PDA

View Full Version : Group Purchase on Halo Seats

Boudy
12-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hello: I've had several inquiries regarding seats with the halo so I'm offering a super deal on the Ultrashield Lightweight Road Race Seat w/Halo. I can't mention it here so please use the below link to request price. You won't be dissapointed in this seat that normally sells for $715 w/cover. This is an amazing price!

Boudy
Sales@ArgentLab.com

"More Info On Seat" (http://www.argentlab.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77_78&products_id=202&zenid=5b3706949577e74030aad6362b29c720)

Your options are:
Black, Blue, Red, or Purple. (+$20 for Purple)
Solid or Stripe. (+30 for stripe)
Sizes are 14" - 18" in 1/2" increments
10 Degree or 20 Degree Layback
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/boudy/haloseat.jpg
If ordered by Monday 12/10/07 Ultrashield is saying it will be 7 weeks for delivery. If after Monday it could take up to 12+ weeks.

Adam Ginsberg
12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Seriously - if you're at all thinking about replacing your seat, now is the time. FWIW, I'm jumping on this as my seat is long past due for replacement.

Using a halo seat eliminates the requirement for the right side net, as per the NASA CCR's.

AI#97
12-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I have one of these seats in my car and LOVE it!!! They rock! Neck strain is practically ZERO and general body fatigue has been lessened by atleast 1/2.

A few suggestions for those ordering.

1. Get the harness holes moved up for your HANS. Most of us are pretty tall and the holes are located a little low. I had the entire halo, harness holes and shoulder bolsters raised 2.5" compared to the standard seat.
2. Measure yourself with all the gear on.
3. consider NOT getting the left side of the halo. It is difficult to get around when getting in and out.
4. These seats are HUGE and very tall. you may need to lower your seat mount to clear your cage tubing so be wary.
5. BUY this seat!
6. I also had the passenger side halo section shortened 2" so I could see the passenger mirror...

I went to Tyler and was custom fitted for my seat and paid CONSIDERABLY more than the advertised retail price Boudy posted.

this sounds like a deal that should not be passed on.

jeffburch
12-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I have this seat.
Highly recommended.
Doing the right side net also.
jb

michaelmosty
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I went to Tyler and was custom fitted for my seat and paid CONSIDERABLY more than the advertised retail price Boudy posted.

The price posted is Boudy's normal price. This deal he has now is CONSIDERABLY less than what is posted. Click on the link and Boudy will let you know the discount. It is an awesome price!!

AI#97
12-06-2007, 02:56 PM

The price posted is Boudy's normal price. This deal he has now is CONSIDERABLY less than what is posted. Click on the link and Boudy will let you know the discount. It is an awesome price!!

Mine with the modifications and shipping to my door was $830...they are pretty proud of the custom stuff! :cry:

Boudy
12-06-2007, 03:47 PM
edited the initial post:

If ordered by Monday 12/10/07 Ultrashield is saying it will be 7 weeks for delivery. If after Monday it could take up to 12+ weeks.

AllZWay
12-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I wished I had money to buy one. :evil:

GlennCMC70
12-06-2007, 05:24 PM
putting it toward the top of my list. gotta sell the CMC car in build status now first.

mitchntx
12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
For those of you "on the fence", I might be interested in buying your old seat.

It might offset the cost of a new one somewhat.