PDA

View Full Version : Trailer dealers

Wirtz
10-14-2007, 06:26 PM
We have been toying around with the idea of getting a nice aluminum gooseneck trailer for the race weekend for a while now. I have been digging around on Racing Junk and Ebay looking for used stuff, but have not found what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dealer they had good luck with? I also rememeber there was a dealer making the rounds at the NASA races, but I did not save his info, anyone still have it around?

Thanks,
Jeff

mitchntx
10-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I also rememeber there was a dealer making the rounds at the NASA races, but I did not save his info, anyone still have it around?

Thanks,
Jeff

www.wacobill.com

Also, check with Clifton Winkleman ...

mitchntx
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Buy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-Freightliner-Haulmark-Hauler_W0QQitemZ320169038545QQihZ011QQcategoryZ807 66QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and I'll be your new best friend.

BryanL
10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Jeff,

Wacobill sounded like a good guy when I talked with him when I was searching for trailers.
My dad bought a trailer in OK from Rezners.

http://www.reznertrailers.com/motorsports.htm

You might want to talk to them. They carry aluminum trailers that are built by the Amish.

http://motivtrailers.com/

My dad got a steel enclosed from them and it is very nice.

Bryan

Al Fernandez
10-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Pat Stone is a long time CMC regular in Ca that owns a haulmark dealership. It might be a haul to get it out here, but its worth a phone call to the guy to see what he can do for you.

jeffburch
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, Pat Stone.
CW no longer works for WacoBill IIRC.
jb

Wirtz
10-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I had forgot about Pat, but like you said, might be worth a call. At this point I am doing research anyway and trying to understand what to be looking for.

Jeff

Wirtz
10-21-2007, 09:16 AM
So with that in mind, what feedback do any of you guys have that are using enclosed tags or GNs?

High level, I'm thinking;
- Keep it for a long time
- Aluminum gooseneck
- 36 to 40 feet
- insulated with AC / heat
- not a living quarters converstion, but keep the front nice enough we can camp the family if needed

Questions;
- The length needed for a car, some spares, maybe a quad or golf cart some day.
- Triple axles or dual?
- 50" plasma or just put a projection system in (ok, kidding about that, but fun to think about)

Jeff

GlennCMC70
10-21-2007, 10:06 AM
36' GN is big. i would go GN right now if i was to do it.
also look into generator storage. i've also been told of them coming w/ fuel taks for the race car built into the trailer. external flood lamps.

triple axle is a very good idea too.

mitchntx
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Jeff, you and family spent time in my 28' trailer. So use that as a reference.

A 36' GN has the same box as my 28' tag.

Heat? ... not in Texas. It would be seldom, if ever, be used.

Aluminum? There is some weight savings, but not enough to justify the extra cost IMHO.

GN vs tag ... tag will be cheaper. GN will pull better. A tag will make the ride rougher.

double vs triple ... the further apart you have the leading and trailing tires, the more side loading you will have on them when turning. A triple will yield more GVW. Check registration fees :shock: Mine is rated at 10K and it costs almost $100 to register it.