PDA

View Full Version : Smiley's has moved (Mesquite)

jeffburch
08-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Now at the corner of Military Pkwy/Scyene and Gross Rd.

WOW! Unbelievable!

Building is 20 or 30 times the size of the old main store.

They have expanded bigtime to include drag racing stuff.
They have 2 rail dragsters under construction right there in the store.
Reminded me of a bass pro shop atmosphere for racing stuff.

jb

Racebrat
08-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Do they also have a store in the Woodlands? My plumber races dirt cars and he was telling me about a similar type place of the same name in the Woodlands. Just wondering if it's the same?? Are they a good place to do business? I've been told they they stock a lot of stuff: suits, helmets, socks, parts, fluids, etc.

Thanks-

A

jeffburch
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Your plumber? :wink:

http://www.smileysracing.com/locations.php

jb

GlennCMC70
08-30-2007, 04:19 PM
i get alot of harware type things from them. they know me well over at the Kennedale location. i've been wanting to hit the one Jeff use's for some time. guess its getting even bigger/better.
i've also had really good luck w/ Day Motorsports over in Tyler. i've even driven there just to do stuff face to face.

AllZWay
08-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I have bought a lot of stuff from Smiley's and Day.

Two local auto parts have a partnership with them and pickup items once a week. I just place the order and they pick them up..... and if I need it badly they just have them shipped and shipping is split with anyone that is also placing orders.

Racebrat
08-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Yup, our plumber. Having recently moved to a "small town" and built a new house- we know a lot of the subs in the area. He saw KC's SM one day and we started talking. Its amazing how many people that live out here race something!

Thanks for the link JB! I'll go check them out next time I'm in the Woodlands.

Todd Covini
08-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Adrian,
It's off Rayford Sawdust. Definately not the carnival Jeff speaks of here, but it's big enough and they stock a bunch of stuff. Been there...good for last minute safety gear or roundy round gear.

Won't dissapoint.

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
09-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Do they also have a store in the Woodlands? My plumber races dirt cars and he was telling me about a similar type place of the same name in the Woodlands. Just wondering if it's the same?? Are they a good place to do business? I've been told they they stock a lot of stuff: suits, helmets, socks, parts, fluids, etc.

Thanks-

A

I go by a couple of times a month... staff is not the brightest, I have been known to find things they didn't know they had... proly not much in the way of SM stuff but decent selection of safty gear...

Racebrat
09-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I was in a panic over socks at the time and that was the topic of conversation- do they stock something as silly as socks- the answer was yes- and helmets, suits, gloves, shoes, etc. Thanks guys!!!!

A