PDA

View Full Version : Any other newbies going to be at MSRH?

ShadowBolt
10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Last time I was at MSRH (doing Racecraft) there was one or two new guys in CMC. One guys name was Chuck (I don't know if he post here). Anyone know if he or any other newbies will be at this weekends event? I want to be able to race someone! It could take me two or three races to be up beating on JB and GL.

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Chuck Penny.
i'm not sure about racing, but i did see an email about 3-4 guys will be doing racecraft this event getting ready for CMC/AI for 2008. be on the lookout for these guys and welcome them w/ open arms. answer any and all of the questions they may have. we were all new once and in need of some assistance.

AI#97
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I think Mason still has a couple races from the back to complete. They should be there shaking down the new race car!

Fbody383
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
answer any and all of the questions they may have. we were all new once and in need of some assistance.

I'm coming on Sunday to meet some more folks and take some good notes on cage layouts.

I would like to take some cage pictures and will ask you before I do.

ShadowBolt
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm looking for some of that just left doing DE's and thinks he will win in his first race kind of action. Can you imagine anyone thinking that they could move over from doing DE's and win right off the bat and all they had to do is purchase a past champions car to do it? The pompousness of some people! I will not mention any names. LOL

JJ

mitchntx
10-22-2007, 04:05 PM
You crack me up, Jerry.

:lol:

AI#97
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm looking for some of that just left doing DE's and thinks he will win in his first race kind of action. Can you imagine anyone thinking that they could move over from doing DE's and win right off the bat and all they had to do is purchase a past champions car to do it? The pompousness of some people! I will not mention any names. LOL

JJ

LOL! I came pretty damn close my first weekend!!! But wasn't a champion's car!

Rob Liebbe
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM

JJ

Moving from DE to racing is a humbling experience to be sure. Ask me how I know. Don't give up and soon you'll be rubbin' red paint on the back of Burch's car.

jeffburch
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
WAaaa?

:evil:

jb

GlennCMC70
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Jerry, i'll use myself as an example.
in March of 2005 (my first wheel to wheel weekend) my best lap was a 1:28.1xx
i had been running MSR-C since 1999 in my 98 Camaro, so i knew the track.
this past year i clicked off a 1:24.3xx.

you will get there. we all start off slow and work up to it. keep chuggin along.

Alien
10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll be there, but still just putting along in HPDE.

GlennCMC70
10-22-2007, 10:10 PM
to all and any future AI/CMC'ers: do your best to park w/ the AI/CMC group. its what we do. it works out nice and we all have a better time when we do it.

BryanL
10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I plan on doing Racecraft this weekend.

Glenn if I arrive later where does the CMC group park in H-town?

Fbody383-come by and say hi to talk about old camaro's. I'll be in the dirty black Camaro with Jeff Gordon's number.

Shadow-just sign up for CMC-2 and you should get a podium.

Bryan

evarner
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Jerry, don't be shy about asking one or some of the front runners to do a lead/follow with you. One sure way to come up to speed quickly. In-car communication would also help during a few laps of lead/follow during one of the other sessions besides practice or qual.

I don't want to speak for them, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping out and everyone knows that running alone on-track is no fun at all. However, if you do find yourself with no one around, concentrate on each and every corner, hitting all entrance-middle-exit points. A video camera is an absolute must to help put moving pictures with lap times.

Passenger seat would also help to get someone in the car and take turns seat hopping.

I have no doubt they will be able to point out where you could gain time and before you know it.... you are right in the middle of it all. :D Same goes with anyone new to the series.

Or, I could let you borrow my Zen garden <kidding of course>

My Fortune Cookie messages that I received from the past few times at the Chinese Buffet:

The first step to better times is to imagine them.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Your past success will be overshadowed by your future win.

I predict you will win this weekend.

Varner out.

Adam Ginsberg
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Very well put, Eric. Take his advice, Jerry.

Oh...and have fun.

AI#97
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.

Your past success will be overshadowed by your future win.

I am going to work on the first one here as I like the sound of it.

The second one will be a nice start to working on number 1!!!

MW

Fbody383
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Fbody383-come by and say hi to talk about old camaro's. I'll be in the dirty black Camaro with Jeff Gordon's number.

Who's Jeff Gordon? Isn't he the Honda Super Aguri backmarker?

I'm planning on driving the 1st gen down since the weather is supposed to be nice. Just ignore the ugly bits; I stopped working on pretty once I got it on the road again.

What time is the track open and is it cheaper if somebody gets me in on a pit pass?

David