PDA

View Full Version : 3 Races = New CMC Champ

RichardP
10-23-2007, 04:43 PM
With the announcement that there will be three races at the season ending MSR Houston event this weekend, a new CMC Champion has been crowned.* Congratulations to Glenn Landrum. He is your 2007 NASA Texas CMC Champion.

Glenn joins David Donovan in American Iron and Mitch Warren in CMC 2 who have already clinched their respective class championships. Likely to join this prestigious group is Matt White who only needs to see the green flag in any one of this weekends three races to clinch the AIX class championship. Congratulations again to all these folks.

There will still be some good racing this weekend as there is still a fierce battle for second place in CMC. You will have to wait till the final lap of Sunday’s race to see how the rest of the CMC podium will shape up.

Richard P.

*Increasing the number of races run or having any of the races count for double points would invalidate (more likely, delay) this result.

GlennCMC70
10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Dayum Richard! i was typing an email to the other directors about this to have them double check me while you were posting this.

anyways, i'll still be there w/ the car this event as will David D for AI.

CMC 2nd-4th places are only 13 points apart w/ the two current drops (we get 3 this year). its going to be a barn burner for sure. not to put any pressure on Rueth/Dawdy, Proctor, and Mosty. :P

jeffburch
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Congratulations Glenn :!: :!: :!:

jb

donovan
10-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Congrats!!!

Yes, I'm working on the car... It may still be a little ugly from Mid-Ohio...

I need to read up on that 50/50 rule again... :shock:

DD

RichardP
10-23-2007, 05:47 PM
anyways, i'll still be there w/ the car this event as will David D for AI.

Ooops, my caveats were not complete enough. You have clinched only if you don’t race CMC as Glenn Landrum this weekend. If you raced in CMC this weekend and were disqualified (punting, under weight, blown dyno, etc.) you would have zeros that you could not drop and could easily loose the championship. :shock:

As an alternative, you could declare a team (say Landrum/Warren) and race as that team in CMC. Any disqualifications would be against the team and not you. Another option would be to race CMC 2. You could clinch 2nd in that class. :wink:

Interestingly enough, David and Mitch can race in their respective classes this weekend without worrying about being disqualified for a race. :D

Richard P.

AllZWay
10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
WTG for the already crowned champs!!

Now Glenn....run in CMC2 and let someone else have some love this season. :wink:

mitchntx
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Congrats to Glenn, David and Matt.

Nicely done.

Waco Racer
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
As an alternative, you could declare a team (say Landrum/Warren) and race as that team in CMC. Any disqualifications would be against the team and not you. Another option would be to race CMC 2. You could clinch 2nd in that class. :wink:

Richard P.

Actually - 22.4.2 Declaration
The drivers must declare the team for any class(es) before either of the drivers has participated in their first race of the season in that class(es). The declaration must be done in writing to the NASA local office.

No he can't.

donovan
10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Well then CMC -2

or

22.5 Fun Runs
A driver may be allowed to participate in a race and be classified as a “fun run.” A fun
run will not earn any trophies, points, team points, prize money, etc. Cars must comply
with ALL applicable safety rules. The Race Director must approve fun run entries before
the start of the race. No lap records should be awarded to any driver or team that is
participating in a fun run.

donovan
10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
or

22.6 Non-Points Runs
Any driver may declare the voluntary forfeiture of his/her season points in any give race
by simply notifying the Race Director or Event Chairman before the race. This allows
visiting or occasional series drivers a chance to compete for prize money, prizes, and
trophies, without interfering in the season points hunt for the series regulars. This is an
act of good sportsmanship. Any driver that declares “non-points” may do so for as many
races as they like, including the entire season, simply by notifying the NASA office. If
the driver is running “non-points,” it is most beneficial to let the other drivers know, and
the drivers’ meeting is an excellent place to do this. All “non-points” drivers are entitled
to collect everything else associated with their finishing position (if eligible), however
they are subject to impound and inspection the same as anyone else, and their car must
be legal. If there are doubts about legality, it is advised to check CCR section #22.5.
The “non-points” driver would be listed in the results in their proper place, however their
points will go to the next lowest placing driver, and all the rest of the points would shift
down one (1) place.

GlennCMC70
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM

Now Glenn....run in CMC2 and let someone else have some love this season. :wink:

come on, if i run CMC-2 and you beat me, you realy didnt cause i'm in CMC-2.
CMC #70 needs some new shoes. gotta run for the Bucks! :P

no worries of a DQ. i've been dynoed about 5-6 times this year. i still have the ballast from Mid Ohio in the car. i'll be fine boys.

RichardP
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
The drivers must declare the team for any class(es) before either of the drivers has participated in their first race of the season in that class(es). The declaration must be done in writing to the NASA local office.

No he can't.

The specific wording of that rule is important. The key is that a team does not have to be declared before “the” first race of the season. It has to be declared before “their” first race. The reality being that you can not gather points as a team before the team is declared. They have not raced as a team and would have to declare their team (in writing) before they could do so.

The point of the rule is to prohibit a driver from doing part of a season and then trying to add another driver when he figures out that he can’t make an event or something.

Logically, the point of a team is to share in gathering points for a season championship. Therefore, it doesn’t really make sense to declare a team mid season. But that doesn’t mean you can’t. :)

Richard P.

donovan
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM

no worries of a DQ. i've been dynoed about 5-6 times this year. i still have the ballast from Mid Ohio in the car. i'll be fine boys.

I would be more worried about on-track stuff that might cause a DQ...

DD

RichardP
10-23-2007, 08:05 PM

If you ran CMC under a different team, you would still be good for Toyo Bucks. :D

no worries of a DQ.

We'd have to start calling you Hamilton or something if you mess this one up... :D

Richard P.

mitchntx
10-23-2007, 08:06 PM

DD

I think David has just posted a public threat ... :shock:

GlennCMC70
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
being that i do not need to pass anyone all weekend, i'll be more discriminant about when and where.

this is bringing back the 2005 end of year event were i got sealed and dyno'ed. that cost me the Rookie of the Year and 2nd place in season points. i dropped to 5th out of that.
the smart thing to do would not show at all. the competitive thing to do is race all out down to the last race. the fun thing to do would be not qual and start from the back. i'll buy dinner for those i dont pass in the race - both days. or drive a Ford all weekend. the only one i could fit in hit a tree a few months back. oh well. :wink:
the last thing i want to do it mess w/ the 2nd-4th battle. but by not racing, that would interfear w/ it. i've been a factor in everyones points all year.

who knows what i'll do. i wanna race.

GlennCMC70
10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
also, thanks for all the attention. i've never felt so loved! :wink:

mitchntx
10-23-2007, 08:51 PM
With the announcement that there will be three races at the season ending MSR Houston event this weekend, a new CMC Champion has been crowned.* Congratulations to Glenn Landrum. He is your 2007 NASA Texas CMC Champion.

Glenn joins David Donovan in American Iron and Mitch Warren in CMC 2 who have already clinched their respective class championships. Likely to join this prestigious group is Matt White who only needs to see the green flag in any one of this weekends three races to clinch the AIX class championship. Congratulations again to all these folks.

When the decision for a 3 race weekend was made, do you think that this immediate effect was considered?

I mean, the smart play would be to NOT show up and take the region championship.

The fun play would then use the $300+ entry fee at a track I hate and use it towards the $250 November 10/11 event in Colorado with the Rocky Mtn guys.

GlennCMC70
10-23-2007, 09:02 PM
my enrty is comp'ed this event. there is no risk w/ that.
all along i was counting on 4 races. w/ that in mind, i knew wherei had to finish each race if Morgan and Cory won each race. i was shocked as anyone w/ the 3 race format. but we did decide as a group earlier this year to do them this way and stopped doing it for the summer due to heat. it makes sence to go back to the default. i had no idea that was what was going to happen.

see you guys in a few days.

donovan
10-24-2007, 06:29 AM

DD

I think David has just posted a public threat ... :shock:

Why not, my car already looks like a saturday night bomber class car...
:P

Well, just the driver side...

AI#97
10-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Glenn could always run AI!! :lol:

Count no chickens till they are hatched!!!

<---Keeping fingers crossed that all will go well this weekend for all of us.

Waco Racer
10-24-2007, 08:18 AM

No he can't.

The specific wording of that rule is important. The key is that a team does not have to be declared before “the” first race of the season. It has to be declared before “their” first race. The reality being that you can not gather points as a team before the team is declared. They have not raced as a team and would have to declare their team (in writing) before they could do so.

The point of the rule is to prohibit a driver from doing part of a season and then trying to add another driver when he figures out that he can’t make an event or something.

Logically, the point of a team is to share in gathering points for a season championship. Therefore, it doesn’t really make sense to declare a team mid season. But that doesn’t mean you can’t. :)

Richard P.

22.4.2 Declaration

Are you sure?

Waco Racer
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
My guess is that Glenn will show up and race in CMC and drive/act like the Champion he is.

Waco Racer
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
CONGRATS GLENN!!

RichardP
10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
22.4.2 Declaration

Are you sure?

Yes, I’m completely sure. It’s before either of the drivers has participated as part of that team in that class.

It’s not any different than Todd and Al competing as Team Taconandez. They both have race cars. They declared a team. If they both show up for the same race, they can’t both get points for the team. Todd can race and gather points for Todd or he can race and gather points as the Team. Al can race as Al or as the Team. They have to declare ahead of time who is gathering points for the team. If they both go out but don’t declare ahead of time who is racing for the team, then the lowest placed finisher is the one that gathers the team points. They could also both decide to race as themselves and gather no points for the team.

If Glenn declared a team with someone at this point, that team would not yet have raced this season and would have no points. Before Glenn went out on track, he would have to declare whether he was gathering points for Glenn or whether he was gathering points for his Team.

Richard P.

Waco Racer
10-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Team Taconandez declared before either Al or Todd participated in the CMC class this year. Glenn has not declared a CMC team for this year but has raced in CMC this year. Therefore he cannot declare as part of a CMC team for this season.

RichardP
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Team Taconandez declared before either Al or Todd participated in the CMC class this year. Glenn has not declared a CMC team for this year but has raced in CMC this year. Therefore he cannot declare as part of a CMC team for this season.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here...

Richard P.

donovan
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Here is a scenario for you...

So, Driver A and Driver B both race at the first event of the season... both collect points for Series X as individuals... but one crashes out or blows his engine...

Both are buddies and decide that for the rest of the season they are going to form Team AB and run the rest of the season as Team AB with their one good racecar and use the first event as their Drop...

Are you saying we could not do that???
That would be DUMB! and I disagree! We should be able to do that!

DD

AI#97
10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
please don't turn this into the SCCA....

<-----stands down off soapbox.

Al Fernandez
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I love it: "dont pull a Hamilton" :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Glenn, particularly on your well deserved championship but also on your decision to come out and race and play even though you dont have to.

Waco Racer
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry I dumbed up this thread.
CCR - 17.5.4
Maybe I should just retire because I am not as smart as Texas AI/CMC. See y'all down the road.

donovan
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry I dumbed up this thread.
CCR - 17.5.4
Maybe I should just retire because I am not as smart as Texas AI/CMC. See y'all down the road.

Has someone hacked your account?

:o

michaelmosty
10-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Sorry for the late reply, congrats on the Championship Glenn!!!!!
See ya tomorrow and I look forward to an awesome final event of the year. Get your blue Gatorade ready. :P