PDA

View Full Version : Video DVD from TWS - Trackside from Tower Roof

donovan
08-06-2007, 11:23 PM
-All

I bought one of the DVD's from Thad at the track and watched it tonight... WOW!!!!

I suggest that everyone get one of these, it is worth every penny!!!
He is charging $30 for the DVD, it includes all four races. I watched the first two, and WOW it was awesome! The first race is plain audio, the sound of our cars down the straight is awesome, and the second race is dubbed in with the track announcer. I don't know what the Sunday races look like but I can't wait to watch them.

Please support the efforts of Thad and get in touch with him and order a DVD, it is just awesome video of our cars and the camera he is using can zoom in all the way thru turn 6 and catch us as we comeback thru turn 8... AWESOME stuff!!!

DD

Thad Yousling
Texas Motorsports Media
1229 Hughmont Dr.
Pflugerville, Texas, 78660
TY@texasmotorsportsmedia.com
Skipper529@yahoo.com
512 698-3168

AllZWay
08-07-2007, 07:48 AM
I just fired an email to him about getting one.

GlennCMC70
08-07-2007, 08:04 AM
i emailed him last night.

Todd Covini
08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks for supporting the folks that support us!
I'll get a copy myself.

This truly was a "last minute deal" when I saw him videotaping the Allison Legacy guys and asked "how much to stay up here and keep filming the AI/CMC races....four times".

It was hot out...he was on the roof...and Thad could have easily just said, "thanks, but no thanks"...but he kept recording for an extra couple hours on our behalf.

So...every DVD he sells makes it more worth his time to help us out. Who knows...if we sell more of them, he might come back and do it again for us. (Economics are funny like that.)

Enjoy!!!!

-=- T

PS- Thanks to Clifton for referring me to Thad with the idea!

donovan
08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
So...every DVD he sells makes it more worth his time to help us out. Who knows...if we sell more of them, he might come back and do it again for us. (Economics are funny like that.)

I have swapped a couple emails with him in the last couple days... He did hint to me that if we gets enough interest and enough people from our group to buy the DVD's, he might be interested in coming out in the future and doing the same thing... and if that is the case, he will be able to do a better job as he gets to know us and the series... He enjoys doing this, he loves racing and would love to come out and film us, but like Todd said it is economics too...

Lets make it worth his time to come out again!!!

DD

jeffburch
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
What is the payment/ shipping process on this.
Sorry, too busy to inquire myself.
thx,
jb

GlennCMC70
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
i emailed him and have not gotten a reply yet.
i'll post it once i do.

y5e06
08-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I got an email response a few minutes ago. He's actually only a mile or two away from me in Pflugerville so he might drop it off after work this week if I don't get over there to pick mine up.

Rob Liebbe
08-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I talked to him and his instructions were to email him at the personal e-mail address that Donovan listed Skipper529@yahoo.com , explain what you want (ie - DVD of all four CMC races at TWS Aug 4 & 5), give him shipping information. He then responded back with pricing and where to send a check.

michaelmosty
08-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Rob, e-mail sent.

ShadowBolt
08-07-2007, 02:25 PM
I was going to go pick one up after work but he is sold out. He needs to burn some more so I will get mine so I can watch myself come in last four times and hit cones all on one DVD!

JJ

Rob Liebbe
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I was going to go pick one up after work but he is sold out. He needs to burn some more so I will get mine so I can watch myself come in last four times and hit cones all on one DVD!

JJ

Sounds like my short-lived autocrossing career.

GlennCMC70
08-07-2007, 07:56 PM
i got this today.

I am making some dubs
tonight. I will send it as soon as I have your adress
Send a check for $30. + $2 shipping. My adress is in
my signature at the bottom. Thanks again Thad.

address correction!!!!!!! 8-10-07

Thad Yousling
Texas Motorsports Media
1229 Hughmont Dr.
TY@texasmotorsportsmedia.com
Skipper529@yahoo.com
512 698-3168

AllZWay
08-07-2007, 08:02 PM
He never responded to my email.

mitchntx
08-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Try leaving it in 4th gear and driving with one hand.

Or send him a scanned picture of your magazine article.

That might help.

AllZWay
08-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Try leaving it in 4th gear and driving with one hand.

Or send him a scanned picture of your magazine article.

That might help.

I pretended to be Glenn and it worked. :lol:

Actually..... I just got the same message that Glenn received.

GlennCMC70
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
i offered to trade him an image of me off of fathead.com. :P

jeffburch
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm kinda dissappointed in myself that at the last TWS event I didn't notice or think about going up there to shoot. Damn.

I got an email from him aswell.

jb

AI#97
08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't know what the Sunday races look like but I can't wait to watch them.

Sent him an email but need to know if the check needs to be made out to him or Texas Motorsports Media.

David, I would kill to see the start of R3 early but I will just have to wait! watch it and you will see what I mean!!

GlennCMC70
08-10-2007, 08:26 AM
address correction.
Thad Yousling
Texas Motorsports Media
1229 Hughmont Dr.

ShadowBolt
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I drove to Thad's office in Austin and picked up the DVD's. I was really disapointed. In my mind I was staying real close to the pack. In fact I suck! I was eight to ten car lengths behind in every race. Everyone says seat time is what I need but it will take a lot to catch up with the rear guys much less the front runners. The DVD is not great but it's okay. I was wanting to see CMC17 hit the cones in R3 but he did not get it. He did however get the reason why I had to hit the cones. There is a lot of silence and the announcer has someone telling him stuff and you can hear it on the DVD. Thad said he could come to Houston in Oct. and record it for us but he would need a place to set up where he could see the whole track. I told him one of you will have to get with him, I don't know the answer.

JJ

mitchntx
08-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Thad said he could come to Houston in Oct. and record it for us but he would need a place to set up where he could see the whole track.

Working with Houston ... good luck with that

donovan
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
The DVD is not great but it's okay. JJ

Keep in mind that this DVD is straight from his camera to the DVD.

The cost is low for us on these DVD’s. If he was to edit the video down, clean it up and spend a lot of time making it real nice the price would go way up.

This is just about as RAW video as it gets other than the menu he created.

I appreciate that he is keeping the cost down for us and distributing it this way. Sure, it’s not all clean and edited, but $30 is much better than $100.

By the way, what I discovered is the Audio from the cars and the announcer are both there, one is on the left channel and one is on the right channel, so if you can adjust the volume of each separately, you can enjoy it a little better!!!

This is also the first time he has worked with us, I'm sure it will only get better the more he does!

DD

donovan
08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't know what the Sunday races look like but I can't wait to watch them.

David, I would kill to see the start of R3 early but I will just have to wait! watch it and you will see what I mean!!

That is the one I really want to see too!!!
:D

jeffburch
08-10-2007, 11:44 AM
address correction.
Thad Yousling
Texas Motorsports Media
1229 Hughmont Dr.

I thought the address was funny.
My check went out with the incomplete addy.
I hope it bounces back.
Geez, something so simple.

jb

donovan
08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
address correction.
Thad Yousling
Texas Motorsports Media
1229 Hughmont Dr.

I thought the address was funny.
My check went out with the incomplete addy.
I hope it bounces back.
Geez, something so simple.

jb

I corrected it on the original post... Oops

jeffburch
08-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Discs arrived in Fridays mail.
Day 1 disc is a coaster.
Just my luck.
jb

rpoz27
08-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Mine arrived in Friday's mail, as well. Except they were the Legacy races. Told Thad and he sent the correct ones to me yesterday, so no big deal and I get to keep the others.

Racebrat
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know who I am supposed to make the check to? Thad or his company?

GlennCMC70
08-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Thad.

AI#97
08-21-2007, 05:49 PM
just got mine in the mail today! Wow! I am going to need a new helmet after watching R1 and R2. My head might have expanded to near "Glenn size" after that!!! VERY cool indeed.

Donovan...R3 start was pretty cool and must say that you checked out!

We must get this guy to Houston some how!

Todd Covini
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I've been in touch with Thad.
He's interested in coming to Houston.
DD & I might have to "script" things into the video production for the season finale. :twisted: :twisted:

-=- T

cobra132
08-23-2007, 09:47 AM
If he comes to Houston, see if he can bring some disks. FMR

AllZWay
08-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't won't to bag on the guy's first attempt at this.....but for $30 I was hoping for a little more.

I would pay $5 or $10....but I am not paying $30 for another of this quality.

michaelmosty
08-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Agreed, I know it wasn't his fault but some of the talk in the background by the anouncer cracked me up. I have no clue if anyone else was in the booth but it sounded like he was talking to himself at times. :)

mitchntx
08-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I understand your feelings, James.

But, in all fairness to the producer, there just isn't a lot you can do with one camera.

And, as I understand it, the audio feed was a last minute idea. so gremlins certainly will jump in.

I bet he is a little better prepared for the next round.

AI#97
08-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Agreed, I know it wasn't his fault but some of the talk in the background by the anouncer cracked me up. I have no clue if anyone else was in the booth but it sounded like he was talking to himself at times. :)

I though Todd was up there doing some coaching so maybe that is why he was so hilarious! I thought it was funny when he was trying to get you and Marshall squared away!!

Todd Covini
08-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Yup...I was "the other voice" in the booth on Saturday.
It truly was a last minute deal and we sort of merged the two together.

There was a camera guy.
There was an announcer.

It wasn't necessarily meant to provide audio for the tape. Thad threw a lappel mic on the announcer along with a wireless set and off he went to the roof.

The reason the announcing was silent for the beginning of the race was that Thad had'nt gotten to the roof just yet.

The reason for the background chatter was that the announcer was...announcing...with a push to talk RF microphone for the FM broadcast. Thad's audio was purely secondary and the real radio audience could never hear the chatter in the room. As you can imagine, as soon as he's off that PTT button, he figured he's clear.

Anyway, if we can capitalize on the economies of scale....get some other series/series directors involved then the price of the video could certainly come down. But for a last minute deal, I always appreciate a "can-do" guy.

-=- Todd

rpoz27
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I think Martin would be interested for GTS.

BTW, Martin was asked by Jay and Shannon to be a series director for GTS. He will be involved in the practical end at the track, while the other director will be handling the paper end of things. Yea, Martin!

GlennCMC70
08-24-2007, 11:24 AM
good for him, he will do great!

donovan
08-24-2007, 02:40 PM
BTW, Martin was asked by Jay and Shannon to be a series director for GTS. He will be involved in the practical end at the track, while the other director will be handling the paper end of things. Yea, Martin!

That is awesome!