PDA

View Full Version : Nat's 2007 CMC vid by SpeedCast Productions!

GlennCMC70
11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
here is the link.
http://drivenasa.com/championships/Camaro-Mustang-Challenge-video.html

here is the direct link. its also downloadable, right click and save as.
http://blip.tv/file/get/Speedcast-The2007NASACamaroMustangChallengeChampionships528. wmv

AllZWay
11-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Very nice video.... although Burch sort of stunk up the side by side for the lead stuff. :D Great Job guys.

Todd Covini
11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Nice job, guys!!! Great Race...even better on tape!

Man...that commentator did a great job with the vivacious vernacular! :wink: :lol:

Glenn...I would normally give you a hard time about standing on a footstool and pumping your chest out for the post-race interview, however, you did such an awesome job behind the wheel and conducting the interview that I'll let it slide. :twisted:

-=- Todd

mitchntx
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
:lol:

GlennCMC70
11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
i'm sure your pissed that i didnt thank you. sorry.

Fbody383
11-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Man...that commentator... vivacious vernacular!

effervescent parlance?

I done thought this here was racin'...

Al Fernandez
11-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Vivaceous vernacular or not...that was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. A couple of technical inconsistencies or mistakes notwithstanding, I thought the commentary was great. I am glad from the outside its easy to see just how often and how far we're drifting these cars (Glenn in particular!)

With better camera coverage for replays and action throughout the pack...this is every bit as good a show as any other road race series on TV.

Fbody383
11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
this is every bit as good a show as any other road race series on TV.

It's much better... you know all the characters up close and you can play in their sandbox. Makes a guy want to finish a car.

Waco Racer
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
It's much better... you know all the characters up close and you can play in their sandbox. Makes a guy want to finish a car.

or start one

jeffburch
11-15-2007, 02:11 PM
:roll: yeah right :roll:

:P
jb

Waco Racer
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah, the competition is too tough in Texas.

Bite me stick boy. :twisted:

Al Fernandez
11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Now that was funny :lol:

Brian, Clifton...you guys gotta get out there with us...get that V8 juice!!

Boudy
11-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Bite me stick boy. :twisted:

Bean Pole Faggot, Yoda, Stick Boy... Oh hell, I forgot the rest of the list.

Since I've got skins in the game, I'll say it, the video fell far short of it's potential. It was very short sighted to place cameras in the top 4 cars. As a result, there is absolutely no footage of anything else. The fifth place car was barely mentioned and 4 or 5 cars were in a fierce dog fight for most of the race but barely a word. This video had good potential but instead 95 percent of it focused on 1st - 4th where only 1 pass took place the entire race. I sponsored it in hopes of an action packed production that would get potential CMC racers excited and ultimately help the series. There won't be another one if I have to pay for it. I'll spend the money to produce in myself first.

rb

GlennCMC70
11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
well i'm glad you did it. regardless of what we got, it was far better than what some groups got (nothing). ours was better than the AI(X) vid too (i think so anyways). could it have been better? sure. but short of having a camera in every car, who knows what would have happened if the 4 were spread out. it could have just as easily ended up w/ the JB view on every car w/ a camera.
i'm glad we have it, and it will add to the exposure of CMC and in a good way.

Boudy
11-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Sure Glenn, it's a decent product and if marketed properly has potential to draw some attention to the series. It has great comentary and nice camera angle transitions from outside to inside of the cars. So if I were nothing more than a participant, I could leave it at that too. Remember, I paid for the thing so I'm in the pole position of expecting more than was delivered. I'm not a stupid man so I clearly understand that this video will NEVER pay for itself as for a Argent Lab goes. Knowing this, I also sponsored it in part to help CMC and to give something to you guys who worked your asses off to make it there. It's all really about people who make CMC it worth racing.

Just how much do we get paid for winning? Yeah, thanks, nothing. Racers in CMC have heart, soul, and sacrifice in doing what we do. There was not 1, NOT 1, run down through the field during the entire production. Do you think Corey will want to break out this video one day for old time sake? Do you think Adam will show it to his grandkids? Wait, let me answer, "NO." It's because nobody outside of 4th was shown or even mentioned. Say what you must, this production is a huge disappointment. Ask anyone outside the top 5 what they think of this video and get back to me. I wanted something guys could leave with other than empty pockets and distant memories. This isn't it.

This thing is what it is. Next time, we'll have something better if I have to produce the thing myself.

rb

jeffburch
11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks Boudy for the video.

It is another fine prize that I will cherish forever.

jb

Al Fernandez
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I gess you're right Boudy...from that perspective. Its not a pro race, so an effort should've been made to showcase everyone for a bit. Hey, live and learn right? Now we know for the next time.

Boudy
11-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree, it's under the bridge now. Time to freshen em' up and do it all over in 08'. I hesitated bringing it up at all but I put it out there to hopefully raise the group's collective expectations for next time. I sure as heck learned what to ask for.

rb

AllZWay
11-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Boudy... I do agree that at least some coverage of the entire field would have been nice.

NASA13
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Do you think Corey will want to break out this video one day for old time sake?

What Video? Oh that Video of Those dudes following each other around for 18 laps.
Just kidding guys, dont get mad. I am just jealous and bitter that I couldnt catch up.

I agree though, pro racing shows any part of the field that is having some interesting racing. All the really spooky ,crazy racing was for 5-10th. I was hoping to at least catch more than a glimpse of a fox mustang in there somewhere.

I am very happy to have the video,(some classes got squat) and excited of its potential for next year. Another lesson learned. I am just glad you are paying for all these lessons and not me Boudy! You're a chump...errr Champ! :lol:

mitchntx
11-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Couple thoughts ...

Boudy ponied up funding for this production. But someone else directed it. Either the director didn't know what Boudy wanted or Boudy wasn't abundantly clear on his expectations. It happens a lot of time when something like this takes place.

I'm surprised that Speedcast failed to allow those who financed the production get a pre-screening to address these deficiencies.

Had I been the director, I probably would have made a point to have run "through the field" about midway and with 5 minutes to go, or so.

This was a 30 minute race, not a 4 hour NASCAR marathon. So, time was not on the producer's side to make that run very often. Also, running through the field with a static camera shot, like we saw at the start finish line or exiting Thunder Valley were the only real video opportunities the producers had to do that.

But, in order to do that, they had to leave seconds of blank track in frame waiting for all the cars to pass through frame. That wasn't desirable, either. Nor was it desirable to have a pack of FFR cars come through frame with no commentary.

So, it's a double edged sword ... time vs production technique.

I have a little experience in sports production, having been an on-air director and switch for a 4 camera shoot of football games. Speedcast's production was not a live switch, rather multiple recording on separate media and combining it in post. Commentary was most likely scripted.

So, the "live" part was taken out of the equation and the production could be recut easily enough.

Anyway ... Robert ... if you need a "consultant" to help you recognize these kind of details, let me know. I'll do anything I can to get your money's worth.

Boudy
11-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, they didn't actually ask me to direct their video. I was told that they wanted to make this video and needed a sponsor. In all fairness, the end result is pretty well on par with the sample I reviewed. My false expectations are my own fault. I've personally aspired to produce such videos for National television for some time now and just don't have the time or funds to make it happen. For this reason, I've got many hours of thought and planning invested into my percepton of a production and expecting this production to magically be just that was unreasonable on my part.

This only fuels my fire and ensures my convictions to launch my project one day. Thank you Mitch for offering your viewpoints and help. If I ever mange to get such a project rolling, I will obviously need a staff with experience to make it a success.

Boudy

Todd Covini
12-02-2007, 11:41 PM
I watched it again tonight.
I still think it was an awesome race.

I've known some mid-pack Speed Touring Car racers and never got to see them either. Not saying it's right, just saying it's typical.

Panning the field should be on the agenda for next year.

-=- Todd