PDA

View Full Version : ThunderHill 25 hour enduro - paging Clifton!!!!!!

GlennCMC70
12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
well please give us an insiders view of the event.
cool stories?
bone head moves?
lessons learned?
bla
bla
bla

Waco Racer
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I was planning on doing an event write up but it is too soon after the event, I was going to wait until March. :roll:

GlennCMC70
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
you could come up w/ original material at the least.
dont take my NASA ball bustin' as CW ball bustin', those are independant of one another.

Waco Racer
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Sometimes it's hard to tell. But I did know that in this case - I have a sense of humor too, even if it is dated.

I will be typing up something this week. I only got 3.25 hours of sleep Sat/Sun. If I posted something now it would be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz umpf ugh oh um what was I saying? It would not make sense.

Todd Covini
12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Here you go...I'm on it!!! 8)

+++++++++++++
The fifth annual running of the United States Air Force 25 Hours of Thunderhill came to a close on Sunday, December 2, 2007 after over a day's worth of severe endurance racing. The event saw 72 teams enter with 67 of them taking the green flag at the Thunderhill Raceway Park complex in Willows, CA. The field for this year was extremely diverse and included racecars ranging from Daytona Prototypes to Mazda Miatas. Of particular interest were two Norma M20F racers entered by Team Green Alternative/Alliance Financial that were powered by eco friendly E-85 fuel for the race.

As the 25 hour contest drew to a close, the overall lead and the ESR class win securely belonged to the Crawford DP03 entry of the Parallax Racing team with 661 laps completed. One of the Green Alternative team entries sewed up the second overall spot and second in ESR 23 laps behind the winning team. The E1 class winning MX5 Cup entry from the Team MER/Mazdaspeed crew was next up with the E1 Team Honda Research S2000 Club Racer just 1.6 seconds behind after over a full day of racing hard to the checker. Another one of the Team MER/Mazdaspeed entries buttoned up third overall and 1st place in E1. The next two overall spots belonged to the ES-class topping Competition Associates FR500S Ford Mustangs that are destined for the Miller Cup series in 2008 with the C-Note racing/Highlander Motorsports entry taking third in ES. In E0, the Nitto/Diffsonline USTCC BMW entry managed to topple the mighty PDQ Racing team that has taken home wins in prior years but had to settle for second this year with the Fantasy Junction Racing entry in third. E2 was dominated by Mazda Miatas with the BiggsB Enterprises entry on top followed by the Kumho Tires USA team and the K1 Speed entry in third.

Visit www.nasa25hour.com for full race results, pictures, stories and updates on the 2008 race.

GlennCMC70
12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Clifton.............. time to wake up................

Waco Racer
12-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I should have something up tomorrow.

OK one quick one - DO NOT spin twice on the first pace lap of a 25 hour race.