PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Archer "The Track Store" is gone!

ShadowBolt
10-19-2007, 11:28 AM
I have been trying to call him all week to make sure he was going to be at the track incase I needed tires. I was going to put two new shaved Toyo's on the front to match the two I out on the rear at TWS. I was thinking this was all I needed to kick GL and JB's ass. Well all week the message has been that this is Bobby's cell and to call back. Today the phone has been disconnected. I called PST and they confirmed Bobby is out of business. I need to buy two new tires. PST does not stock Toyo's at all. Glen, (or anyone else) do you have two tires you can sell me? If you do, is there someone that can mount them for me at MSRH or do I need to get them shipped here and mount them before I drive down to MSRH? Damn I hate not having tire support at the track.

I bet Bobby has tires available that he NEEDS to sell. Anyone know how to get hold of him?

Jerry

AI#97
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Call Vilven, tell them you are a CMC racer and they could probably have tires for you by Wednesday/thursday. Mount em at discount tire and voila!

There is a shop at MSRH that can also mount/balance for you but you are going to pay a trackside price....and stand in line!

donovan
10-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Call Vilven... even if you order Monday you should have them for the event next weekend.

DD

GlennCMC70
10-19-2007, 10:06 PM
let us know what comes of all this. i'm sure we can all bring something to get you thru the weekend.
i dont have any new tires. the best i have has about a day on them. the worste has a few weekends on them. they are the ones that allowed Libbie to get the pole on me at TWS.

ShadowBolt
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I could not get Vilven to answer the phone at 4:30 this afternoon so I ordered from JB's friend Phill. I don't know the difference in price but my tires shipped today. Great service for so late on a Friday!

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Phil's is good people. i pit'ed next to them at Mid Ohio. they gave me and Mitch free T shirts just so they wouldnt have to pack them and take them home. they were XXL's and i was afraid they were gonna be way to big. well i gotta say, they must grow them small up north, cause they fit more like an XL.

glad to see you got takes care of. see ya next week.

Boudy
10-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Hmmm... Sounds like a void that Argent Lab could step up to fill.

rb

jeffburch
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Ooo ooo, you gonna by a tire shaver, mounting machine and balancer!!!!!

:P
jb

Boudy
10-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Eeeaaaasy there great spender of Boudy's money. :lol: :lol:

All I can say is that I'm not opposed to it if I can see where it will make sense (read profit). Argent Lab hasn't exactly presented any windfalls as of yet...

rb

David Love AI27
10-21-2007, 10:08 AM

All I can say is that I'm not opposed to it if I can see where it will make sense (read profit). Argent Lab hasn't exactly presented any windfalls as of yet...

rb

Dude... I talked with friend last night and tried to put some numbers together.... unless you are selling parts and tires during the week, there is not enough profit even at double the price to justify providing trackside support... I bought at least $100.00 of stuff every time I saw the Archer trailer hoping to help keep him around while most avoided him and bitched about his prices...

GlennCMC70
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM

rb

Dude... I talked with friend last night and tried to put some numbers together.... unless you are selling parts and tires during the week, there is not enough profit even at double the price to justify providing trackside support... I bought at least $100.00 of stuff every time I saw the Archer trailer hoping to help keep him around while most avoided him and bitched about his prices...

well i tried to suport him too. that is untill he lied to me for 5 weeks straight to my face. he's also screwed over several other poeple i know. trust me, we are better off not having his type around. its bad that we have lost trackside suport, but someone will step up and fill that void. PST has already started working the TDE events, its only a matter of time before they fill in where Bobby left off. ask me on time at the track and i'll fill ya in on what happened to me, some friends, and about some auto theft stuff.

ShadowBolt
10-21-2007, 12:45 PM

rb

Yes sir! I always spent money with Bobby including purchasing all my tires from him. Without him my DE days would have cost double what they did (I bought Viper Racing League take off for $75.00 each). Also many times if not for Bobby I would have lost half a track weekend. I know there are all kinds of stories including the stolen car deal but if any of it is true why is he not in jail? I can take of leave Bobby but his track side service was a gread deal as far as I'm concerned. I have one thing in common with Bobby that may be why we got along so well. I too have had people that were key in my company leave and try to take all my customers. Thank God for me they all went broke! I have nothing against AJ or PST. Hell I spent thousands of dollars with them in the last three months. I thought the money I spent with Bobby was well worth it for track support.

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-21-2007, 02:36 PM
i think you need to re-word your comments about AJ. he may have left and he may have taken Bobby's customers (i'm one of them), but it was AJ that i went in to Bobby's to see and deal w/. AJ would have stayed had his paychecks not bounced for weeks on end. i know 3 of his employees well and they all worked for weeks on end w/ paychecks they were asked to not cash. AJ left cause he has a family.
i'll not try and speak for AJ, so i'll end it w/ that. there are two sides to a story, and one one is right. i've heard AJ's story from more than one of his former emplyees.

ShadowBolt
10-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't see what I would reword about AJ. I have no problem with him at all. AJ (and Dan) have been very helpfull to me. I have spent about four thousand dollars with him since I purchased CMC 17. I re-read the post and I did not say a word negitive about AJ?
Why he left Bobby is none of my business.
JJ

GlennCMC70
10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I have one thing in common with Bobby that may be why we got along so well. I too have had people that were key in my company leave and try to take all my customers. Thank God for me they all went broke! I have nothing against AJ or PST.

i took this as a jab at AJ. i guess i took it wrong. sorry.

ShadowBolt
10-21-2007, 05:10 PM
no prob

Boudy
10-22-2007, 03:05 AM

rb

Now, how and the hell could you bitch about Bobby's prices? He charged list for everything... Oh, wait, so does everyone else in the parts business. I've purchased items from Smiley's, Day Motorsports, PST, Jegs, Summit, Dallas Mustang, Maximum Motorsports, Mr. Archer, and many others. One thing I've never gotten was a deal. However, your numbers didn't add up for very good reasons. You can't just load up a trailer with tires and parts for event weekends and expect to make a viable profit. Racers don't make the majority of parts expeditures from trackside support trailers. In fact, only a very small portion of the average racer's budget is spent at the track. The pursuit of this small percentage of total dollars spent would be a futal effort at a marginal profit, at best. Just ask Bobby... Argent Lab made a similar mistake in assuming that a viable profit could be made by selling only one product, radios. Reality proved that it would take more than just a racer's radio budget to pay the bills. If you don't have access to the larger portions of a racer's parts budget, your doomed. I may be looking at Bobby's exit as a possible opportunity but in my case, it's an opportunity that's part of a much larger picture.

rb