PDA

View Full Version : Somebody shoot me....

AI#97
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
So, having found out that Andy Bowman put his car up for sale for $30k, I though it would be keen to try my hand at a sale... Posted the car on GRM's site and less than 7 days later....have an offer that is hard to refuse. Never really figured I would get any interest but damnit....can someone just put me out of my misery?! :(

This is going to be the hardest couple of days for me...I am not going to be able to get anything done at work!!!!

mitchntx
12-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Sell it. Buy a teal Firebird.

Luke ... feel the force, Luke.

Fbody383
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
....can someone just put me out of my misery?! :(

cmc... cmc... cmc...

AI#97
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Sell it. Buy a teal Firebird.

Luke ... feel the force, Luke.

I always thought F-bodies were on the darkside?! :lol:

there is part of me that says, be responsible and get rid of everything so there is only one vehicle to buy tires for, put gas in, buy brakes for, be able to park it in the garage, no extra storage fees...blah blah blah...

On the other hand, Nothing I have ever driven/riden in has the shear fun factor this AI car has given me....except for an 07 Z06... Reason/experience tells me that it's not wise to track your daily driver either! Why be practical/smart/financially sound........and BORED!

My head is about to friggn' explode!!!! The funny thing is I already have a 500hp daily driver!!! It just weighs 7600lbs but is still pretty fun to drive on the streets and people get out of the way.

I truly am in agony right now...

jeffburch
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
"I was a tellin Matt to run CMC!"

So, you sold the trailer right?
AI car has one foot out the door?
LaW 'Bird and an open trailer sounds like a plan to me.
In 2 or 3 years get an LS9 C7.

jb

mitchntx
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I always thought F-bodies were on the darkside?! :lol:

You're correct. What was I thinking?

Tarnishing that squeaky clean image would probably cause further turmoil in the middle east and the stock market.

Best stay with the "nice" fellas.

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
for a true racer, this is a no brainer. a true racer would never end up w/out a race car. you are constantly looking for people to tell you to stay. buy, sell, 18's, 17's, open trailer, encloded trailer.
seriously Matt.

sell the AI car, get a CMC car (Ford or Chevy) and have more fun, twice the competition at half the cost.

Boudy
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
AI, what's AI. Sell that damned money pit and run CMC. Unless you're scared but hey, it's your call dude.

Boudy

AI#97
12-18-2007, 03:01 PM
AI, what's AI. Sell that damned money pit and run CMC. Unless you're scared but hey, it's your call dude.

Boudy

Glenn, this is all something that has come up in the last 48 hours. I don't know of many people that have put a race car up for sale and within 7 days has people ready to have money change hands....I certainly wasn't expecting it and was realisitically expecting to see activity in May or June and was planning ahead for getting started in 08 up until 7pm last night when the guy left me a voicemail. I have been dodging him all day today cause I really don't know what I want to do. I feel like a flag whipping in the wind right now and it's a hurricane!

boudy, It's far from a money pit. and given current stores of toyos, and not running Hallet as usual, I have $3350 figured to run next year which includes one set of new brake pads for each event, hotel, tow gas, car gas and food. Sale of the trailer more than paid for the season. So I doubt the argument of 1/2 the price will hold water.

As for competition, one thing that is sticking in my head is the level of competition that our region is going to see next year...

AI's who's who list:

1. Donovan...stepped it up BIG, has ordered Carbon and rumors of bigger brakes...that won't fit under Konigs...ask Marshall!
2. Dr. Frank..continues to get faster each event
3. Capps and Irwin...rumored to return for 08 with strength.
4. Marshall...bring it buddy, you got the equipment!
5. Kirsch...getting stronger and finding help from aftermarket...
6. 05 car from Last event in Houston...never got his name.
7. super secret squirrel stuff....
8. Me...? Working on some tweaking if not sold...working a BIG sponsorship angle... if it goes, expect a BIG nationals appearance to make good on all my s' talkin'...
9. Lyons..new paint, new motor and rumors of Aero, heard it's FAST!!
10. Misty...new motor, new aero and getting faster each event.
11. Supposedly two cars I have heard about will be joining but have no info on.
12. 3rd gen camaro that was at TWS in April 06 returning?
13. Crap, forgot Daron and Mason...Very speedy car!
14. Marvel/Pederson return?! Fast in whatever they would bring.

AI overall is going to be the field to watch this coming year because there are going to be 4 or 5 cars all within a couple tenths and there is going to be some BIG racing going on!!! I really doubt there are going to be 30 second win margins like last year or previous and you CMC guys are going to be fearful of full field inverts!!!

AllZWay
12-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Boudy

Get in CMC where there are more cars to compete with..... which equals more fun.

Fbody383
12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
...you CMC guys are going to be fearful of full field inverts!!!

<<<yawn>>>

AI#97
12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
...you CMC guys are going to be fearful of full field inverts!!!

<<<yawn>>>

Whatever rookie!!! Where have I heard that before?! :? :shock: :lol:

Just don't get sucked off track in the Vortex! :twisted:

Al Fernandez
12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I dont know man...you have that car down to a science. If you pick up a different car you're going to be right back in the "I have to fix this" loop. Take it easy on the brakes so you dont kill a set of pads in a weekend (thats just crazy talk!) and just race!

Fbody383
12-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Whatever rookie!!! Where have I heard that before?! :? :shock: :lol:

I might fit in here after all...

The voices say to me "cmc... cmc... cmc..."

y5e06
12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
as much as we want you to get into a CMC car, you do have a strong argument:

As for competition, one thing that is sticking in my head is the level of competition that our region is going to see next year...

AI's who's who list:

1. Donovan...stepped it up BIG, has ordered Carbon and rumors of bigger brakes...that won't fit under Konigs...ask Marshall!
2. Dr. Frank..continues to get faster each event
3. Capps and Irwin...rumored to return for 08 with strength.
4. Marshall...bring it buddy, you got the equipment!
5. Kirsch...getting stronger and finding help from aftermarket...
6. 05 car from Last event in Houston...never got his name.
7. super secret squirrel stuff....
8. Me...? Working on some tweaking if not sold...working a BIG sponsorship angle... if it goes, expect a BIG nationals appearance to make good on all my s' talkin'...
9. Lyons..new paint, new motor and rumors of Aero, heard it's FAST!!
10. Misty...new motor, new aero and getting faster each event.
11. Supposedly two cars I have heard about will be joining but have no info on.
12. 3rd gen camaro that was at TWS in April 06 returning?
13. Crap, forgot Daron and Mason...Very speedy car!
14. Marvel/Pederson return?! Fast in whatever they would bring.

keep the 17" wheels, use what you have, hoard those Toyo Bucks, and run a weekend for little to no difference in cost than cmc for consumables. Then run nationals and place very well if you can, adding value to your car for future sales considerations (or waffling?)

then again if you have a fish on the line, just set the hook and get it over with....

:D

AI#97
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I dont know man...you have that car down to a science. If you pick up a different car you're going to be right back in the "I have to fix this" loop. Take it easy on the brakes so you dont kill a set of pads in a weekend (thats just crazy talk!) and just race!

I meant fronts one event, then rears the next. The PFC's seem to have doubled pad life so it's not that big a deal....

jeffburch
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Take the red pill Neo (pick up the phone).

jb

Todd Covini
12-20-2007, 12:15 AM
If you plan to dominate at Nationals in '08, don't sell your car.
It's a known quantity and you want to go to MidOhio with a familiar car with very little variables.

If you're looking to simplify and save money, sell the car and pick up a CMC car. Buy a Vette with the leftover money and enjoy life.

As an HR guy and the son of a grief counselor, DON'T go without a racecar for too long. Statistically, human beings aren't supposed to have the amount of change you're experiencing in one year and this is one case where too much is not a good thing. Your Mustang represents stability right now. Wait a year...see how the job and chick market shapes up, then consider selling your silvergirl.

"How does that make you feel?"

I'll schedule you for another consultation next week, but in the meantime, continue with heavy doses of beer and glutony and call me if anything changes.

8)

Dr. Todd

donovan
12-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Todd, can I set up a session time?

Jeremy Gunter
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Todd, You accepting new clients?

jeffburch
12-20-2007, 07:33 AM
This

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/Ai_Pic%20003.jpg

or this

http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettephotos/data/501/DSC01849.JPG

AI#97
12-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Jeff, thanks! but you ain't helpin' man!!! LOL!

Todd, I totally agree with you and probably do need to seek professional help! I swear driving into work I change my mind 143 times in 45 minutes! And no offense to you CMC guys but I don't think I could drive something that slow! ;)

The nice thing is that women are the last thing on my mind right now. I am in no way ready to start putting up with their shit again and have pretty well resolved that I am NOT getting married again. I may continue to play the field and keep the rotation going to keep things fresh, but I don't think I want to willingly put myself through this shit again. It's time for ME!!!

I should have listened to that saying, "why buy the cow..."

Anyway, thanks all for the support and ultimately, this decision is going to come down to the guy actually coughing up real cash so we shall see.

GlennCMC70
12-20-2007, 10:45 AM
that slow?
i was telling Mitch just a couple days ago that i would pay an entry fee to watch you race your first CMC race. you really have no idea what your talking about.

cjlmlml
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/autos/0712/gallery.corvette_zr1//index.html

Todd Covini
12-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Matt,
Speed is a perception.
80 MPH in an M5 is totally different than 80 MPH in a 20 year old Corolla.

AIX cars make the speed more manageble.
CMC cars are at their limit, just like AI cars...and get the same "on edge" feeling. (Some say the speed sensation is greater because it is so much of a handful.)

Given that, I'm sure that selling the M5 for a Corolla would be tough to do for anyone...but the perception that they're "slow" is not right. We're fllying considering the equipment that's under us....and it definately feels fast!!! :lol:

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
PS- Stay away from girls that wear shorts & panty hose.

AI#97
12-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Do you guys have emoticons turned off or something???? Look at the WINK!!!! Can NO ONE take a joke on this board?! sheesh!!! :roll:

AI#97
12-20-2007, 11:31 AM

YES!!! That is why I eat at Twin Peaks and Bone Daddy's instead. All the hot chicks with Tatoos work at these two places now!

michaelmosty
12-20-2007, 12:10 PM

YES!!! That is why I eat at Twin Peaks and Bone Daddy's instead. All the hot chicks with Tatoos work at these two places now!

Ahh, two of my favorite restaurants!! :D

AI#97
12-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Yep! And the food is actually GOOD!

gt40
12-20-2007, 01:50 PM

Yep! And the food is actually GOOD!

True-true. Twin Peaks has become a favorite of mine, though the blonde hostess chick who's pregnant is a little -- disturbing -- in that outfit.

I'm seeing a Twin Peaks get-together in our future. Anyone interested?

jeffburch
12-20-2007, 07:08 PM
I am NOT getting married again.
That's horsesh!t.
Never, say never.
You'll marry again but this time it'll be a groupie.
Racing groupie.
Bev's my number one groupie.
Yours will show up shortly.

jb

AllZWay
12-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Do you guys have emoticons turned off or something???? Look at the WINK!!!! Can NO ONE take a joke on this board?! sheesh!!! :roll:

I was waiting on you to say "ill-prepared and bad handling CMC cars that are just in the way". :lol:

AI#97
12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
3 therapists later, lots of number crunching and a LOT of soul searching and the verdict is the car is staying put. Plan on it kicking a lot of your asses at a couple events this year and then getting a complete prep for NATS to finally prove what it and I can do. The convertible is going up for sale and I will probably be downgrading to a 1/2 ton truck but I am just going to find a way to make things happen.

Thanks for all the support and goading as I think it brought me to the right decision to not give up so easily.

Thanks.....and for the record, yes, CMC cars are slow!!! :twisted: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

donovan
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Looking forward to kicking your ass!

DD :D

michaelmosty
12-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear it Matt, now quit thinking about selling the car. Keep it for a long time and enjoy it.
CMC cars might be a little slow but we could make it much more difficult if we didn't give you a point by. :P

Rob Liebbe
12-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Good job Matt.

Do you still need a trailer? A friend here in Houston is selling a very good all steel 22 foot with 3500# axles for about $2500.

PM me if interested, it's sitting just outside my office.

AllZWay
12-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Glad to hear it Matt, now quit thinking about selling the car. Keep it for a long time and enjoy it.
CMC cars might be a little slow but we could make it much more difficult if we didn't give you a point by. :P

So true... we are basically HPDE cars for those guys. :D

AI#97
12-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Good job Matt.

Do you still need a trailer? A friend here in Houston is selling a very good all steel 22 foot with 3500# axles for about $2500.

PM me if interested, it's sitting just outside my office.

Donovan and I actually worked out a deal and swapped trailers so I have his open 16'. The hard part is going to be figuring out how to travel with so much less room!!!

Rob Liebbe
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Congratlations on the trailer swap.

If anyone else is interested in a good 22' open trailer, let me know. My cell is 281-413-1948.