PDA

View Full Version : FS: 94 Formula Firebird CMC car.

GlennCMC70
11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
this car just had its build started today. should be ready just in time for the 2008 season no problem and earlier if we know you need it sooner.
it will have the NASA legal CMC cage as a foundation to build on later or write the check and get it built the way you want it. its metallic green and the paint is in very good shape.
available as a roller only or turn key from mild ($8K) to wild ($20K).
this car is getting built by the same two guys who built CMC#70 (TX). one of the most reliable CMC cars built. if you want the "arrive and drive" car, this ones your ride. if your serious about winning, this ones your ride.

we are also leaving in all the exterior lights and the windshield wipers so as to be great for enduro's.

GlennCMC70
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
update.
we had a very productive weekend and the cage is 90% done. should be no problem to finish this up over the next week.
the car should be done by years end. if you thinking of purchasing a CMC car for 2008, you owe it to yourself to take a look at this one first. not too late to tell us how you want it.
if its not sold by Feb, i'll drive this car at the first event of the 2008 season. and it will be availble for rent for the MSR Cresson date.

contact us @ information@LAWMotorsports.net

Todd Covini
11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm...will Varner buy from his arch-nemesis, Landrum?!?!

Stay tuned, bat-fans...

Same bat time...

Same bat channel...

:twisted:

GlennCMC70
11-25-2007, 10:03 PM
dont trash up my post.

Todd Covini
11-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry. Trying to find Varner a car.

If someone is going to defeat the current CMC champion, I think it's going to take either a Varner or a Covini...whatever the platform...doesn't matter. :wink:

=- T

ShadowBolt
11-25-2007, 11:24 PM
If someone is going to defeat the current CMC champion, I think it's going to take either a Varner or a Covini...whatever the platform...doesn't matter. :wink:

=- T

Todd,
you don't really believe that, do you? The whatever the platform...doesn't matter part.

This ( the Mustang) certainly is not what is keeping me at the rear but I want another car (I want two) and I don't want two different brands to keep spare parts for. I am afraid to buy another Mustang and if I get good enough to win be stuck with two cars not good enough to win. I have even thought about calling Glen about this build. I don't want this to be the regular BS thread about GM/Ford in CMC but what is a new guy to do? If you go with a GM car you know for sure the platform will not keep you out of the winner's circle!

JJ

Todd Covini
11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
dont trash up my post.

pre-empting Glenn.

mitchntx
11-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Jerry, you make some very valid points. Stocking the shelves with spares can get expensive. I have no answer for that dilemma.

As it's looking now, this car will be a great car.

I picked up a 97 60K mile LT1 pullout. So it's got all the "refinements" GM built into the platform.

At this point, we are planning on using the stock gauge cluster and stock wiring harness, trimmed back, of course.

We hope to have the cage finished and dash installed next weekend, followed shortly by the drivetrain install.

The car really isn't that far away.

AI#97
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Jerry, you make some very valid points. Stocking the shelves with spares can get expensive. I have no answer for that dilemma.

I picked up a 97 60K mile LT1 pullout. So it's got all the "refinements" GM built into the platform.

At this point, we are planning on using the stock gauge cluster and stock wiring harness, trimmed back, of course.

We hope to have the cage finished and dash installed next weekend, followed shortly by the drivetrain install.

Rental at Cresson eh?! Might that include a Friday of practice? rates?

mitchntx
11-26-2007, 09:32 AM

Rental at Cresson eh?! Might that include a Friday of practice? rates?

We are still researching the rental rate.

From what I have gathered from other shops offering rental cars for racing applications, it seems to hover around $1500/day or $2500 for a 2 day weekend. The person renting the car would be responsible for fuel and repairs due to contact or driver error.

If you buy the car within 10 days of the rental, the rental fees will apply towards the purchase price.

Right now, this only applies to MSR-C NASA Texas regional event. LAW MS doesn't have the infrastructure to carry multiple cars to tracks farther away.

mitchntx
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Update ...

Cage is finished.
Rear diff is installed with suspension
Motor is out

Next weekend ...

Drivetrain install
Front suspension

Pics coming soon.

GlennCMC70
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
this car is on track for completion by the end of the month. should have it outon track for a shakedown run by mid January.

Todd Covini
12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Put a rush on it.
Bunch of us will be at the TWS MSC on 12/17....I can help shake it down if you'd like! 8)

-=- Todd

mitchntx
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Put a rush on it.
Bunch of us will be at the TWS MSC on 12/17....I can help shake it down if you'd like! 8)

-=- Todd

If Glenn buys me out, you MIGHT stand a chance.

:roll:
8)

mitchntx
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Pics coming soon.

http://www.lawmotorsports.net/Chassis4.html

8)

Al Fernandez
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Its just beautiful. That is a great example of a good cage.

mitchntx
12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks, Al.

As James can atest, Glenn and I fight like brothers when doing these things. But it's because we just don't settle and we keep each other in check.

The constant questioning and justifying gets a little old, sometimes. But it makes for a good product, I think.

AllZWay
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks, Al.

As James can atest, Glenn and I fight like brothers when doing these things. But it's because we just don't settle and we keep each other in check.

The constant questioning and justifying gets a little old, sometimes. But it makes for a good product, I think.

It is actually quite comical.... " I dig it when chicks fight."

Waco Racer
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/818590/funny_catfight/[/url]

ShadowBolt
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Put a rush on it.

-=- Todd

If Glenn buys me out, you MIGHT stand a chance.

:roll:
8)

Mitch, are you saying that if Todd drives the car you want nothing else to do with it (or Glenn)?

JJ

mitchntx
12-04-2007, 06:21 PM
No, I'm saying if Glenn buys me out, he can let others drive the car and, consequently, is responsible for the aftermath.

My track record in doing this is not that great. 8)

GlennCMC70
12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
from where i stand, all those T-5 guys can pound sand. you put an extra gear in there and they drive it like a lenco. :roll:

GlennCMC70
12-22-2007, 08:36 PM
just an update.
the car is 90% mechanically done. need to install the cooling system and bleed brakes and P/S system.
last item left on the big "to do" list - wiring. that task gets started tomorrow. car should be running by the time we hold our Annual Banquet on Jan 12th.
this is gonna be a really nice car. all the hard work done right. there is some room for a few upgrades, but those are all bolt on type items.
this car will be a great CMC/CMC-2 car.

AI#97
12-23-2007, 07:00 PM
from where i stand, all those T-5 guys can pound sand. you put an extra gear in there and they drive it like a lenco. :roll:

T56 man here! Good to see you guys are getting it done. Kudos.

GlennCMC70
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
i dont think its too bad either considering this car was basically a rolling chassis when we started.

separated the "gotta go" wires from the "gotta stay" wires today. i'll start next week w/ wiring it up. should take a couple days to wire the whole car.

mitchntx
12-26-2007, 07:28 PM
You know it's getting close when the battery is installed. :wink:

mitchntx
12-27-2007, 09:33 PM
You know it's even closer when you begin hiding all the secret squirrel LAW MS "stuff".

Todd Covini
12-27-2007, 11:50 PM
http://www.kittens-lair.net/store/en/articles/img104.jpg

GlennCMC70
12-28-2007, 09:00 AM
right Todd, like we are the only ones w/ secrets about the '08 season. :roll:
:P

Boudy
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Secrets? Who's got secrets? Enquiring minds want to know.

rb

mitchntx
01-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Secrets? Who's got secrets? Enquiring minds want to know.

rb

Write a check and you can find out everything done to the 94 Formie ...

Jeremy Gunter
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Write a check and you can find out everything done to the 94 Formie ...

You mean I can write a check for that car?

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
yep! but getting it out of the shop before the check clears is a whole nutha matter.

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
and then there is the confidentiality agreement you sign too. you can buy the secrets, but you cant sell them.

Jeremy Gunter
01-09-2008, 07:41 PM
seriously? that made me laugh :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
i see no smileys in my post.

Todd Covini
01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
NOTE- Value of the secrets go to nil after the first race when a Fox Mustang whoops yo' butt.

Boudy
01-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Tell em' Todd.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 11:18 PM
you two hacks know anyone in a Fox who knows anything about ass's and how they are kicked?
i welcome the challenge. this pirate is getting board.

Todd Covini
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
http://z.about.com/d/landscaping/1/0/p/D/goofy_pirate.jpg

AI#97
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
you two hacks know anyone in a Fox who knows anything about ass's and how they are kicked?

Trust me, there has been enough effort to get said person to return and hand all the f-bods their behinds... alas, that car is for sale so I doubt he will race it. I only wish I could afford it then I would come out and give it a go! :lol:

ShadowBolt
01-10-2008, 08:59 AM

Trust me, there has been enough effort to get said person to return and hand all the f-bods their behinds... alas, that car is for sale so I doubt he will race it. I only wish I could afford it then I would come out and give it a go! :lol:

Here here! The top F-bod guys don't want said person back to kick their ass. Said person is NEVER go to say he is sorry for what he did! Right or wrong, it's hard to say sorry for something you are not sorry for doing. I don't really think it's that car so much (even though I would like to have it) as it is said driver being on another level. Of course we will most likely never know.

JJ

GlennCMC70
01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
as good as think "said person" is, it takes more than a single race to prove it to me. run a full season and get back w/ me. until then its just "internet folklore".

mitchntx
01-10-2008, 09:54 AM

You guys crack me up, tap dancing around issues ...

I talked with WAYNE at length about coming back and how much he is missed.

Maybe its an apology, maybe it's not. I don't know and didn't hear it from his mouth.

But he is a racer and would be a great addition to this group.

jeffburch
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Here here! The top F-bod guys don't want said person back to kick their ass. Said person is NEVER go to say he is sorry for what he did! Right or wrong, it's hard to say sorry for something you are not sorry for doing. I don't really think it's that car so much (even though I would like to have it) as it is said driver being on another level. Of course we will most likely never know.
JJ

I'm sure the race director will take the above into consideration albeit heresy.

jb

AI#97
01-10-2008, 11:32 AM

I totally agree.

ShadowBolt
01-10-2008, 01:25 PM

You guys crack me up, tap dancing around issues ...

Maybe its an apology, maybe it's not. I don't know and didn't hear it from his mouth.

I also agree but it's just not going to happen. I just called Wayne to ask him if his ears were burning and he and Joe Johnson are driving into Las Vegas to go to Carroll Shelby's 85th B-Day party. They are also picking up a new 2008 Shelby Mustang (that Ford is providing) that they are going to instruct some big wigs in at a track event associated with the Shelby party weekend. He is just not interested in racing right now......said he is having too much fun doing what he is doing with absolutly NO drama. I just let him know that several here would like to see him come back. He said thanks for letting him know.

Now back to the reason this thread was started.
Wish I was willing to screw with two cars because this one is nice!

JJ

Todd Covini
01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I too have spoken to Wayne a few times and welcomed him back to no avail.

AI#97
01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I also agree but it's just not going to happen. I just called Wayne to ask him if his ears were burning and he and Joe Johnson are driving into Las Vegas to go to Carroll Shelby's 85th B-Day party. They are also picking up a new 2008 Shelby Mustang (that Ford is providing) that they are going to instruct some big wigs in at a track event associated with the Shelby party weekend. He is just not interested in racing right now......said he is having too much fun doing what he is doing with absolutly NO drama. I just let him know that several here would like to see him come back. He said thanks for letting him know.

Now back to the reason this thread was started.
Wish I was willing to screw with two cars because this one is nice!

JJ

Yeah, I talked to John about that a couple days ago. Sounds like a blast. I think Jeff Lacina hooked them up on that deal....of course, I never got a phone call.... :wink:

Todd Covini
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
You're too optimistic now, Matt.
Stop being such a nice guy.

LOL...j/k

1000 smiley faces