PDA

View Full Version : struggling if I want to sell my CMC car??

silversvo
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Should I sell my car as I bought it not long ago and the original owner that built that car asked me if I wanted to sell it. I am still struggling if I want to sell it or not. He offered me more than what I have in the car already. I know if I sell it, I wont be racing until next year as my project car wont be ready until then. What would you do, wait another season or so to race and make almost twice the money you have invested in the car or keep the car and race this season?

mitchntx
01-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I would sell it for a profit.

Then contact the friendly guys at LAW Motorsports for a 4th gen Camaro.

Afterall ... you want one of these, right?

http://www.lawmotorsports.net/Pics/NASAWinner1.jpg

AI#97
01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
never pass on profit when selling cars....I should have listened to my own advice in december! :lol:

Todd Covini
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Trade up for another turnkey racecar.
Plenty of them out there.

-=- T

Rob Liebbe
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Sell it at a profit before it gets wrecked.

silversvo
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
some of you CMC guys arent really supportive of me racing it with you as you are trying to get me to sell it... are we scared the rookie might give you a hell of a run??? j/k... I am waiting on the call back from the original builder right now and I think I found me a coupe roller at a really good price that will do the job great as my replacment. My project car is being sold also so I think I have to find a good solid replacement fast as I cant be away from the track very long as I am addicted...

jeffburch
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd put that pony on the track.
Take the whip to it.
Wring it's friggin neck.
Ride it hard and put it away wet.
Drive it like you stole it.

jb

ShadowBolt
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
If I could do it all over again I would have bought something else. I did not pay anything for my car but I have more in it now than what I could have bought several other cars for that are damn near new race cars. LAW has one and I've seen several others so I don't know what to tell you. One thing though, come race with us either way. Life is short. I waited until I was 50 to do my first full season. Wish I would have started 15 years earlier!

JJ

mitchntx
01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Bring that turbo drag bike out. That would be fun.

jeffburch
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
If I could do it all over again I would have bought something else. I did not pay anything for my car but I have more in it now than what I could have bought several other cars for that are damn near new race cars. LAW has one and I've seen several others so I don't know what to tell you. One thing though, come race with us either way. Life is short. I waited until I was 50 to do my first full season. Wish I would have started 15 years earlier!

JJ

Ditto here.
Started with a beater (still is).
Nuthin in the rule book about how much you can polish a turd.

jb

RichardP
01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
If you are going to buy another complete, ready to race, turn key race car, sell your current one. Don't sell your current one to start from scratch.

My $.02.

Richard P.

BryanL
01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Of course you never go broke taking a profit but none of us are racing to make a living or make money.
I don't know what kind of car it is, how much you paid for it, how much you can make on it, etc. so its hard to give solid advice.
I would look at what will it cost you to replace the car. Sure you may be able to make some money on it but if you have to spend the same amount to buy/build another car whats the point?
Though by selling this car you say you will delay getting on track for a year. What is a years worth of racing to you? I don't know if you are experienced or not so I don't know how long you will need to work on your driving skills and then sorting the car out.
Whatever you do I would recommend a plan that gets you out on track quicker.
I say run it next weekend.

GlennCMC70
01-31-2008, 09:14 PM
drive it. get hooked, and be happy about it.

what happens when a year from now the replacement car is ready and life gets in the way? you will always wonder what could have been.

Todd Covini
01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
The tide is now turning.
You've got a running race ready car.
Your next one may not.
As much track time you've had in the last 2 months, you'll be Jonesin for the next 12 unless you've got an immediate backfill.

Keep the car unless you're OK watchin' the rest of us race this year.

-=- t

jeffburch
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
HI HO SILVER! AWAY!..

jb

silversvo
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
well, I am going to see how this weekend goes, and then I will know if I sell it or keep it. I am not going to make that the first race as I will be on a damn plane half way around the world... I think I am going to end up keeping it.

As Todd said it, I am already jonesing for track time whether I am racing or just at a track day... It is true that it is addicting...

Adam Ginsberg
02-01-2008, 12:46 AM
As Todd said it, I am already jonesing for track time whether I am racing or just at a track day... It is true that it is addicting...

Once you actually go door-to-door racing, everything else is like...kissing your sister.

Don't wait another year. I wanted to go road racing since I was ~13-14. Didn't do it until I was 36. If you sell it, and wait a year, shit will get in the way, and that shit will do everything in it's power to stop you from getting to the track.

Bring that hooptie out, and drive it like you stole it.

silversvo
02-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Once you actually go door-to-door racing, everything else is like...kissing your sister.

Don't wait another year. I wanted to go road racing since I was ~13-14. Didn't do it until I was 36. If you sell it, and wait a year, shit will get in the way, and that shit will do everything in it's power to stop you from getting to the track.

Bring that hooptie out, and drive it like you stole it.

Adam, I tried to call you late last night but I think it might have been to late and you were probably a sleep already. Sorry if I woke you up. I came to the conclusion that I am going to keep it and sell the other toys I have such as my drag bike, and my collection of SVO cars as I have no use for them. Also Adam, you can trust me about driving that hooptie like I stole it as I will do that and I will have fun. I am going to call you this afternoon.

GlennCMC70
02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
your on the right track. i think many of us here sold some of if not all our toys to be able to enjoy this sport. once you go wheel to wheel, doing stuff w/ a street car/bike is just ho hum.
sell the extra crap off to fund the crack habbit!

looking forward to next weekend so i can put a face w/ a name.
not looking forward to sitting out my first weekend in 3 years.
i think doing lots of tech will up my spirits. :twisted:

michaelmosty
02-01-2008, 10:05 AM
If you are going to buy another complete, ready to race, turn key race car, sell your current one. Don't sell your current one to start from scratch.

My $.02.

Richard P.
Ditto, get on track as soon as possible.

Fbody383
02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Of course you never go broke taking a profit but none of us are racing to make a living or make money.

Don't trade for a living do you? We should talk about that this weekend. 8)

You've got a running race ready car.
Your next one may not. Drive it like you stole it.

Plan A: Keep it, drive it.

Plan B: Trade up/down for another running car.

I'm (slowly) building a car from the gound up and would have prefered a turnkey ride had funds permitted.

silversvo
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Looks like the car is going to be staying for now as I have posted all my other cars for sale on misc. web boards. I will miss the first event due to business trip, but the second event, you can count me in to be there.

Adam Ginsberg
02-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Adam, I tried to call you late last night but I think it might have been to late and you were probably a sleep already. Sorry if I woke you up. I came to the conclusion that I am going to keep it and sell the other toys I have such as my drag bike, and my collection of SVO cars as I have no use for them. Also Adam, you can trust me about driving that hooptie like I stole it as I will do that and I will have fun. I am going to call you this afternoon.

So that's who was calling me. Oh...we weren't asleep at all. Wrap party at the bowling alley w/kamikaze's until ~midnight or so. ;)

It was good chatting with you on Friday. Have a safe trip overseas.....be sure to sign up for the next event, and bring that beast out to beat on.

David Love AI27
02-03-2008, 11:22 AM
your on the right track. i think many of us here sold some of if not all our toys to be able to enjoy this sport. :twisted:

I sold my home and kept all my toys.