PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Smack Talk!

GlennCMC70
10-12-2007, 09:25 AM
w/ the new configuration of MSR-H, the track record should be up for grabs. any friendly wagers?

also, how about - whoever gets pole on Sat, buys dinner for everyone who finishes in front of them in R1?
same for Sun?

:)

michaelmosty
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
What is the new configuration at MSRH? I know they extended some of the run-off area but I wasn't aware of any on-track changes. I must have dozed off a little. :)

GlennCMC70
10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
i thought they rounded the inside of T1?

Fbody383
10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
i thought they rounded the inside of T1?

When I talked to them it sounds like T1 has a "slightly" larger radius and some camber.

ShadowBolt
10-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Smack talk.........okay I'm going to kick all your asses!

Jerry

GlennCMC70
10-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Smack talk.........okay I'm going to kick all your asses!

Jerry

let me guess, you bought a Camaro!?!? :P

Rob Liebbe
10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
OK - I'm gonna kick all your asses with my Mustang!!!!

ShadowBolt
10-12-2007, 09:03 PM
OK - I'm gonna kick all your asses with my Mustang!!!!

Yeah!

I know you are all afraid of me with my finishes from TWS.

JJ

Todd Covini
10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
My money's on Liebbe or Wirtz...those guys have the track down now and if they can stay out of trouble and each other, they'll be the ones to beat.

Glenn's car just can't turn in the big caruselle like it should.

(Ask me how I know...or watch the 2006 Season Recap Video!)

-=- Todd

Wirtz
10-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I really wish I could make it but I will need to miss out, I just got back into the States after an extended trip to Taiwan for work, and have not had time to finish work on the car. I'd like to get things fixed up right and not have to thrash it together.

Good luck to those going and have fun!
Jeff

Todd Covini
10-13-2007, 09:30 AM
$50 on Liebbe for the win!
$25 on Fernandez for 2nd.
$10 on Landrum for 3rd (he's a sure thing for 3rd).

$100 Trifecta for Sunday's Main event.

Place your bets now!!! :wink: :D

PS- Sorry to hear the news, Jeff.
We'll see you next season ready & raring to go...for the 2008 Championship! (My money's on you or me for 2008.) :twisted:

GlennCMC70
10-13-2007, 10:56 AM

We'll see you next season ready & raring to go...for the 2008 Championship! (My money's on you or me for 2008.) :twisted:

gotta make all the events first big boy.

ShadowBolt
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM

I'm hurt Todd. Nothing on CMC 17 for the win?

JJ

mitchntx
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM

I'm hurt Todd. Nothing on CMC 17 for the win?

JJ

Jerry ... you'll get used to it.
Just never let him drive your car.

Rob Liebbe
10-13-2007, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the confidence there Todd - sorry your teammate has so little confidence in you Al.

I may only make Sunday as I'm coaching a soccer game on Saturday morning. We'll have to see how it works out.

GlennCMC70
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
wtf guys? gonna let me have a clean sweep?

Rob Liebbe
10-13-2007, 08:39 PM

Think of it as a going away present.

ShadowBolt
10-13-2007, 09:39 PM

Not me. I gonna be all over your ass!
I would bet a Ford wins at least one race. You never know what could happen.

JJ

Todd Covini
10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Dark horses will be..
Michael Mosty...really steppin' it up.
Boudy...got his game on after Nats.
Proctor...always a podium potential...especially at MSRC.
JJ...new cage, and I read that the new cage will now win him new races.

Warren will sweep all CMC2 races....he's a sure thing.

Robertson, Kirsch & Cain will be duking it out for AI rookie of the year.
(My money is on Cain....but Robertson will sweep the weekend.)

Place your bets....

-=- Todd

ShadowBolt
10-14-2007, 12:42 PM
JJ...new cage, and I read that the new cage will now win him new races.

Maybe that is a little strong since all I have ever done is come in last.

JJ

Todd Covini
10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
(Just a little smack talk...sounds like you've done a bunch to the car. See if you can get out there on Friday and do nothing but laps with the car before the weekend starts!)

-=- Todd

AI#97
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Why is it that ONLY the CMC guys ever really have any smack talk when it comes to this kind of stuff? It seems like the AI racers never chime in start anything amongst themselves?

I do have a theory... :wink:

marshall_mosty
10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Why is it that ONLY the CMC guys ever really have any smack talk when it comes to this kind of stuff? It seems like the AI racers never chime in start anything amongst themselves?

We're just a happy bunch that doesn't need any trouble... 8)

AllZWay
10-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Dark horses will be..
Proctor...always a podium potential...especially at MSRC.

-=- Todd

I hope to do much better than last trip to MSRH.

My car was a problem and seriously hindered my results. I had a broken shock, lost spark plug wire, overheating cause my shroud collapsed and then last but not least... racing in the rain with slicks. So I had a number of excuses for last trip to MSRH.

BTW... anyone see the last Speed GT race in the rain on slicks? :shock:

GlennCMC70
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
those were on the same tires we run - Toyo RA1's. WC GT guys are a bunch of hacks! :wink:

AI#97
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM

well let's start some for the season finale!!

How about this? I will start on pit road with no warm up lap...any takers?! :lol:

GlennCMC70
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM

How about this? I will start on pit road with no warm up lap...any takers?! :lol:

i'll take ya up on that, if you loose the wing and splitter.
you already have a hp per lb advantage, so loose the areo.

AI#97
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM

i'll take ya up on that, if you loose the wing and splitter.
you already have a hp per lb advantage, so loose the areo.

Come on Glenn...if you are ever going to nut up...I mean step up to AI, you are going to have to bring the full package. Power and Aero are now an integral part of AI.

Besides, the front splitter is part of the bumper cover, not detachable like the guys with foxes in our group and the rear wing is just too good a place to put my lunch while I am eating. Keeps me from sitting down! :lol:

Otherwise, the offer still stands! :twisted:

GlennCMC70
10-15-2007, 06:27 PM
something about me needing to keep my CMC car legal thru the weekend in order to secure the regional championship keeps me from kicking your ass.

AI#97
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
something about me needing to keep my CMC car legal thru the weekend in order to secure the regional championship keeps me from kicking your ass.

AND a Laundry list of other things including fear and reason!!! :P

I thought you already had the region wrapped up? Do you just need one race to seal it? If so, pull the restrictor and take the CMC2 lap record from your partner at LAW!!! :wink:

GlennCMC70
10-15-2007, 07:28 PM
CMC is the priority at this point in time. everything else can wait till 2008.

plus, w/out doing engine mods, i cannot get close to the 9.5/9.0 lbs per hp/tq rule for AI due to not being able to get the car light enough and still be CMC/CMC-2 legal even w/ the plate pulled.

get your car up to the 13lbs per HP that CMC is at and i'll run you in CMC trim.

and why should i mod my car to play w/ you? you may not even show up. i'm a sure thing. if i missed this coming event, it would be my first.

plus, you cant win this one Matt. if i win, you will never hear the end of it. if you win, all you did was beat a CMC car...... big woop. i hear Robert B's car will be available to race this event, you should come play w/ us and use your Mad Skilz to show us what a CMC Ford can really do.

AI#97
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
get your car up to the 13lbs per HP that CMC is at and i'll run you in CMC trim.

4147lbs!!! :shock: Can I just tow 1000lb trailer behind me?!

If Boudy would like to see if someone can take a mustang to the front in CMC, he and I might have to talk! I just don't know what it would be like driving without ABS?....Probably like driving my 7500lb truck on 35's!!! :oops:

Glenn this is all in fun man! Besides, your the one that started asking me to take parts OFF the car to compete with you?

If you guys want true bedlam and caos on the track in Houston, why don't we suggest combining 5 run groups and grid them slowest to fastest...? Just no open wheel cars...

ShadowBolt
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
true bedlam and caos?

I would almost bet on it. See ya in Houston.

JJ

AI#97
10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
true bedlam and caos?

JJ

Damn, I think I just realized Glenn's spelling woes are contagious...now he ME and Jerry doing it too!!!

Chaos........ :(

ShadowBolt
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
true bedlam and caos?

JJ

Damn, I think I just realized Glenn's spelling woes are contagious...now he ME and Jerry doing it too!!!

Chaos........ :(

I knew it did not look right.

He can't spell cat if you spot him the c and the t "Hollywood" Henderson about Terry Bradshaw before one of the Steeler/Cowboy Super Bowls.

JJ

David Love AI27
10-16-2007, 06:27 PM

"I'm your huckleberry" 8) , better watch your mirrors.... new motor in the AIX 27 is supposed to be putting out close to 400hp... don't have time for dyno so we will have to see how she is on the track... new richmond 4 speed... New pads on all 4 corners... decent rubber... new camara mount... will point it backwards so you can see what the front splitter looks like fading out of view... all I need now is new sticker for rear bumper... "see you back in the padock"... :twisted:

DAMN, Matt... you just seem to bring out the devil in me... LOL

Motor will probably blow during practice!!!! :evil:

AI#97
10-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Great! Now the AIX guys are getting into it but the AI camp is still silent?!!!

Glad to hear you are getting things back together David! I know how it goes to trash a couple motors in a season and it ain't fun. I have actually dialed a few things back this year to keep the equipment healthy and plug the huge hole in my wallet from last year.

I am actually really wanting to see the new configuration for turn 1. If it's as fast as everyone says it is, I think I will be running AIX on saturday and AI on Sunday....would be cool to set two class records in one weekend!!!! :twisted:

cjlmlml
10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Here,

I had some extra of these and thought you guys could use them.

,,,,,,,,, hhhhhhhhh

AI#97
10-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Here,

I had some extra of these and thought you guys could use them.

,,,,,,,,, hhhhhhhhh

You bringing your newly freshened hooptie to Houston?!

cjlmlml
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Hooptie is retired for the season most likely, paycheck is going into the house for renovations. See you soon though .

David Love AI27
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Great! Now the AIX guys are getting into it but the AI camp is still silent?!!!

Glad to hear you are getting things back together David! I know how it goes to trash a couple motors in a season and it ain't fun. I have actually dialed a few things back this year to keep the equipment healthy and plug the huge hole in my wallet from last year.

I am actually really wanting to see the new configuration for turn 1. If it's as fast as everyone says it is, I think I will be running AIX on saturday and AI on Sunday....would be cool to set two class records in one weekend!!!! :twisted:

DUDE!?!?... I'm so dissapointed... such a calm and mature response... I posted just to try and "get your goat" and you iced me :( ... I believe I will take your advise and dial it back a bit. :roll: .. I just want to RACE!!!! :twisted: