PDA

View Full Version : Engine Storage Racks

BryanL
01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
My dad is looking for some industrial strength racks to store some engines on. Anyone have a source for something like this? Thinking something that could hold three wide by 2 or 3 tall?
Thanks,
Bryan

jeffburch
01-28-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.buyrack.com/product_subtype.asp?product_subtype_id=18&product_type=Heavy-Duty%20Rack&product_subtype=Pallet+Rack

jb

BryanL
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks JB

Looks like they have something strong enough to hold a few engines.

Wirtz
01-28-2008, 10:09 PM
You might also check Home Depot. They carry something called Z-rack (I think, not 100% on the name), but it is basically a small industral shelf. I'm using 2 of them, one for parts and one for tires / rims. I'm not sure if I would hold "many" engines, but I had maybe 50% of my camaro stacked on one at some point. I bet it could hold a couple to 3.

Jeff

donovan
01-29-2008, 08:53 AM
You might also check Home Depot. They carry something called Z-rack (I think, not 100% on the name), but it is basically a small industral shelf. I'm using 2 of them, one for parts and one for tires / rims. I'm not sure if I would hold "many" engines, but I had maybe 50% of my camaro stacked on one at some point. I bet it could hold a couple to 3.

Jeff

I have one of those too... actually, I went and bought one after seen yours Jeff!!

I have about 12 wheels and tires on mine. Very nice racks, I would buy more if I had the room, but I built some 2x4 racks before seeing these.

DD

BryanL
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
I checked home Depot and lowes website. Found a one that would hold 1500 pounds but don't think that will cut it. I like the industrial racks that would allow you to store big blocks on the floor and then have 2 or three rows above that for engines and storage.
I have something I got at Sam's I think awhile back that I really like and seems heavy duty for most parts but I wouldn't want a few engines on it.
Thanks for the help.
Bryan

Wirtz
01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
You know, I checked the websites as well and did not see the ones I am using there. I don't know if it is a regional thing or if they are phasing them out. But these racks are the heavy duty style, they use big old interlocking tabs, not the little button / rivet heads like standard household stuff.

Anyway, I have been wanting to get some extra cross beams for mine, but the Home Despot I bought it it no longer carries the add on pieces, only boxed complete racks...

Good idea to check Sams though...