View Full Version : Freeware Adobe program

marshall_mosty
01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I just got the new laptop hooked up, but I no longer have the adobe program that I used to shrink pics to put on the net. My camera can't shoot anything under 2.5MB, so I can't put that on the image hosting site (1 MB max).

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just enough to shrink pictures.

mitchntx
01-06-2008, 09:59 PM
www.irfanview.com

It's free, powerful and does a great job. I have Adobe Photos Shop, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Draw ... but I use Irfanview almost everyday.

One really cool feature I use all the time is the batch function.

I videotape a seminar with a Power point slide show. I extract all the slides as individual JPGs and then resize, rename, convert to a TIF file and save in an alternate location with one click of a button.

The resizing and batch conversion algorithms don't degrade the image as far as I can tell.

marshall_mosty
01-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Thank Mitch. After I posted that, I used my old friend "Google" and found a MS application "PowerToy Resize"... name sounds bad. :shock:

David Love AI27
01-06-2008, 11:17 PM
resizing and batch conversion algorithms don't degrade the image as far as I can tell.

wud him say?

Todd Covini
01-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Algorithm- Noun to represent when someone who is not from around here is accompanying.

"We weren't sure if it was a good neighborhood or not, so we asked that Algorithm."