PDA

View Full Version : Cool Shirt Performance

Rob Liebbe
08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
For those running Cool Shirt systems - do you have any troubles with the connectors? Mine seem like you have to get them "just right" to flow well and then I suspect that the vibrations and general mayhem of the environment move them out of "just right" and then the flow stops.

I know the body gets used to the cold, but I can visibly see the difference in the flow rate by looking in the tubes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

jeffburch
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
May be crushed ice clogging the motor intake.
I fabbed some fuel cell foam around my pump to filter.
Also, the week b4 the event I freeze up a bunch of block ice.
I bring the blocks in a separate cooler away from my drinks to help them last.

jb

Rob Liebbe
08-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Excellent points. May also explain why I burned up the first pump motor.

AllZWay
08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I have a small screen at the bottom of my pump to keep stuff out of the pump.

mitchntx
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I bought mine at PST. It has a plastic, cone shaped screen over the pump's suction.

Something I learned this weekend ...
If you stash a couple bottle of water in the cooler in case you have a need, remove the paper labels first.

:roll:

Rob Liebbe
08-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I was so hot waiting for tech after race 4 that I opened mine cooler up and put my right hand down in it and splashed water out of it over my face and head. Then I remembered that I can see "stuff" floating through the lines. Yuck!!!!!!!!

Wirtz
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Something I learned this weekend ...
If you stash a couple bottle of water in the cooler in case you have a need, remove the paper labels first.

:roll:

That's a funny, yet good idea. I thought I saw Burch pulling the Pabst out of his cool shirt cooler tho.... ;)

jeffburch
08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Shhhhhhh!
I'm cuttin you off bud!

jb