PDA

View Full Version : OK Guys...Now I need your help!!!

Todd Covini
10-23-2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2541

(It's in the last paragraph for you AI guys who may get dis-interested halfway thru.)

-=- T

PS- If you're interested in helping design/build something, send me a PM.

Al Fernandez
10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Since out in CA the annual CMC trophy is a con rod that used to be in John Force's funny car...we should keep a similar trend.

How about a con rod and piston out of a WC car mounted on a stand, with a signature or something from Lou Gigliotti (hey, like him or not, he's a true road racing guy, in Texas, with whom several CMC guys have been associated, who's actually tried to get parts allowed into CMC, and perhaps most importantly....who we stand a chance of getting in on the act. Michael Schumaker doesnt return my calls :lol: )

Plus there'd have to be plenty of space to add a name each year.

The CMC Piston Cup

ShadowBolt
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
How about a bent up fender off CMC17 with Eric Varner's name on it? I'll even supply the fender.

Just kidding of course.

Then there is always the Wayne Manor award or the John George trophy.

Okay even I know when I've gone too far.

JJ

mitchntx
10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I have an SBC connecting rod. If someone can come up with a SBF connecting rod, those could be cleaned, polished and mounted to a nice piece of wood on either side of a large open space where new names could be engraved and added.

This is something Moonlight Printing and Graphics could create and probably make the series a reasonable deal on. They created the trophies/awards given to competitors at the Pontiac Southern Nationals race and car show. Quite impressive.

http://www.pfyc.com/supportfiles/events/psnlogo.jpg

http://images.highperformancepontiac.com/events/0401pon_snats_18_z.jpg

jeffburch
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
I can get Richard Painter to supply any of this if decided.
I like the fender idea.

I'd rather see a big heavy cup with lots of area to engrave on.
A cup that actually holds fluids for true celabratory libations.
Then, just before returning it, the champ does a duece in it (just like the Stanley Cup).

jb

Adam Ginsberg
10-23-2007, 01:19 PM
It just so happens I have a complete set of eight, 5.0L SBF con-rods with pistons attached.

It would be an honor to donate them for a trophy.

donovan
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I have the fender off my car from Nationals... it looks real good too...

I also have a twisted Con Rod w/ pistion from the front stretch at TWS...

Todd Covini
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Hmmmm....howsabout 4 SBF and 4 SBC pistons welded together on a trophy platter in CMC medly fashion!?!?!

Just Cerebral Misting.

-=- T

AI#97
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Then, just before returning it, the champ does a duece in it (just like the Stanley Cup).

jb

That's one way to ensure being a repeat champion!!! :shock:

mitchntx
10-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Hmmmm....howsabout 4 SBF and 4 SBC pistons welded together on a trophy platter in CMC medly fashion!?!?!

Just Cerebral Misting.

-=- T

Festive ... but overly done, don't you think?

David Love AI27
10-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Since out in CA the annual CMC trophy is a con rod that used to be in John Force's funny car...we should keep a similar trend.

How about a con rod and piston out of a WC car mounted on a stand, with a signature or something from Lou Gigliotti (hey, like him or not, he's a true road racing guy, in Texas, with whom several CMC guys have been associated, who's actually tried to get parts allowed into CMC, and perhaps most importantly....who we stand a chance of getting in on the act. Michael Schumaker doesnt return my calls :lol: )

Plus there'd have to be plenty of space to add a name each year.

The CMC Piston Cup

I have a collection of bent rods and pistons... was planning on an award from LiiR for the champions but it would be better coming from the "group"...