PDA

View Full Version : Need to Rent car for TWS this weekend

BryanL
07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Since I screwed up my motor I am thinking of renting a car for the weekend so I can get my license. If anyone has any suggestions on getting a decent car please let me know. Will start with enterprise and budget.
Thanks for the help.
Bryan

AI#97
07-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Hertz rents V6 mustangs and they can last an entire weekend but the drive home might be a little wild with the brakes. I have rented them 4 times now and once even bolted on the RA1's and had a blast! Weekend rates are usually in the $130 range all in. Just make sure you turn the O/D off and you will double your gas mileage on track!

BryanL
08-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Hertz has the GT Convertible but it is 550 for the weekend.

What location did you rent the V6 mustang? I am not having any luck online locating one to rent. I would save at least 150 bucks in gas if I didn't bring my truck and trialer which would pay for the rental.

Thanks for the info and tips.

AI#97
08-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Hertz has the GT Convertible but it is 550 for the weekend.

What location did you rent the V6 mustang? I am not having any luck online locating one to rent. I would save at least 150 bucks in gas if I didn't bring my truck and trialer which would pay for the rental.

Thanks for the info and tips.

First one I got was at Easterwood airport in College Station. The others have come from the office in Plano at 15th street and coit. It's usually best to call the local store and reserve it through them but I suggest picking it up early in the morning or they will rent it out from under you.

Last time I did this I picked it up in Plano and trailered it down...just had to let the air out of the tires to miss my tire rack! :shock:

BryanL
08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks I checked the one in Plano and it was 77 for the weekend but not all in.
However I have just decided to stay at home with the baby and pull my motor.
Good luck this weekend.

David Love AI27
08-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I am trying to get two "track" cars for DE/Racecraft for the weekend. My Neon is ready to go but I'm also hoping to get new rod bearings in the Mustang by tomorrow night. Either way I should have a car available by tomorrow evening. Call me for details 281-414-1738, only cost would be $50.00/day plus fuel. Don't balk at the Neon it is a lot of fun and very respected as a "track" car.