get this years videos edited down to just the "highlights". I will condense all of it down and have a video for you at TWS.
Thanks again David!!

mitchntx
07-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Please send me FTP info ...

evarner
07-12-2007, 05:04 PM

Man that's rough! I enjoyed the last couple year end vids and they helped cement the idea to join this bunch.

David F.

No worries and I have thick skin. Glad you enjoyed the videos from the previous years. David somehow has it in for me and would expect more from him.

GlennCMC70
07-12-2007, 05:11 PM

David F.

No worries and I have thick skin. Glad you enjoyed the videos from the previous years. David somehow has it in for me and would expect more from him.

you set the mark high and for some reason seem to always get offended by those who want to do more than you have. i took Davids comments as a complement to you Eric and and possibly as a goal he was publicly setting to continue what is turning into a great AI/CMC Texas tradition started by you and him. David F's probably took David D's comment wrong too.
whatever.

evarner
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM

David F.

you set the mark high and for some reason seem to always get offended by those who want to do more than you have. i took Davids comments as a complement to you Eric and and possibly as a goal he was publicly setting to continue what is turning into a great AI/CMC Texas tradition started by you and him. David F's probably took David D's comment wrong too.
whatever.

You would be in the minority by a long shot. There's chatter going on behind the scenes of the obvious slam.

I was looking forward to the 2006 video and even offered to help in the background. It's no fun wading through miles of tape looking for the "money" shots. No need to demoralize the past editor, just make the friggin video and let the audience enjoy it without the comparison. sheesh

Whatever.

GlennCMC70
07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
i didnt see it as a slam. i saw it as a goal. anyone who knows David D knows thats the way he intended it. i could care less about the chatter Eric, i think for myself, dont let others do it for you.

evarner
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
i didnt see it as a slam. i saw it as a goal. anyone who knows David D knows thats the way he intended it. i could care less about the chatter Eric, i think for myself, dont let others do it for you.

I will reserve comment until DD posts.

mitchntx
07-12-2007, 06:36 PM

David somehow has it in for me and would expect more from him.

I wouldn't know about any vendetta, but I can see where David's comment could be taken negative.

I would imagine that if David had a score to settle, it would be using some other venue, though.

For those who have edited video for content, synced music, sub-titled, added "bonus images" :roll: , authored DVDs, exported a web friendly version and then made a ba-zillion copies knows the time and effort it took.

By proclaiming " more *.* " sets a mighty lofty goal. Only time will tell.

You would be in the minority by a long shot. There's chatter going on behind the scenes of the obvious slam.

Is this the same type "documented proof" that has been discussed before?

- sorry couldn't resist - :wink:

donovan
07-12-2007, 08:44 PM
WOW...

EV, I don't have it out for you or anyone else... :wink:

I did not intend to make any cracks in a bad way at all.

The single most heard comment about the video and the packaging from the past two years (and Todd will agree) is that we have set the bar very high with our videos and they are very professional... again... professional.

When I made the comment about being more professional I was mainly conveying that even though things are a little differnent this year I was going to not only make sure it was professinal again this year, but more professional.

I was also just trying to hype up the post and wording to maybe excite some people to get there videos and photos to me.

No harm intended at all, I respect everything you have done with the past videos!!! Trust me, I would not try to take that away.

I hate the internet sometimes...

I need to make a special trip to Houston and give EV a big hug!! :P

DD

mitchntx
07-12-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www3.telus.net/planetkevin/files/ForumPics/gay_thread.jpg

evarner
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Time to go back to reading the rest of the "Consipiracy Theory" novel. <kidding!!!!!>

http://www.for-cats-only.com/images/submittedPhotos/advice/adviceHowtoPawicureDorus.jpg

Conspiracy is argumented by using: 1) common logic 2) strong evidence 3) human experience. If all these elements are existing in any sequence of related events, a conspiracy existence is possible.

The above is a joke and intended for entertainment purposes only.

8) :lol: :shock: :? 8) :lol:

GlennCMC70
07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Time to go back to reading the rest of the "Consipiracy Theory" novel. <kidding!!!!!>

http://www.for-cats-only.com/images/submittedPhotos/advice/adviceHowtoPawicureDorus.jpg

Conspiracy is argumented by using: 1) common logic 2) strong evidence 3) human experience. If all these elements are existing in any sequence of related events, a conspiracy existence is possible.

The above is a joke and intended for entertainment purposes only.

nice apology.... i think. :?

glad all is well.

mitchntx
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Ever sat on a jury panel? You are a prosecuting attorney's wet dream.

AI#97
07-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Anyone have any green jell-o??? I am mixing up a batch with some prozac in it so you monkeys will learn not to take things so DARN serious!

David, I will bring the "camera car" footage Todd requested at MSR-H on miniDV tape so you can preserve the "professional" quality as best you can! :wink:

donovan
07-13-2007, 08:36 AM
MW, cool bring anything you have...

I will be bringing a laptop that has firewire so I can also capture anything trackside from cameras as well.

JP, I am going to try another camera but my MiniDV is not happy with your tapes for some reason... Please bring your camera to the track and I will see about just using your camera and my laptop to capture the videos Saturday night.

DD

AllZWay
07-13-2007, 09:21 AM
MW, cool bring anything you have...

I will be bringing a laptop that has firewire so I can also capture anything trackside from cameras as well.

JP, I am going to try another camera but my MiniDV is not happy with your tapes for some reason... Please bring your camera to the track and I will see about just using your camera and my laptop to capture the videos Saturday night.

DD

No problem.... I'll have it at the track.

jeffburch
07-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Tape path interchangability.

When the tape follows it's path in the machine it must follow a set of parameters, physically and electrically, to meet a standard.
If a recorded tape falls outside of these parameters it may now be married to it's original deck for optimal playback.

Addendum:
This problem can just as easily lie with either machine, or neither.
May just be an interchangability issue between these two decks.

I didn't take DD's comments as a jab.

jb

donovan
07-13-2007, 10:43 AM
JB, that explains what might be happening with the tapes... I assume that as long as I can get JP's deck at the track we should be good! Very cool!

Thanks again.
DD

Fbody383
07-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Having put a 17 minute production together from 10-12 hours of raw footage, I fully appreciate the work that goes into this kinda thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the past compilations, appreciate the effort for 07 and hope to be in 08. I took David D's comment as a light hearted jab.

Man, there are a lot of back stories in this group.

Look, baby seals!

donovan
07-13-2007, 03:08 PM
It’s all good, and really I do respect Eric and everyone here. Everyone that knows me can tell you that if I have something to say I will come right out and say it. I don't hide anything and I speak my mind.

What Eric has done in the past is awesome... I do hope to produce a better video this year, but only to keep the tradition alive and keep doing it better each year. The bar was set high the first year and last year it was raised again (all by Eric). If anything I have made claims that are hard to match and possibly set myself up to fail...

Thanks for your comments, positive feedback goes a long way.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!
David D. :D

Todd Covini
07-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Continuous Improvement, guys, Continuous Improvement!!!

I can see how David was trying to market his efforts for the new video.
I can see how Eric might take it personally....but really shouldn't.

We did our best to hype the newest video to be "bigger, better, faster, stronger" than the last one....we've always done that.

I'll continue to do the same for this year's champions, for this year's season, for this year's crop of drivers.

Continuous Improvement.

Does it mean that the 2007 Champions, Season, Video or Drivers are any better than the '06 or '05 or '04 Season?! No...of course not.

Each year we've had nothing but the best of times in their own different ways.

-=- Todd

PS- I still watch the 2007 Video on a weekly basis and it was mandatory gear in my son's summer trip and daughter's iPod.