PDA

View Full Version : Jet Etiquette , Jetiquette

cjlmlml
12-04-2007, 09:32 AM
In case you are flying with Corey, I came across these tips from a guy that sends out a marketing newsletter.

More people are flying private than ever before; as a result I have recently been honored to fly with a colleague on his private jet. I’m sure some of you have been invited to do the same, and I wanted to pass along some “jetiquette” recently published in part by Vanity Fair magazine.
1. Respect the set departure time, commonly referred to as “wheels up” – this is an absolute must!
2. Don’t arrive with your showiest (and largest) luggage. Cargo space may be limited. Pack light and flexible.
3. Don’t take a seat until your host has been seated. You don’t want to inadvertently sit in his/her favorite seat! If you board first, be sure to ask the pilot where your host likes to sit.
4. Follow your host’s lead as to onboard activity. If they want to converse, then give them your full attention. If they are reading, napping or doing work, then you do the same.
5. Go before you board. Hold it in! The facilities are usually minimal.
6. Arrange for your own ground transportation. Your host was gracious enough to give you a ride, he shouldn’t have to be responsible for you once you land. Rental cars regularly drop at FBO’s (Fixed Base of Operations).
7. Send your host a thank you. At the very least a note, but a gift would be better.
8. Don’t be a “tourist”. Leave your camera behind, or at least in the case.

9. Buy a lot of life insurance.

I added # 9 on my own.

y5e06
12-04-2007, 10:36 AM
then I suppose it should be tweaked slightly

In case you are flying with Corey,

1. Buy a lot of life insurance.
2. See #1