PDA

View Full Version : Wish list for TWS

rpoz27
11-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Anyone have any suggestions? I've got a list going and am curious what your ideas are. No guarantees that they will happen, but you never know and it's kinda fun to play the game.

Wirtz
11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Easy the transition on and off the front straight.

Maybe some clean up entering the buttonhook?

Add another 2.8 miles worth of track :)

AllZWay
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Open up the whole oval and let us use more of it..... sort of like the GT40 dude. :lol:

jeffburch
11-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Figure 8 it!

Automatic gate at the tunnel with keypad.
Give us the code for nite arrivals.

New PA system for the paddock.

jb

Waco Racer
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Automatic gate at the tunnel with keypad.
Give us the code for nite arrivals.

jb

I vote for these. Oh, and a covered grid.

y5e06
11-29-2007, 04:03 PM
Easy the transition on and off the front straight.
yes, please.

also ease the rise/dips crossing the back nascar straight between 3-4 and 9-10 (is that the buttonhook?)
back fill in the edges of the tarmac just after 3 where that other section of pavment connects...

michaelmosty
11-29-2007, 05:24 PM
I second the covered grid.

ShadowBolt
11-29-2007, 06:17 PM
I second the covered grid.

I third the covered grid. Maybe like the pit roof at MSR-H.

If NASA would use flags like TDE does the PA would not be so important.

JJ

jeffburch
11-29-2007, 08:47 PM
If NASA would ...................,......................,....... .........,...............,..............,......... .......,.............,.............,.............. ..,..............,................,............... ,...............,................,................ ........JJ

jb

Todd Covini
11-29-2007, 09:54 PM
I think one of the limiting factors preventing having larger events (such as a centrally located superspeedway to host something like...oh...say....a NASA National event :wink: ) at TWS would be the pre-grid area and even hot pit area. Events can get congested real quick with just ~100 cars, while smaller tracks with better ingress/egress can host 300-400 cars. Build it...and they will come.

Sure some of this falls on the shoulders of the sanctioning body, but there's not a lot to work with.

-=- Todd

PS- Friday nite drop-off fees are an insult.

GlennCMC70
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
i agree, friday drop off fee's are worng. if my stuff gets stolen at the hotel (pretty easy) then i'll not be racing from then till i recover. no racer means alot more lost in $$$ than a drop off fee. and for what TWS costs to rent compaired to other tracks, it should be an included cost.
isnt it like $8K per weekend?

mitchntx
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Water drainage

All the electrical outlets work

Is the armco between T2 and T3 really necessary?

Fill in the Grand Canyon off of T6, right Todd?

ShadowBolt
11-29-2007, 11:01 PM

I'm all for that one.

How about RV hook-ups? I certainly would not mind paying extra for it. I know hook-ups were there before the Japs removed them.

JJ

RichardP
11-29-2007, 11:34 PM

No and it's already gone...

Richard P.

mitchntx
11-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh yeah ... a timing loop that extends from the outer track wall to the pit wall.

jeffburch
11-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Oh yeah, does the one (timing loop) on pit row work (enduro)?

jb

AllZWay
11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll add support for a roof for grid and stop those rediculous Friday drop off fees.

AI#97
11-30-2007, 11:28 AM
PA system upgrade
Electrical outlets repaired
curtains on the showers in the large restroom building
smooth the entry into 4 in the braking zone
4 wheeler trails for fun out in the backside of the track... :wink:
Maybe some fans in the pits to get air moving in August heat
Friday night drop offs....FREE!!!

maybe repave turn 7 through 8 for some better grip that doesn't chew tires...? Just a thought.

rpoz27
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Just a thought.

What, you want it to be a surprise who you get in with?

AI#97
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Just a thought.

Just don't want to flaunt my manhood!! :lol:

ShadowBolt
12-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Just a thought.

Just don't want to flaunt my manhood!! :lol:

I want to thank you for that.

JJ

rpoz27
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.theeagle.com/local/Owner_revamps_aging_CS_raceway

This came out in yesterday's local paper. May be of interest to some of you.

gt40
12-13-2007, 12:46 PM
This pertains more to the Motorsports Club than for our (NASA) needs -- freshen up and repair the rental Miatas! (It'd be nice if they were upgraded to SM specifications.)

AI#97
12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
This pertains more to the Motorsports Club than for our (NASA) needs -- freshen up and repair the rental Miatas! (It'd be nice if they were upgraded to SM specifications.)

Or just set fire to them! Sell tickets to watch! :lol:

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 09:25 PM
I know where all the Spec Miata driver go for after-dinner drinks. :idea:

Kidding aside- Getting those cars to SM specs would be a draw. Many driver who might want to know what they're like before diving in could try them out. Nothing but good could come from getting them to a series spec.

Hmmmm...maybe a handful of AI/CMC guys would get a track day together and duke it out on the cheap!!! :twisted:

-=- Todd

PS-- Better yet....get a few AI/CMC cars in the rental pool!!! 8) 8) 8)

Rob Liebbe
12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
My company rented the Miata fleet for a function one time, they were a pretty sorry mess back then. There is definitely room for improvement!

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
....and with a pool of SM (or CMC) cars on reserve, all of Texas will know where they could rent a car in the event of a need. Charge a premium for non-TWS events, but with having a reserve of eligible racecars will only help the sport and raise awareness of the TWS MSC as a resource!

The Cains can become motorsport "crack" dealers!!! :wink:

-=- Todd

jeffburch
12-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Rent them all for the enduro :D

jb

rpoz27
12-14-2007, 10:17 AM
....and with a pool of SM (or CMC) cars on reserve, all of Texas will know where they could rent a car in the event of a need. Charge a premium for non-TWS events, but with having a reserve of eligible racecars will only help the sport and raise awareness of the TWS MSC as a resource!

The Cains can become motorsport "crack" dealers!!! :wink:

-=- Todd

Haha! We already have a record of creating track addicts. Don't make us sink even further with the Miatas. :shock:

By the way, I finally managed to get management pissed off about the way the Miatas were being maintained. In the last few weeks, money has been spent on them. We'll see how they do this weekend.

BTW, areas of the track have been marked in the last 2 weeks for repair. There are a couple of places that will be removed and redone.

gt40
12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
By the way, I finally managed to get management pissed off about the way the Miatas were being maintained. In the last few weeks, money has been spent on them. We'll see how they do this weekend.Excellent! Fingers crossed.

Any word on the one that was way down on power?

BTW, areas of the track have been marked in the last 2 weeks for repair. There are a couple of places that will be removed and redone.which ones? (Hoping it's the exit of 3 -- the rise that spun Micah off track in The Big Roll?)

AI#97
12-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Is that the one that was put into the wall in T4 and written off?!

rpoz27
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Is that the one that was put into the wall in T4 and written off?!

What color was that one? I know one has been out of service for a loooong time. That's probably it.

The one that was down on power is back in service and supposedly fixed. We'll see.

The biggest repair area marked was the outside braking zone going into 10. Don't think the hump after track out of 3 is scheduled.

gt40
12-14-2007, 04:02 PM
The biggest repair area marked was the outside braking zone going into 10.Yay!!! :D :D :D

That thing really gives me fits...

jeffburch
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Smooth the berm at turn 7 (and anywhere else).

jb

gt40
12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Smooth the berm at turn 7 (and anywhere else).

jbI'd like to see something done about the fence, berm and drainage ditch driver's right coming out of three. I've seen two cars roll there in the past 18 months (Mitch and an HPDE M3.)

I am glad to see the concrete barriers driver's left coming out of T2 are now GONE. :)

mitchntx
12-18-2007, 12:56 PM
I've seen two cars roll there in the past 18 months (Mitch and an HPDE M3.)

Anyone have a video of my rollover? I must've recieved a concussion and can't don't recall it.

Unless I did it my Vega back in the 70s ...

gt40
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Anyone have a video of my rollover? I must've recieved a concussion and can't don't recall it.Sorry -- Micah, not Mitch.

(Hey, I was close -- only one letter off and the actual ORDER of the letters was a little odd...)

mitchntx
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for clearing that up ... had me skeered ...

I know of 2 F-Cars having some issues with T7. Both put 2 wheels off on driver's left at track out and skid across the track and nosed into the berm on driver's left close to the flag station at 9.

One was a 98 black 1LE Formula which tore up the nose and front end pretty good and the other was a 00 TA roll over which destroyed the car.

Here is an account, with both driver AND instructors POV ...
http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13731

Funny to me is a lot of the folks posting in that thread are here as well. Small world.

jeffburch
12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
So, I'm hearing from cc.com that the Friday night drop off fees are still in effect.
Since there is a new owner, who's the jerk responsible for continuing this?

jb

AI#97
12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
So, I'm hearing from cc.com that the Friday night drop off fees are still in effect.
Since there is a new owner, who's the jerk responsible for continuing this?

jb

Tradition runs strong in College Station! :roll:

Rob Liebbe
12-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I like the little bump coming out of Turn 3. Call me crazy.

ShadowBolt
12-23-2007, 08:31 PM

CRAZY

Not really. I kinda like it too.

JJ

gt40
12-23-2007, 11:12 PM

CRAZY

Not really. I kinda like it too.

JJOk, you both are crazy. I get wheelspin coming out of 3, over the hump, with decent speed, and I remember what happened to Micah.

AI#97
12-24-2007, 12:27 AM

Me too! I like going all the way out to the cones and coming back over the top of the hill and get the rear of the car to sort of "flop over"! I used to not like that turn but Daron showed me this line when he was my instructor a LONG time ago and it sort of stuck with me ever since!!! :lol:

Rob Liebbe
12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Micah's real problems was the lack of a good/safe runoff area. I agree that the ditch needs to be fixed!!!!

I talked to a motorcycle racer who also likes the hump after turn 3 - they wheelie over it!!! :shock:

silversvo
12-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Micah's real problems was the lack of a good/safe runoff area. I agree that the ditch needs to be fixed!!!!

I talked to a motorcycle racer who also likes the hump after turn 3 - they wheelie over it!!! :shock:

from the video, it looks like it was as Rob said, lack of a good/safe runoff area. As for hump afer turn three, I like it but hate that deep ditch on the right of the track.