PDA

View Full Version : Missing NASA TX traditions!

AI#97
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Post of the traditions you miss...

I seem to recall the mention of Granny Panties. The wonderful award for finishing behind slower class cars...? Whatever happened to this tradition?

What else have we left out along the way?

jeffburch
02-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Manties
http://www.manties.net/
there's a pic of Lyons around somewhere.

jb

ShadowBolt
02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Manties
http://www.manties.net/
there's a pic of Lyons around somewhere.

jb

Your sick Jeff. How would you know anything about a site like that?

JJ

Adam Ginsberg
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
There were/are a few traditions we started in TX:

1. Manties. Any AI or AIX car passed by a CMC car, and it's maintained for one or more laps, gets a pair on manties/granny panties zip tied to the car. Mike Bell said it could cause a problem, so it was stopped. He's now wearing a driving suit driving an SM, so I say it's time for a return in the 2008 season.

2. Rookie plates. Each incoming rookie is provided a bright orange rookie plate ( required by the CCR's ). Upon successful completion of the required number of provisional/rookie races (and signed off by the Race/School/Comp License directors), that plate is signed and dated, then handed to the next rookie. Let's bring that back for 2008 as well.

3. BFT on 3. Todd mentioned this recently - may be corny to some, but it gets people's attention in the pits, and they come running over to see us race.

4. Having fun. Like we have the past year. Remember?

jeffburch
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
search manties on this site

You'll see how sick (fast) I am.
:shock:

jb

y5e06
02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
How about a new one?

The previous seasons Regional/National champs buy a keg or supply enough beer for the whole weekend (or various assortments of smaller container brewed beverages) for all of AI/CMC paddock.

.... Friday starting around 6pm sounds good

donovan
02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
How about a new one?

The previous seasons Regional/National champs buy a keg or supply enough beer for the whole weekend (or various assortments of smaller container brewed beverages) for all of AI/CMC paddock.

What's your flavor?

DD

michaelmosty
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Keystone light is good for me. I always bring extra but for some reason nobody else drinks it. :lol:

GlennCMC70
02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
i'm in.
Jeff B?

jeffburch
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Brooks is in Cali!
Seriously, have you purchased a keg lately?
Regional or Nat'l?
You can't double dip there MD! 8)

jb

donovan
02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I might have to bring Brooks just to help carry the beer!

DD 8)

AI#97
02-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Keystone light is good for me. I always bring extra but for some reason nobody else drinks it. :lol:

Now I know where that shit came from in my cooler last year! I wouldn't even give that crap to my dogs!

Leave it up to Morgan to present a plan he himself will never be affected by!.....ZING!!!!! :P

jeffburch
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Hehe, at least MD has GOOD taste in beer.
Keystone Light LOL, where's the urinal?!

jb

y5e06
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
What's your flavor?

anything good will do this time!

[quote=michaelmosty]
Leave it up to Morgan to present a plan he himself will never be affected by!.....ZING!!!!! :P

oh, ouch. thats gonna leave a mark. remind me to block MW on all inverted starts from now on.

Actually if you think about it... I'll be reaping the benefits of such a tradition!! (as long as no one brings KEYSTONE)

Al Fernandez
02-06-2008, 08:40 AM
:lol: I remember reading about manties back when I was still in Cali, thinking "those Texas boys are nuts! I'm surprised no one has started a brawl over something like that" :lol:

Morgan, you are brilliant! :D

mitchntx
02-06-2008, 08:51 AM
How about a new one?

What's your flavor?

DD

What's your flavor?

anything good will do this time!

A more appropriate brew for this new tradition ...

www.arrogantbastard.com

AI#97
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Actually if you think about it... I'll be reaping the benefits of such a tradition!! (as long as no one brings KEYSTONE)

sounds like you named your brand of choice! ;)

Mosty thanks you!!! :lol: :lol:

Todd Covini
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I miss the Saturday nite trackside movies/videos.
We'll revive this one at Round 2 and make SURE we have a projector and Boudy's sounds system for the 2007 video!

Did someone say keg party :?:

Jeremy Gunter
02-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Did somebody say sound system?

http://www.cat5productions.com/images/jbl_speaker.gif

Whats the Max DB at MSR?

Adam Ginsberg
02-14-2008, 08:50 AM
And since someone who shall remain nameless decided to be "politically correct" Todd!! and censor my previous post, attached is the pic of the #12 AI car with the manties:

Todd Covini
02-14-2008, 11:23 PM
No max dB at MSRC.
Boudy...what dB is your system rated at?
(That's the max dB at MSRC.)
8)

-=- T