PDA

View Full Version : NASA Texas Web Site

gt40
12-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Is anyone maintaining the NASA Texas web site? The stuff out there is ancient!

(If not, I know an excellent webmaster who needs the work.)

AllZWay
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
They were supposed to be posting podium pictures this year with the trophy girls and I have not seen them. :twisted:

gt40
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
IMHO, this makes NASA Texas look really bad to the on-line community. The schedule on the main page is the 2007 schedule (how long has 2008 been out?) The "What's New" sections newest entry is TWO YEARS OLD, and there's a link at the bottom of the page for the 2005 season championship points.

I've stopped sending folks there, myself. If anyone's interested in NASA or any of their series, I send 'em to NASA's national page, or a series-specific page, like www.camaromustangchallenge.com.

AI#97
12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
IMHO, this makes NASA Texas look really bad to the on-line community. The schedule on the main page is the 2007 schedule (how long has 2008 been out?) The "What's New" sections newest entry is TWO YEARS OLD, and there's a link at the bottom of the page for the 2005 season championship points.

I've stopped sending folks there, myself. If anyone's interested in NASA or any of their series, I send 'em to NASA's national page, or a series-specific page, like www.camaromustangchallenge.com.

info@nasatx.com ...... let them know your concerns.

gt40
12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Jeebus Christ on a saltine cracker!

The national American Iron web site still has the '07 schedule up too -- and it's the wrong one! (still has Eagle's Canyon scheduled.)

I'll probably email info@nasatx.com, later -- once I figure out a diplomatic way of saying "your web site sucks!" :roll:

Who reads that email, any way? I'd feel a lot better if I knew the person I'm bitching at.

Adam Ginsberg
12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Shannon Matus gets all email addressed to info@nasatx.com.

Tell them your thoughts....diplomatically.

jeffburch
12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
:D

jb

gt40
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Tell them your thoughts....diplomatically.cool -- Shannon and I have always gotten along well enough. I may do this in person, though. Too easy to mis-construe something in email...

Wirtz
12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Agree with your statements though. It does not make the series look all that good to new people looking to spend a boat load of cash on a hobby....

GlennCMC70
12-13-2007, 10:43 PM
this was brought to thier attention at the start of the '07 season. i was told a couple months ago that there was a new web site they were trying to bring online. not sure what the hold-up is.
perhaps offer to update the sites monthly for them in exchange for track time.

Waco Racer
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
The current website has been a thorn in the side of NASA Texas for quite some time. We are in the process of switching servers and we have a new webmaster. It is a current participant with NASA Texas and someone that will be at all events. The hope is to have the new one built by New Year's. The software recommended by the current provider for updating the current site stinks. I recommend signing up for the Yahoo group so that you can recieve information via email until the new site is completed.

gt40
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM
We are in the process of switching servers and we have a new webmaster...Cool -- that's good to know. Not being in the know -- I didn't know. :D

Unless I'm mistaken (and I frequently am!) that's NASA Texas' biggest marketing presense for potential customers.

GlennCMC70
12-14-2007, 06:13 PM
marketing is NASA TX's biggest short coming.

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I may do this in person, though. Too easy to mis-construe something in email...

Does that mean you're gonna race your hooptie in 2008?

David Love AI27
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
marketing is NASA TX's biggest short coming.

ROFLMAO!!!!

As Jason would say... "Thank you, Captian Obvious"

gt40
12-18-2007, 01:09 AM
I may do this in person, though. Too easy to mis-construe something in email...

Does that mean you're gonna race your hooptie in 2008?

Hahaha!!! Adam thinks what I do is racing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(yes, I'm hoping to make some events.)