PDA

View Full Version : C5 and C6 Corvette Owners...in here...

AI#97
12-18-2007, 09:48 AM
How are they for Daily drivers? Are the rides comfortable enough or harsh? parking and visibility good? Too tempting to drive fast all the time and get a lot of tickets?

Thanks.

jeffburch
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Try over at corvette forums.

jb

ShadowBolt
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a C6 with six speed. I love driving it and the only thing different I would do is get a automatic next time. I bought the six speed because I was doing DE's in it. I get about 24-25 MPG (when I don't keep my foot in it) and it is comfortable enough for long trips. I ordered mine with only two options. One was the Z51 package (well worth the money) and the other was a trim package so I could get red interior instead of the base black. I paid $41,600.00 for it. All the one's at the dealerships were well over $50,000 and loaded with crap I could care less about.

Jerry

AI#97
12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I ordered mine with only two options. One was the Z51 package (well worth the money) and the other was a trim package so I could get red interior instead of the base black. I paid $41,600.00 for it. All the one's at the dealerships were well over $50,000 and loaded with crap I could care less about.

Jerry

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing! No need for shit I will never use! I am keeping my eye on when the base vettes go to 430hp... 8)

ShadowBolt
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
The thing about speeding tickets is I have never gotten one in the Vette in two years and 38,000 miles. I do run a V1 every minute I'm in the car. The only ticket I have received in the last three years is one I got driving my Jeep Cherokee. Sitting up higher you don't feel the speed like you do sitting on the ground in the Vette. I got caught doing 68 in a 45.

JJ

BSharp
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
The 2007 base vette with the Z51 package is the shiznizzle. A few months ago C&D tested a bunch of different cars at VIR. The base car was almost as fast as the Z06. For the $ it cannot be beat.

Al Fernandez
12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
How exactly does this fall in line with the plan of simplifying and saving money? :lol: :wink:

I loved my C4, best car I ever owned...until I bought an S197 8)

Wirtz
12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
'04 Z06 here. It's my daily driver. I like it. It rides harsh I guess. 6 speed is the only way to go. Vettes should not even come with autos IMHO. It does not really change my driving style on the street, but it can attract more attention from Mr Law. Just gotta be smart and realize at some point you will need to pay extra "selective road tax".

Jeff

BryanL
12-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Vette would be a great daily driver. If I didn't need to have a babyseat I would love to have one.
I agree all that is needed is the base vette. You can buy them for 38-40k. Dealers are advertising 9k off on 07's but those are probably loaded.
Z-51-you should drive both to see if the ride is much different. Though for the price of the package you may want to just updgrade the brakes/shocks yourself.
Only other thing you might want to look at is some of the optional wheels.
Look up Conti Corvettes I think. My buddy bought a new one from them in Ohio this year and picked it up for the Hot Rod Power Tour.
You can also do a pickup at the assembly plant in Bowling Green, KY.
08's have the new LS3 and are underrated at 430 hp. Check the vette forums, with LG or 21st to see what they are putting out stock. Then a cam change and it is incredible.
Bryan

cobra132
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
I put 16 hours on an 07 at Bondurant last month. I don't know about daily driving, but they are sweet on the track. FMR