PDA

View Full Version : Texas Motor Speedway IMCA Lone Star Nationals this weekend.

AllZWay
09-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I realize most don't car much about dirt track roundy round, but this weekend should be some awesome racing at the TMS dirt track.

The who's who of IMCA dirt racing should be racing this event. Should be pretty interesting since most race on 1/4 and 3/8 mile tracks and will have to re-gear for the 1/2 mile track.

All IMCA classes are racing. hobbies, stocks cars, sport mods, Modifieds, and Sprints.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/DirtTrack.aspx

Free tickets can be picked up at TETCO gas stations. I may have a couple extra, so give me a call if you are interested in going.

I'll be watching Friday and Saturday.....then I am going to the Cowboy game on Sunday... (front row behind the Cowboy offense :P ).

mitchntx
09-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Free tickets can be picked up at TETCO gas stations. I may have a couple extra, so give me a call if you are interested in going.

If you have a spare ticket, I'd meet you up there on Friday evening.

I'll give you a call.

jeffburch
09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Me too!
jb

AllZWay
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Cool deal...... You two both have a ticket.

Actual racing starts at 7:00pm. I will get with ya'll later in the week.

My new cell phone is..... 903-669-8360

mitchntx
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Sweet!!!

AI#97
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Not to hijack but here is a link to some more dirt action in a couple weeks at the same location!! Been wanting to go to one of these for a while.

http://www.corracing.com/2007/index.php?p=race&id=43

mitchntx
09-25-2007, 01:26 PM
CORR would be EXTRA cool!

AllZWay
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM

I bet Cory would be great at that kind of racing. :P

AI#97
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Actually Liebbe and Micheal Mosty would probably clean up. They got a lot more air time in their cars than any of us will ever want!!!

AllZWay
09-25-2007, 03:28 PM

Actually Liebbe and Micheal Mosty would probably clean up. They got a lot more air time in their cars than any of us will ever want!!!

Don't forget about Bo Covini either.

michaelmosty
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Liebbe, Todd, and myself all found the quickest way to trash a radiator and lower core support. Unfortunately Todd was trying to show off a little too much for his co-pilot. :shock:

Rob Liebbe
09-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry, I'm Bo, Michael can be Luke, and that leaves Todd Boss Hogg or Daisy depending on if he's wearing the wig or not (or the short shorts - eeeeewwwww!!!!). And in true Hazzard County style, my car was back on the track after a short commercial break and some creative come-along surgery.

AllZWay
09-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry, I'm Bo, Michael can be Luke, and that leaves Todd Boss Hogg or Daisy depending on if he's wearing the wig or not (or the short shorts - eeeeewwwww!!!!). And in true Hazzard County style, my car was back on the track after a short commercial break and some creative come-along surgery.

Really I think Todd is more like Rosco P. Coletrain..(officer of the CMC).

AI#97
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Really I think Todd is more like Rosco P. Coletrain..(officer of the CMC).

So who is Cooter and Enus?! :lol:

Adam Ginsberg
09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
So who is Cooter and Enus?! :lol:

Cooter = Matt White.

Enus = Glenn Landrum.

mitchntx
09-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Before someone assigns me a character, I'll take Uncle Jesse.

http://www.peterbrown.tv/dukedenver.JPG

Adam Ginsberg
09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
The age is right.....

AllZWay
09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Before someone assigns me a character, I'll take Uncle Jesse.

Not nearly grumpy enough. :P Pick again.

mitchntx
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks a load, James. Had a great time.
I really like dirt track racing, just not the grind of a weekly race.

How was the Cowboy game? Were you nervous going into half-time?

AllZWay
10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks a load, James. Had a great time.
I really like dirt track racing, just not the grind of a weekly race.

How was the Cowboy game? Were you nervous going into half-time?

Yep.. I had a good time at the races on Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed seeing you guys.

The game was great.....but yea just a few minutes before half it wasn't looking so good....then bam... a scoring explosion.

This really funny and cool guy was sitting in the family and friend section in front of me at the game and we cut during the game, but I had no idea who he was....but he did tell me his name later that he was a stand up comedian in California.

His name is Guy Torry and is also a actor and works some for ESPN.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0868956/[/url]